As atheism becomes more common, what will fill the hole in the heart where religion used to be?

As atheism becomes more common, what will fill the hole in the heart where religion used to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.johnwiley.com.au/product_data/excerpt/47/04706745/0470674547-196.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=z9OcG5A788Q&t=9m53s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The truth.
And that's not atheism for sure

Atheists, at least on the Internet, love bringing up muh science whenever possible, despite being as incompetent at it as their opponents, so I guess that.

Nothing. We'll get more and more nihilism and apathy. We'll all be Nietzschean last men.

Memes

Endless distraction in the form of hedonism, escapism, modern entertainment, social media, and secular eschatology (ie trans-humanism, singularity, etc.)

Scientism
Human beings simply need and will manufacture beliefs for themselves, even if they try to deny that fact.

Religion never really filled a void, though. The implication that it did is just circlejerking over the past.

The only way to ease the pain of existence is to get married, have kids, and sacrifice as much time and effort necessary to be an upstanding human being.

Atheism has barely grown at all when accounting for population, but Islam is almost 2:1 growing twice as fast as the population. Most major religions are growing faster than population, only a couple aren't.

Atheism is the new religion for the masses now. Vast majority doesn't even know what they signed up for. They haven't read a single religious work. At most they've read dawkins and are now throwing creationist dogmas, and blatant historical lies at everyone not agreeing with them.

This. Say Aloha snackbar to our new overlords from Arabia.

The Ubermensch. Eternal Recurrence.

Consumerism, sports, anything really.

>Atheism has barely grown at all when accounting for population

wut

I was referring to the world and not a specific region. You can see for yourself media.johnwiley.com.au/product_data/excerpt/47/04706745/0470674547-196.pdf

He's talking globally. Even the Catholic Church despite being called dead is growing well relative to world population. Next pope will be African

>secular eschatology (ie trans-humanism, singularity, etc.)

Why are you so autistic when it comes to this subject

Trans humanism and singularity are memes created by autists and propogated by shitty journalism

AI doesnt exist

Our childhood teddy bears

sex, mass produced consumer goods, drugs, comic book superheroes, collectivist ideology

history and humanities

Simple, mythology, most probably in the form of some deification of science or of the scientific endeavor as whole.
This is the world you asked for.

>atheists converting to anglicanism
So much for the argument that they are intelligent xD

Saganism

Don't disagree with you. But you must admit they're an atheist's equivalent of life after death

anti-ultracalvinism

Are you from the late 1800s or something?

That question is irrelevant now. Religion is long gone from the lives of the majority. The glorification of sex has widely replaced it — just think of how many uses we have for the word "fuck" nowadays, how often it is used, yet its primary use is sex related. And this makes sense, since for a very long time religion suppressed our sexual desires.

Money also replaced it, although it was a serious factor even when religion was still around. In fact, it was part of the development of widespread religions.

what a failure of a board

This.

Why did so many fall for this shitty bait.

We need secular social programs for adults and the young to meet and mingle, something to replace church.
Maybe an Atheist Church?

It's all a form of self-actualization, and the world has always had (closeted) atheists, so the same as ever: vice and art.

that sounds like a breeding ground for political-minded edgelords

Some people actually tried to found an atheist church, it fell apart within a month.

The day the Anglican Church is wiped from existence will be a happy day indeed.

I think that is all consistent with what the previous user said.

shoo shoo heretic
>mfw raised orthodox
>mfw slav

Rage
A sunlit acre of hate

Ideology. Just look at the blind fervor with which people attach themselves to the ideologies of today when the vast majority are incapable of discussing or even explaining their own views if queried.

It reminds me a lot of "I don't have to explain it because I know the truth in my heart and that's how God speaks to us."

Social Justice and Political Correctness.

>AI doesn't exist

anti-racism

Whatever ideology you people are postulating for atheists needs to fill them with wonder and awe, the way religion does with believers. It needs the equivalents of miracles, healings, and apparitions.

nothing. and isn't that why religion is inevitably going to become popular again?

humanistic scientism

Mike Pence's autobiography

racial and cultural identity
not even jk since it worked for me

Politics.

My ideology is right, everyone else is wrong.

>I don't believe in nothin' and have zero spirituality. I'm so damn edgy and cool.

Cool story bro.

What?

This, actually. Just look at Goebbels before NS. I've always said that this is really what such movements are about.

Oh, trust me. We WILL find something:
youtube.com/watch?v=z9OcG5A788Q&t=9m53s

UFOs, astrology and conspiracy theories

Philosophy

>The only way to ease the pain of existence is to get married, have kids, and sacrifice as much time and effort necessary to be an upstanding human being

I used to say something like this but then it hit me that it's an easy thing for a young single person to say. I'm sure having children has it's own upsides, but in the end all evidence points out it's as unfulfilling as everything else.

I doubt there'll be major changes. As someone has already pointed out most people in developed countries are not very religious. I doubt faith plays an important part in their lives.

Step 1.
Brain wash your self into believing women and people of color have less rights than the white man
step 2.
devote the rest of your life fighigting a battle that's already been won.

Agnostic Master Race

Atheists are playing the same game theists are, on opposite teams.
>i know he/it does/does not exist

Meanwhile agnostics give the ulimate fuck you to the whole thing, realizing that you cannot know with 100% certainty either way

Why is the world filled with Fedora Tippers and Bible Humpers?

If only. Plebs can't comprehend it.

It will always be religion. This is just a brief hiatus.

consumerism

As water is displaced from the bathtub, what will fill the hole where the water used to be?

>implying women aren't catered to at every level
Women have the easiest existence there is

This.

Atheism is becoming more common because that hole is already closing.

Memes

>what is air

Like a 80 year old virgin who has been in a long term relationship before

Nothing will fill that hole.

Cats

You're mixing up the order of things. It's because of consumer society that people are becoming less religious.
Life used to be pretty shit when God was still the most powerful entity in the western world but now many people refer to other instances to fix their problems.
People will just place their faith in the free market, technology, 'social progress' or something similar.

Narcissism

data

Degeneracy.