What is this I keep hearing about people not liking liver? Why the hell not, in addition to being fucking delicious...

What is this I keep hearing about people not liking liver? Why the hell not, in addition to being fucking delicious, it has hands down the best consistency/texture feel in the mouth of almost any meat product ever.

it can be kind of grainy and pasty, and if it is even slightly badly cooked it will remind people that it is a liver which grosses them out

Liver from young animals that lived good lives is delicious

Liver from older animals and CAFO meats is among the most horrible organ meats around

What happens sometimes is people who don't know about nice things, who genuinely believe all food is the same and nice things are a chinese hoax to ruin our economy, will find out that it's supposed to be like some kind of mark of sophistication to "pretend to like" liver, and so they go out to walmart and buy some beef liver, and fry it, and of course it tastes like the garbage it is. But since they think they're going to impress someone, they choke it down and go "omg so good!"

It's also common to see stuff like this with flyovers pretending to like Maxwell House without cream and sugar, or going to some shit-tier "ethnic" joint made to hoodwink white people, like the Viet or Japanese restaurants run by Chinese people. Or French Press coffee for that matter. They choke down the unpleasant food or drink and then either they're honest and say it's gross (and usually erroneously conclude that anyone who likes that stuff is putting on airs), or they lie and say it's great and then jump down anyone's throat who doesn't like it because that person is not cultured enough

tl;dr beef liver belongs in dog food

>supposed to be like some kind of mark of sophistication to "pretend to like" liver

Same thing applies to people who eat rare cooked meat and bitch about ketchup desu, childish.

I don't think I understand this thread. I like all kinds of liver including beef liver slow cooked in a tasty oil with caramelized onions (I think chicken livers are the least delicious) but it's perfectly reasonable that some other people might not even like foie gras as organ meat in general has certain textures different from muscle.

>Liver from young animals that lived good lives is delicious
>Liver from older animals and CAFO meats is among the most horrible organ meats around

this.

There's also the cooking factor. Overcooked liver takes on a horrible grainy texture; I'm sure that's the reason for many people thinking they hate liver.

>Or French press coffee for that matter.
???

My mum used to give me liver and tell me it was steak, so I grew up my entire life thinking that steak tasted like fucking garbage.

I'll never forgive her like that.

I'm with you OP, liver is absolutely fucking delicious. Don't understand why so many people hate it. 2bh I think hatred of liver is a meme, idiots just think they're supposed to.

I unironically drink dirt cheap store brand pre ground coffee made in a plastic french press black.

What are you going to do about it?

i think it tastes really good, but that weird, filmy feeling it puts on my mouth is awful.

I like liver. I wouldn't say it's better (or worse) than meat, but liver has better micros and is cheaper so I prefer it.

4/10 your not as good as you used to be, need to get more material than just flyover all the time

I love liver, especially sliced up with some onions on a sandwich.

if you cant taste why some people wouldnt like it you are a bigger idiot than the average ck poster

Chicken livers fried in butter with onions, or done as rumaki are delicious. I get some right from the butcher in the morning so they are super fresh. He sells them with the hearts still attached which is a super extra treat.

I don't think I've ever had just straight-up liver.. but I love all types of German liverwurst.. smooth, chunky.. ill eat that shit till I get sick from it.
There's a German deli near me that has a whole selection of them. I try not to buy it too often though.

THIS

Liver bioaccumulates heavy metals like lead, copper, and arsenic in addition to environmental toxins.

Even if you buy from le organic wholesome farm they're still exposed to all of the above from the grass they eat.

Enjoy your early death!

>best consistency/texture feel in the mouth of almost any meat product ever.
You anit had my cock in yo mouth yet so ya don't no shit faggot.

I like it, but I have to be in the mood for it

Like 40% of that is true and the rest is pure projection

Overcook liver and it takes the consistency of tires. Like how my mom used to cook it, damn

This was liver I braised in a brown sauce with bacon and onions for about an hour.

Low, long heat tenderizes the meat so that it's fork tender. Good if you don't know the age of the animal it came from.

This is the internal. It looks dried out, but it wasn't due to the low and slow cooking method.

This was my first time cooking it, although I ate it a lot as a kid.

I'll make it again, but I can't see this becoming a main dish in my repertoire.

Forgot pic...

I've already had overcooked noodles though.

>feel in the mouth
this makes me hate you
where else does texture matter for food? in your pocket?

I strongly dislike the smell, don't care much for the flavor and find it just feels like mushrooms.

Nah dude, people don't like it for a reason. I like the initial taste of the meat, but that bitter, acrid aftertaste hits me like a truck. I -really- wish I could get over that. Of course this is specifically beef liver I'm talking about, and aside from liverwurst or various goose patès I've never had anything else.

I'd be genuinely interested in knowing what liver is good to buy and any advice on preparation for it.

They probably overcook it.

Beef (adult) liver is extremely strong in flavor. Nobody that I know of eats that crap. You want calf liver, not beef liver. Chicken livers are also mild in flavor.

As for how to cook it? The basics would be:
cut the liver into slices about 1/3 inch (8mm) or so. Season both sides with salt and pepper, dredge in flour. Shake off the excess. Cook in a very hot skillet so the outside is brown and the inside is just a tiny bit pink. Careful not to overcook it!

chicken livers are awesome deep-fried, or stuck on a skewer and grilled.

>eating the piss factory of an animal
"Oh it's so delicious!"
>eating the heart of an animal
"Ewwww, gross"

>that ""meme""
Guess it explains this board actually.

I thought the piss factory of the body were the kidneys
And liver is more like the treatment facility that filters out all the junk in the body

I have actually never met someone who thinks like this. The fuck are you talking about?

Usually people either eat organs in general, or not at all. Heart is delicious, and so is liver.

Also, liver is not piss factory. It is pre-piss filter. Kidneys are piss factory.

too buttery
meat should never taste so buttery
my body tells me what the hell are you doing moron? dont eat that

Person you're replying is probably some faggot who can't stand his coffee having any grit/oil at all.

>I'm a real manly self-reliant man because I make real cowboy coffee like MUD RRAWWR it's bitter folgers from walmart like a REAL HE MAN we didn't need warning labels women hate nice guys feminism? more like femiNAZI, this political correctness is for the birds when I was a kid muh blue rare steak attack helicopters antibacterial soap you can't even say merry christmas anymore

>muh strawman

Just stop, you're embarassing only yourself.

1) Easy to fuck up.
- pork liver fuck up: it is bitter garbage 80% of the time, don't buy it
- chicken liver fuck up: has prominent ligaments hard to remove
- beef liver fuck up: overcooking
overall, teal liver > chicken liver > the rest
2) Flashbacks to cold war times beautiful aspic and liver mayo cake foods.

It's healthy and cheap. You'll see a liver fad and the x2 price markup during your lifetime.

Chicken hearts are tasty though

French Press leaves a lot more oil in, which is 100% the "point" to using it. A lot of beans have a much more pronounced flavour and body with that oil not being filtered out by the paper. If you brew Sumatran varietals with a filter you're frankly wasting the beans.