Why isn't there a vaccaine for acne? Surely this would be a billion dollar industry

Why isn't there a vaccaine for acne? Surely this would be a billion dollar industry

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propionibacterium_acnes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because most forms of acne are mostly caused by genetics and by hormones as a side effect of puberty. It's caused by your body, not by a virus or specific bacteria strain.

Unless you want to fuck with your genetics or interfere with your natural puberty process, then you can only treat the symptoms not the cause.

>Why isn't there a vaccaine for acne?
The cure is for them to NOT put crap in their mouth.
> Surely this would be a billion dollar industry
It's likely it has been/is.

There is a cure.

It's called Accutane and it saved me.

I am, hands down, the healthiest person in my family and I got fucked by acne. I'd say the main cause is stress and absolutely nothing worked for my skin I just had to stop caring about literally anything and everything

wash your damn face.

drink lots of water.

exercise and sweat a lot.

stop touching your face

It's genetic, there's virtually nothing you can do but reduce it while you have it. I use a mild cleanser, a mousziter with sunscreen and a special exfoliating cream to manage my acne and it works pretty well. Luckily most of it is gone now and I plan to get a derma pen or laser treatment to treat the scarring.

the key is to turn the water to ice cold for the last minute of your shower. let it run on your face and seal your pores before you step out. dry with a clean towel and apply lotion to avoid overproduction of oil.

took me 15 years of acne to figure this out.

Acne is caused by a bacterium:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propionibacterium_acnes

Genetics and hormones might influence susceptibility, but the ultimate cause is microbial

Healthy diet and cannabis.

Implying psylocin works on acne...

for the most part, you can't vaccinate against bacteria, vaccines primarily target viruses

reads like "a complete idiot's guide of prejudices"

It's good advice for non-acne skin for people outside of puperty, but yeah that guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Acne is caused by bacteria. You could take antibiotics but that would probably be a bad idea because antibiotic resistance.

what this guy said
also changing your pillow case regularly

There already is. I don't remember what it was called but a few friends of mine took it (they weren't allowed to drink at all for a few weeks while they were taking it) and afterwards their acne permanently disappeared. And they had some bad acne

people with acne know this is bullshit

just take accutane its simple as fuck

Acne is caused by a blocked up lymph system and the bacteria at the surface feeding on the cellular waste. Btw never take accutane, it will ruin your body big time. Detox and remove things in your diet that are contributing to the problem.

Isotretinoin/Accutane saved me. My face looked pretty much just like in OPs picture, now 3 years later it's smooth as silk. Antibiotics were a meme, they didn't do shit.

i sit at a computer most of the day with my hand on my face when i'm reading. I'll get acne where my hand was resting. I'm in my mid 30s.

when I was in the army, exercising and showering several times a day, and drinking a lot of water. my acne cleared up.

its actually called isotretinoin but i agree

>vaccine
>billion dollar industry
Nope
TREATMENTS are where the real money is at
you can sell a person a vaccine once
but you can sell them a treatment a thousand times

>there aren't vaccines for bacteria
>what are dyptheria, tetanus fucking cholera and black plague

Why i'm so mad yet i know im on Veeky Forums?

fucking brainlets REEEEEEEEEEEE

But you can just steal the money from the people selling treatments by developing a vaccine that works better.

if you wanted to make money you'd make a treatment
if you want to get yourself killed, you'd make a vaccine

>it worked for me so it must work for everyone
woah.

you ever wonder why Chad in high school had clear skin that allowed him to bang stacys?

while nerds are pizza faced.

He wouldn't have been Chad if he had acne.
He'd just be some average kid.

You really don't need big pharma swill to fix your body. Accutane has so many side effects (depression, baldness, dizziness, dryness of the face and skin, itches, bowl disease, liver damage, I could go on) Just give your body a chance to naturally rid itself of toxins.

>correlation implies causation
woah.

Exactly.

>I'll get acne where my hand was resting. I'm in my mid 30s.
wash your fuckin hands you disgusting fuck

>smoker who eats junk food
>sit on Veeky Forums all day if I can be bothered to get up
>only shower when I need to go out

haven't had a single spot since secondary school over a decade ago. may be a waster but I won the acne immunity lottery of life

>Just give your body a chance to naturally rid itself of toxins
oh ok
what homeopathic remedy do you suggest for cleansing myself of these vague toxins of which you speak?

Stop using chemicals on your face, stop scrubbing your face, rinse your face with cold water in the shower, wash your pillow covers regularly, get plenty of sun, stay away from greasy or oily foods, and dont touch your face frequently.
Essentially, stop being a basement dwelling leprosy ridden troglodyte and your skin will reflect it

the fuck are you talking about - pores are blocked and they have nothing to do with the lymphatic system. Quit talking out of your acne ridden ass. >muh scary toxins

>Unless you want to fuck with your genetics or interfere with your natural puberty process
>Stop playing God! M-muh nature!