Is Father John Misty Veeky Forums?

Is Father John Misty Veeky Forums?

Has anyone ever read his novella, "Mostly Hypothetical Mountains"?

Also here is a recent post from him calling out /pol/

Tweeting or facebook posting or whatever the fuck these are is as plebeian as it gets.

No, definitely not from that. Unless Veeky Forums means referencing books that are meant to be smart without saying anything. Fleet Foxes made some pretty good music though.

What the fuck is this hack trying to say
I love you honeybear was garbage btw

Patrician as fuck. Unironically.

I like it comfy shit but each to his own

I don't get it. his he saying /pol/ is right while also bashing them saying that "you think no one before you has considered this"? I don't think anyone has said that and I think you would have to be an idiot to think that liberal side has somehow found the ultimate answer to life and to question it is sin

>the liberal side

Why do americans see politics this way. You can be a left-winger and hate liberals. It's not liberals vs /pol/, it's liberals vs everyone.

is it just me, or did he say nothing here?

>Why do americans see politics this way
absolutism. There are no coalition governments in US
>You can be a left-winger and hate liberals.
I have found that in most cases those left-winger are right wing and have only a minor disagreement on economic policy/gun/drug/ law basically the same issues they often give up on when its time for voting because due to the 2 party rule there is usually no one who is more than 60% compatible with them

unreadable

He is saying that this "awakening" will bite us in the ass. There is no middle ground, since we said no to Hilary the path of neo nazis is only thing in our future and good intentions we had during the vote won't matter

Better than the alternative

not only is it unreadable but he's a little bitch who doesn't even defend himself when he's confronted. he seriously comes across as the /pol/ stereotype of a "IT'S 2016" liberal.

*Shakes head* stm senpai and all the other garbage

>he won't even just indulge him and tell him the point
Loving
Every
Laugh

I'm a Communist but seeing salty Liberal hacks sperg like this makes me glad Trump won

this is the most patrish thing Ive read, But its kind of purple prosey and ultimately the method means as much as the message.

Maybe I'm biased as a leftist who hates liberals but I've never come across a leftist worth listening to who didn't hold centrism in disdain. Pretty much all communists and anarchists view liberalism as more threatening and more supportive of the capitalist structures than any form of right-wing thought. I wouldn't consider any of them right-wingers though.

I have no political leaning and am still hoping we will have robots to do menial labor and Im glad trump won, despite the fact I disagree with his anti net neutrality stance and few other views

>communist
oh god, the same can be said about you. If you're still a political radical at age 40 you've done something wrong with your life.

>Pretty much all communists and anarchists view
I would not trust their word on anything

I'm not sure what you mean by that. (Not in a meming, "What did he mean by this" way)

Could you explain?

communists, anarchists and libertarians are delusional. There views on anything are not likely to be accurate

Man, you sound like you haven't closed yourself off intellectually to new ideas! I sure want to listen to what you have to say about /pol/itics!

IT more like I have invested time into learning their ideas, found them idiotic and chose to never listen again. 3-6 months and their key books should be enough for each ideology to convince me of its merit, proof of concept would also help a lot

>you've done something wrong with your life.

Yeah I was born

Genuinely retarded.

So, what do you believe?

Im still searching

him or my interpretation of his words?

Eh, at least that's something.

I understand thinking communism is intellectually indefensible. But what bone do you pick with the anarchists?

i heard an interview with him recently
he's a complete and utter turd

He's right. Even if there were only Veeky Forums this position would unravel itself, it's unstable af.

This man is a hack and a cunt. Is that Veeky Forums?

father john thesaurus probably is involved with CTR in his spare time

This post would be worth something if it were 5-10 years from now and he was like 20 years old. To 90% of kids who are 14-19 he just sounds like an outdated old man who doesnt get it and is sad that his beliefs are rapidly losing relevancy

I have it in pdf on my pc, going to read it pretty soon

Tillman had very little to do with Fleet Foxes creatively

I gather from both that each one wants the other one to shut up for different reasons.
Kavanagh wants Misty to see his point and convince him, the next step. Misty wants Kavanagh to see that his final step in the argument is telling people off.

Misty thinks people need to be punished for thinking a certain way and believes he understands the thinking of a 4channer and thinks that that thinking will lead them astray. He's yelling at a kid to correct himself.

Kavanagh is asking Misty to correct him, but Misty just shakes his head. "You won't understand."

H I G H LI T E R A TU RE

nauseating pseud

Who was in the right though? Is it not better to ask your opponent in a debate to explain themselves, even if you're using this as a trap because you know they won't?

If someone can't explain an argument to another person engaging them in conversation, why speak at all? Are fans supposed to look at this and go "heh, plebs, when will they learn??"

Full disclosure, I think Honeybear was bogus and shallow, I cringe every time I listen to it. It reminds me of a worse, younger, more cynical version of myself.

Every post people share of patriarch john misty's gives me the impression that he is pandering to the same sentiment as grunge musicians, yet also completely resents that he has to do this in order to be successful. He seems in contempt of his fans, fellow musicians, and humanity, while begrudgingly playing the same game they are. What made him this way? Why is he Sun kil moon 2.0 (at least on social media)?

This is poorly written and seems like pure intellectual masturbation. He didnt actually say anything significant here. I say this as someone who hates the alt right

>why speak at all?
Generational and age gap. Both are right in that their opinion is as stated reasonable to each side listening. Hilarykind will be like 'yeah those dumb kids' and that's the response he's going for. It's Kavanagh who needs to learn to see from his eyes, in Misty's opinion, and in Kavanagh's opinion it's Misty who does. Misty blows off Kavanagh for the same reason both of them are making the statement, 'you cannot understand my opinion'. The 'so tell me' is ignored by misty.
>What made him this way?
Doesn't matter, everyone has a early period where they accept anything they are told it's just basic psychology. It's two retards fighting for who is the best retard, that is the history of man.

>It's two retards fighting for who is the best retard, that is the history of man.

Fair enough

I agree with him

I think that some of the Hegelian inspired dialectical materialism of communists has merit, but the resulting praxis is flawed

Don't ever compare Father John Plebsty to Marky Mark Kozelek. Mark and Misty reject the same things, but what they do to actually go through with it is wildly different. Mark rebelled against, well, pitchfork by going the opposite direction of them and intentionally alienating himself from that culture, showing he's not afraid to scorn fame and relevance for integrity. Misty makes the same complaints but doesn't aspire to be anything else than what he is: pitchfork core bullshit. It's obvious whose rebellion is the truer.

I'm a markfag if you can't tell but i believe my points are valid

this poster has a true insight to this matter

FJM is a garbage-dwelling peasant boy with feather in his cap

>Father John Misty
>Fleet Foxes
choose one

Not sure who the heck this is. I was searching for some information on fatherdubs.

>haha you're wrong and childish
>why?
>haha wow can't believe you'd ask that man haha wow grow up
I
CANT
EVEN

There's only one Marky Mark bro.

It definitely isn't that fake ass nigga,it's my boy right here