My new diabetes medicine gives me dhiarrea, what can i eat to balance it out?

my new diabetes medicine gives me dhiarrea, what can i eat to balance it out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=siAbiwPyccg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

semen

charcoal tabs would absorb the medicine
get better medicine

mcchickens

how about "less sugar"

Broccoli and/or cabbage

A bullet.

should probably change your medication ya dummy

Post more bisu

doctor said this is normal

oh, that sucks

i dont tell her about the couple sniker bars i ate tho

What drug is it?

even without the pancreas you still are your own man, mum's the word

Metformin hydrochloride

>type 2 diabetes

post diet

your own diarrhea you fucking animal

please friend, I am the way god made me

I still don't have a diet
Doctor said to watch out what I eat and ask for a turn with the nutritionist and endocrinologist

That's the frontline type 2 drug. You're newly diagnosed? A1C? All right, so here's the thing: stop eating all refined sugars immediately. Lose weight, go on a ketogenic diet for a while. There's a possibility you can reverse the disease if you do this now. Alternately, you may be able to inject insulin (consult with your doctor) instead, but this doesn't address the underlying problem of your insulin insensitivity, but may actually make it worse and cause you to gain more weight. Metformin blocks glucose production in your liver, which is a compensation for your over-production of insulin. By metabolically switching over to ketosis for a while (and losing weight) you may give your system enough of a break to no longer need metformin. Sadly, a lot of doctors do not take the time to fully explain things like this with type 2's and their conditions worsen and they keep throwing more drugs at them as a treatment.

by the way, for most people who get diarrhea after first taking metformin eventually stop having it. It's common. every time the dosage is increased it is likely to happen again.

Don't let them tell you carbohydrates are fine. They're not fine. Your genes do not like a high-carb diet. This is why you have type 2. You became overweight with carbs.

ok but how do i stop all the shitting?
because its kind of a pain in the ass

thanks for saying what i was going to say but in a much less shitposty bantery way

OP, for the love of god stop eating so much sugar and wheat and starches

Should clear up on its own. This is a common side effect of the drug. Something like 50% of patients get it. Diabetes sucks, don't it? Do your best to fix that so you don't need the drug to live. It's not too late.

im a master of ignoring problems until they blow in my face, thats kind of wwhat got me here
plus im starting college so i will be under a lot of stress

Better start finding another way to deal with stress. I'm trying to help you. I've had type 1 since I was a child. it's a horrible disease with no possible cure. For you, there is a possible cure. I recommend trying it.

Metformin is beginning to be phased out due to all of the side effects. Had a patient in with metformin induced lactoc acidosis, freaked us out because we thought she was septic.
Not to mention it can fuck your kidneys if youre not careful, which is a doubble whammy that diabetes can already do. Id try to change your diet enough to get off of it
t. Medfag

im probably going to die then

you were already going to die

telling a fat diabetic to lose weight and be active seems like painfully obvious advice, but if your blood pressure gets elevated the ass is going to fall out of your body real fast

fucking type 2's have it so easy, I hate the fact that you faggots spend your lives eating like shit and being a fat sack of walrus shit, but I played sports, was a healthy weight and was diagnosed at age 12 for no fucking reason yet for some reason we're lumped in with the same disease.

All you faggots have to do is take a pill and not eat like shit, yet you bitch and bitch and bitch. I've had to take a minimum of 4 needles/day for 13 fuckin' years with no end in sight.

Type 2 should be called something else, like "fat shit who couldn't take care of themselves" disease. Fuck.

well it cant be helped
this is what years of build up leads to
at least i dont have to put up with bullshit much longer

>I've had to take a minimum of 4 needles/day for 13 fuckin' years with no end in sight.
i cant imagine how much diarrea you had to deal with, im sorry

get on the pump you salty faggot
continuous glucose monitoring is cresting the hilltop so soon you'll basically have a robotic pancreas that you just have to piss money into

If youre using food to handle stress you may want to go see a counselor. Seriously. I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder, got started on vyvanse to control the compulsions and I see a counselor every other week. Its done wonders for me.
The idea that overeating can have a psychological component, the same way anorexia does, is a newer concept, but it's just as legitimate

I've fetishized over eating, is there hope for me?

i always had too many problems to know how to deal with them so i started ignoring them so they became bigger problms so i ignored them harder, food is just one of them
i have been to like 8 different therapysts, its not for me i guess

Yes you dummy, seek helpSo do you plan on doing anything to change your habits, in order to save yourself?

Type 1 for 30 years. I don't even remember what it feels like to be normal anymore. I'm starting to forget the memory of feeling normal. You shoulda been there before the better insulins came on the market. That was a hoot. You eat keto? Helps a lot.

I don't disagree with your opinion of fatalistically whiney type 2's, but I don't think REEing at them helps any. The shared name for the distinct diseases goes back to antiquity. Diabetes mellitus roughly translates to sweet/honey sieve/water, meaning sweet piss. It is a shared symptom of hyperglycemia present in both diseases. Legends say ancient physicians would taste patients' urine.

way too late for that, im dying with dignity instead

But how. And not for me, I'm pretty fine, but I really love fat girls. I want little more than to feed and caress a 400lb girl. I don't want to kill my loved one, but god if more isn't better. I'm not even attracted to conventionally hot girls

>ancient physicians would taste patients' urine
well at least there is a plus

none that was a direct result of my diabeetus

I probably will be soon. I'm worried about a pump putting me low at night tho as stupid as that sounds.

>30 years
fuck really? good job man...any side effects?

I know, I don't sperg out about it often but sometimes I just need to vent and Veeky Forums feels like a better place to do it than anywhere people might recognize me

I like to think about that when endos get uppity.

Nope. Still good, afaik. I'm hard to kill.

people have died from it. I still use multiple daily injection because it's cheaper and less encumbering, but I also don't care about pinpricks or needles. Having to sleep with a lump taped to you seems like a bigger pain in the ass, but basically have never heard a bad thing about pumps (outside of the occasional lethal overdose, but pretty sure they were kids and it was user error)

shit mang. how's your control been? I had pretty shit control for a few years because I was partying hard and other dumb shit that highschool/college kids do. I have alright control most of the time now and work out 4-6 days/week but sometimes it feels so pointless because the damage has been done and I'm gonna die young anyways.

yeah that's the thing, I'm worried that I'll like get drunk and go to sleep, and I'll have a low but it'll just keep pumping fast acting insulin into me. It's different when you just have toujeo or something as basal....if I drop low there's a good chance I'll just stay low instead of dropping lower, you know?

could always stop drinking too... but I don't know much about pumps outside they cost more and everyone on them thinks they're way better
>inb4 continues to drink because who needs eyesight (yeah I do too)

You could always try counseling, but my experience goes as far as my own self destruction, not neccecary the destruction of others.
Then why start metformin if youve given up? There's no dignity in ending your life in the hospital, too weak to wipe your own ass with both of your legs gone from gangene. Id post what that looks like but Veeky Forums is a blue board. You might be able to comprehend what that smells like though

Have you experienced blurry vision?
Last year my right eye started hurting real bad and got super blurry and I woke up one morning with blood coming out

Pretty good control. Not without psychological scars from bad times though. It'll probably still kill me one day, but I'll fight it anyway.

I know, I wanna stop but it's tough being a 25 year old in college. I literally can't talk to chicks or anything unless I'm a little bit buzzed.

true. I've only had emergency lows like 4 or 5 times my whole life, scared the shit out of me.

Try weed. Munchies is only a issue for people new to it. You can easily smoke around meals or just have willpower. Gum really fucking helps too.

GEE FUCKING WHIZ, GET ON DA PUMP, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?
You got a couple thousand dollars for a pump laying around, buddy? And probably a couple more for a year's worth of injectors and tubing?
I don't use $25 Novolin R and N because I WANT to, you fucking ass clown.

I got diagnosed through ketoacidosis, so when I was out of the hospital I couldn't see for two days but that was it, otherwise my eyes have been fine ish

maybe get a better job then, you know like adults do

Used to smoke but it started triggering huge anxiety attacks for me...which is part of the reason I drink so much now

youtube.com/watch?v=siAbiwPyccg

Story time?

I once crawled a few miles down a mountain at night while having seizures and blacking out every 20 minutes. It was beyond surreal. Felt like death was walking right beside me the whole way, telling me to give up. The black tree branches felt like his bony skeletal hands clawing at me. I was like: "No! Fuck you! Grr!" Took me hours to get out of there by myself. Thank you, liver.

the fuck, really? how did you not die? like...I thought once you started having seizures & shit like that was it and if no ones around to call 911/help you you die

also how did you find yourself in that situation lmao

no, it's a good piece of advice that if you are having lows not to ride them or let them become habitual because your liver will use up all its reserved fuel stores and if you do fuck up you'll die instead

had a seizure from low and when the ambulance arrived I was back up to 5.5 or so, was only a short period of time. I legit passed out though

Apparently my pancreas can still release glucagon, which stimulates your liver to convert stored glycogen into glucose, giving you another chance. So that and fucking willpower.

I was hiking. I had brought lots of snacks with me, too, but I had underestimated. This was in the before times when cellphones were uncommon.

>should probably change your medication ya dummy
No, he can't. Not really any alternatives. My mom has the same issue on her metformin too.
If you get time released, you might not get the symptoms as bad, but no one has insurance that covers the difference from the generic which isn't time released.

OP, google "Low FODMap" diets. They will create at least some lesser symptoms as you avoid the foods that are on the lists as causing the most symptoms for Irritable Bowel Syndrome patients.
Take tagamet or nexium daily, to shut down some of the acid pumps, and probably avoid stomach lining irritants like alcohol, spicy foods, and acidic drinks like OJ, coffee (switch to milder tea).

Hope you feel better. Maybe you can drop a bunch of weight and go off the medicine entirely.

As someone recently diagnosed and put on metformin, this thread was informative AF.

>last year have a massive blood sugar spike, a1c was only 6.5 so my dr didnt put me on anything
>try to eat better for like a month but immediately fall off the wagon
>im a cook at a nice restaurant
>breakfast
>direct access to all of the OJ and apple juice I could ever want
>spend 6 months pounding apple juice and eating shit that pasty put out as chef-snacks like all the trimmings from all the brownies and creations of theirs.
>start pissing a whole lot and being thirsty AF
>go to my parents who are diabetic
>glucose level was at 450
>go to dr that week
>FUCKING A1C OF 10.3
>HOLY SHIT
>dr pretty much tells me Im fucked and that metformin may not be enough
>challengeaccepted.jpg

That shit was in late december and Ive just really cut out the obvious carbs and pay attention to the breads and shit that are the carbs that are kind of a pain in the ass to get out of your diet. Also joined a gym and Im down 15 lbs and Ive kind of just taken to fasting while Im at work.

Oh yeah, my blood sugar for the last 2 months has gone between 80-130

>coffee
well i do drink a lot of coffee
i have been going in long 6 mile walks lately but this week i wasnt able to, too busy

>Low FODMap
>gluten free
come on, i would rather deal with the runny shits than be that guy

i feel you. my brother's 15 and was diagnosed at like, 4, and it was a huge surprise to everyone considering how active he was, and continues to be.

we've considered the pump but our blood sugar isnt stable enough. hopefully soon artificial pancreases or insulin producing cells get synthesized or something, im willing to through tens of thousands if it means stabilizing an easier workaround diabetes for my brother. i love him as he is, but i want to make his life easier.

but yeah, op. the most i can say is try to take care of your body and health, the last thing you want is further complications to arise from uncontrolled glucose levels, like celiac's disease or changes in vision or overall health.

also, another pile on. Depression is twice as common in diabetics and will make you stop giving a fuck and ruin your control, so if you start to get mopey consider talking to your physician about it OP. The complications are unpleasant and you want to delay them as long as possible

increase your fiber intake, it'll give your stools more bulk

A female bull
A bull-ette if you will

Cyanide