Hegel

I'm not smart or hardworking enough to read Hegel but I want to understand his work. Recommend me some secondary literature that gives me a synthesis of his work.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/fr/kojeve.htm
hegel.net/works/first.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Singer and Kaufmann

He really really isn't that difficult.
Aristotle and his boys are way harder imo.

Literally who?

>I'm not smart or hardworking enough to read Hegel but I want to understand his work

This is the funniest thing I've read all night. That someone can't read a book but thinks they can gain the knowledge of having read the book through another.

In that case, we wouldn't have to read, just go around asking the one's who read something, "Tell me about it."

As though we were Neo learning Jujitsu.

I chuckled. People in general who hype up philosophical texts as these difficult dense texts that very few people can understand are just a part of the problem.

You can say the same about almost any other academic area, but people will eat right up something stem, while philosophy is 'obscure' on purpose.

Intentional obscurity is a problem in all academic disciplines. The language in scientific research is always intentionally obfuscatory.

And so the same can be said of philosophy. No one is interested to make it accessible and proceed to sacrifice complexity and systematic research on the way.

Hegel, installed from above, by the powers that be, as the certified Great Philosopher, was a flat-headed, insipid, nauseating, illiterate charlatan, who reached the pinnacle of audacity in scribbling together and dishing up the craziest mystifying nonsense. This nonsense has been noisily proclaimed as immortal wisdom by mercenary followers and readily accepted as such by all fools, who thus joined into as perfect a chorus of admiration as had ever been heard before. The extensive field of spiritual influence with which Hegel was furnished by those in power has enabled him to achieve the intellectual corruption of a whole generation.

Lel epic STEM meme!!! Go back to redddit science nerds.

I'm not pro-stem (I'm not against it either), read the posts again.

Schoppy was resentful of anything that didn't agree with him, that narcissist. Don't listen to bitter people.

Yet he was right in being resentful. Besides, you're full of shit, him and Goethe both had a theory about colour and he didn't resent Goethe one bit.

The only people who are mad about Hegel don't understand Hegel.

This tribal bullshit is immature. STEM provides for digital distribution of works and information while liberal arts and humanities produces those works.

>literally
>the
>wikipedia
>page

There's some serious autism that happens on wikipedia every now and then tho so be careful

You have to read the guy,don't be such a lazy pleb.
For Hegel,you must have read Kant and for Kant,read the Rationalists and Empiricists,so if you've not even read Descartes,read him(modern philosophy isn't hard).

As for secondary literature,i recommend Jean Hyppolite’s Genesis and Structure of Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit" and Alexandre Kojeve’s Introduction to the Reading of Hegel: Lectures on the Phenomenology of Spirit,he Hegel Variations: On the Phenomenology of Spirit,In the Spirit of Hegel,The Opening of Hegel's Logic: From Being to Infinity (History of Philosophy Series),The Idea of Hegel's "Science of Logic."

After you've done that,then you can start with his Lectures(history,logic,aesthetics,etc),after that then tackle his works,one should read his works in the following order:

Encyclopaedia->Elements of Right->Science of Logic->Phenomenology of Spirit

The only people who are mad about Freud don't understand Freud.

The only people who are mad about Heidegger don't understand Heidegger .

The only people who are mad about Aristotle don't understand Aristotle.

The only people who are mad about Me don't understand Me.

Mad people are looking for scapegoats.

Mate, what are you on about?

Exactly.

>Hegel

Charlatan par excellence.

Not to mention they make you more creative leading to new applications within STEM

>that pic
/pol/ BTFO

I also need easy help for into Hegel

marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/fr/kojeve.htm

>Only one man understood me and he didn't understand me

What did he mean by this? Was he speaking from the perspective of le Absolute akin to statements made in Bhagavad Gita here or..?

>tfw won't be able to read him in original language
Why even bother with western philosophy if he will be waiting there at the end, unable to be understood?

žižek you pled

Try Google next time you retard. People like you don't want to learn, you just want to project an illusion of learning

hegel.net/works/first.htm