What are your thoughts on this moon from Saturn called Methone?

What are your thoughts on this moon from Saturn called Methone?

I am surprised it has no craters. Are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Solar_System_objects_by_size
realclearscience.com/quick_and_clear_science/2017/02/22/proposed_planet_definition_means_solar_system_has_110_planets.html
newscientist.com/article/dn23560-astrophile-saturns-egg-moon-methone-is-made-of-fluff/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's because it's a gas dwarf.

Probably another comet captured into orbit.

What kind of atmosphere could be heavy enough to stay on such tiny object?

Don't know. Ask Saturn's other moon Titan.

Snow can hide craters

>called Methone?
That a bunch of junkies named it.

That's because it's an egg.
Any meteorite hit would have shattered it.
Which means it was laid not so long ago.

It's one of the protomolecule delivery vehicles, so naturally it is self repairing.

How close is it to Methtwo?

Looks like it is right in there tight with the rings -- if the rings are made of small enough particle, I wonder if it is basically being constantly polished by micro impacts.

So many people hold the perspective that there's only nine planets and not many terrestrial.. there's a shitton of round, giant terrestrial worlds that are interesting as hell.

It doesn't make us any less lonely but it certainly shows how crowded this place is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Solar_System_objects_by_size

realclearscience.com/quick_and_clear_science/2017/02/22/proposed_planet_definition_means_solar_system_has_110_planets.html

Pluto will be avenged.

Venus where?

>Trappist 1 has seven terrestrial planets
>Nerdgasms everywhere,

actually it has an infinite amount of craters so it evens out

There are only 8 planets in our solar system

As you said, being a planet is not a prerequisite to being interesting or complex.

Titan is far from the sun and cold, which means the molecules of its atmosphere are moving slowly, which means relatively few of them reach escape velocity, which means titan has held onto a significant atmosphere for a very long time. Titan's atmosphere is almost completely made of nitrogen, with a small amount of methane and other small hydrocarbons acting similarly to how water acts in our atmosphere. UV light from the sun interacts with this mixture and produces a brown haze of more complex organic molecules in the upper layers of the atmosphere.

that's just an egg

it's fluffy. I want to touch it!
newscientist.com/article/dn23560-astrophile-saturns-egg-moon-methone-is-made-of-fluff/

I bet you're the sort of guy who is just drowning in pussy

Not wholesome dude. Not wholesome at all. :^(

That was a good explanation no need to be a dick

Nah the aliens were to lazy to send more than one rock and the Mickies blew up Phoebe.

What, do you think i'm some sort of faggot?

>Methone
not my favourite drug

Callisto confirmed for most qt moon

Methone is believed to be fluffy though which is why it doesn't have any craters

That guy wasn't really looking for an explanation shit-for-brains.

Titan's huge compared to that blob though.

Why are non-artistic interpretation images of moons in such low detail and black and white?

Why should I give a shift?

>black and white?
How do you know that? Also many cameras on space probes can only produce color images by using color filters and combinig multiple image, making a b/w one is much easier
>such low detail
Because Cassini didn't really get near to it

consider suicide

Hurr how come this moon guarded by this golden fat motherfucker eating up niggas got no dere scratches kleetus???

> no u

Kek

they aren't always.

Shit, Mars is actually that small compared to Earth?

What will hatch from it?

Venus is slightly smaller than Earth. It's like 94-5% of the Earth.

I consider roughly Pluto sized to be the cutoff point for being one of the cool guys. Everyone around that size or bigger have some cool gimmicks and personality, if you go smaller you just end up with lots of literally whos.

Earth: 1g
Venus: 0.91g
Mars: 0.38g

Yeah, pretty fucking small, however, there's no oceans so there's a shitload of landmass.

Surface area of Mars: 145 million km/sq
Land Surface area of Earth: 148 million km/sq
Land Surface area of Venus: 460 million km/sq

No I'm not surprised there are no craters. Why would there be craters on the business end of an unused tampon?

Yes, but why was it left off the chart?

How can Martian planetlets even hope to compete?

Since its continually blasted with ring material that disrupts the surface, no.

Dimensions 3.9x2.6x2.4 km. Density about one third of water. Wouldn't survive impact. Alien base I'd say.

It's the White Moon.

Underrated

Wtf are you talking about