twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No I'm quite happy to admit I haven't

Woops, wrong picture

I read like signs and labels a lot

Maybe.

For middle school.
I'm lying I read the cliffnotes

No.
I've never read a book in my life, but I pretend I do because otherwise I have nothing to cling onto.
A couple of times I have tried to read books, but every single time I try, I fall asleep after 5 pages.
I don't know what to do. I am ready to end this life. The only thing I have books.
And even that is fake.

I generally read the first quarter of a book or so, get bored, look up the synopsis in wikipedia, and pretrend to everyone that I read it

Riddle me this Veeky Forums. Whats the point in reading an entire book, when I can just read a synopsis and a few analyses and get the point?

Rate pence's bookshelf Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=LvJzeIzgj2I

About 50 or so.

I think I saw a book once.

Absolute pleb. Tom Clancy. Conservative masturbation. Self-help. Commercialized religion. Disgusting.

n-no...

cs lewis and "the conscience of a conservative" are both perfeclty fine, but I fucking love that we have a vice president elect who puts the hunt for red october on his special "books of great consequence to me" shelf

almost everything in his office could be found at either cracker barrell or the indianapolis airport hudson news

Yes.

I'm a proud non-reader

I haven’t read “The Waste Land” for a year, and I never did bother to check all the footnotes. But I will hazard these statements—Eliot contains the same ecstatic vision which runs from Münzer to Yeats. However, he retains a grounding in the social reality/order of his time. Facing what he perceives as a choice between ecstatic chaos and lifeless mechanistic order, he accedes to maintaining a separation of asexual purity and brutal sexual reality. And he wears a stoical face before this. Read his essay on Tradition and the Individual Talent, as well as Four Quartets, when he’s less concerned with depicting moribund Europe, to catch a sense of what I speak. Remember how I said there’s a certain kind of conservatism which I respect more than bourgeois liberalism—Eliot is of this type. Of course, the dichotomy he maintains is reactionary, but it’s due to a deep fatalism, not ignorance. (Counter him with Yeats or Pound, who, arising from the same milieu, opted to support Hitler and Mussolini.) And this fatalism is born out of the relation between fertility and death, which I touched on in my last letter—life feeds on itself. A fatalism I share with the western tradition at times. You seem surprised at Eliot’s irreconcilable ambivalence; don’t you share this ambivalence yourself, Alex?

Let's not awkwardly tiptoe around the real issue here:

Does Pence write a diary (desu)?

I love this guy

>and I never did bother to check all the footnotes.

>not writing your master's thesis on Eliot's use of water imagery.

i would love to read that.

I'd post it, but sadly, it was written ages ago, just before fucking Painted Shadow came out and blew up our understanding of Eliot's first marriage all to hell. Some of my main theories were bullshit, based on incomplete and faulty data, so the final result is wrong (and my writing was pretty weak back then). It was mostly on Ash-Wednesday, too. Still, had a blast writing it.

DELET THIS

You can't actually do that with Ulysses.

Well, technically you can read an explanation rather than the book, but the explanation would probably be longer.

No one keeps a diary you stupid bitch.

I went to a book once
Through the magic of books

Serious question: is it possible to do that? Falling asleep while reading? I need a cool method to do it

No. I can't even write.

I love the way you write sentences.

?

seek and you shall find

>when you realize you've only ever read codices, but never read an actual book

The meme is that he gets "zaps the gay away" because he supports electro-shock therapy to cure homosexuality.
>Mike "Zap the Fruit Into a Vegetable" Pence
>Mike "You Like It In the Rear End? Then This Dial is Going Up To Ten" Pence

etc.

A book? No.

I'VE READ HUNDREDS.

thanks, bud.

Pence seems like a cool guy I would hang out with him