Let's all read a book together in December. if you are in school you should have some time off...

let's all read a book together in December. if you are in school you should have some time off. let's read the recognitions. it's a nice comfy winter time book. you get some nice holiday get togethers. the main character goes back home for Christmas and so on.

"no"

well I tried.

An excellent book. A little long maybe for a group read, especially within a month

I like this idea. We should vote on a book though. Even if it's a meme we can make a thread about it and everyone will have read it. My vote is for umm. Notes cause I'm already reading it desu

it will go longer than a month that's for sure. that fucking Christmas party holy shit hahaha

I'm down. There was a Ulysses's group awhile back.

There have been many. They all fail.
The problem is that we try to cast our nets too widely. These would be successful with 2-5 participants reading maybe 25 pages a day. With a discussion at a specific time daily.

well I've read it already I'd be down for 2 months of discussion on this book. it actually warrants it to. shit is DENSE AS A MOTHAFUCKA

Sure, who wants to start a reading schedule for the book?

>. We should vote on a book though
Lets do this. I'd read a book.

I've been thinking about starting this. I'm down.

already read it. lets do my diary. ill do a schedule

ALREADY 700 PAGES IN. SUCK MY DICK

CUM IN MY MOUTH YOU FAGGOT.

Sounds fun, I can tell me family that I have book friends

STRETCH MY ASS WITH YOUR BIG DICK REAL GOOD

I already read it twice, can I come in and comment?

I was actually already gonna suggest something similar for this exact book. I think if we each commit to reading at least 35-50 pages a day and open up a channel for discussion (either a daily thread here where people can post their two cents and comment on/build off of one another, Socratic seminar style or some other forum), we can have a fun time. The online guide already does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to references, contexts and themes/motifs throughout the book, and I could dig through my uni's library's collection of critical texts and occasionally post some insightful topics from those (lots of stuff either directly from or edited by Tabbi, Knight, Moore, Kuehl).

Most of all, this is one of my favourite books and has been ever since I first read it 4 years ago and I think it will resonate with many others here if you're willing to make the effort.

I'm willing to give it a try if I can find a copy, it's actually proving pretty hard to get (For a reasonable price) in Australia.

I'm down for a reread OP, can we make a group for it?