Friend asks for a book suggestion

>Friend asks for a book suggestion

What do you tell them to read, Veeky Forums?

Depends on who he is and what he wants to read. Some books are universal though. Tell him to read The Old Man and the Sea.

Infinite Jest so I have someone that isn't an user on Veeky Forums to talk about it with

>Implying it's a "he"
The spooks are strong with you

Depends on what they've read and if they are looking for a particular genre.

Siddhartha or Cannery Row. Both are classics but also easy, accessible reads that won't turn off the average pleb.

catch 22 or herman hesse

My diary, desu.

I usually recommend Cannery Row or Slaughterhouse-Five to nonreader friends who ask me for a good book to read. Both go over pretty well most of the time.

Good call on Siddhartha too.

Trump's son and John Lennon in that photo?

Anything writen by our god, John Green.

Did "you" just assume it(?)'s position regarding the existence of other intelligent beings?

Until English comes up with a gender-indifferent set of pronouns I will default to he, since I am a he.

They don't have gender neutral pronouns? They have such a stupid language. They should be shot for their lack of gender neutral pronouns.

Gender neutral pronouns that aren't retarded. They is generally plural. I guess I could start using xe, xer, xim, ect. but I'd probably be laughed out of this board.

Do you think you could get someone to read through a book that long?

lmaoi why these Veeky Forums faggots recommend the same things over and over again? Talk about echo chambers. GET FUCKED

you tried too hard

any normie book like Murakami

Something pretentious, then make a comment afterwards saying "heh, you probably wouldn't like it" then offer an alternative.

Alastalon salissa, since there is not a single millennial who would have read it and would like to discuss Kilpi

>wasting a whole cinnamon stick on a single cup

normally borges if they havent read any yet. if they have, maybe calvino or mein kampf

If the glögi is boiled too much I would do that

Bitter glögi is disgusting man