Im gona buy my mom a rice cooker today because she needs one

Im gona buy my mom a rice cooker today because she needs one.

I wanna get her a really nice one because she's basically the only one in her house who does anything especially cooks. Any advice on brands? I'd also like to know what store to go to. There's a Sears, JC penny, Walmart and other various department stores near me I can go to.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01DGQVWQK/ref=asc_df_B01DGQVWQK4916032/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01DGQVWQK&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151781903&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10652113536754344836&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005776&hvtargid=pla-274763983334
thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/
amazon.com/gp/product/B007WQ9YNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's not zojirushi don't bother

alright where can I get one locally?

amazon.com/dp/B01DGQVWQK/ref=asc_df_B01DGQVWQK4916032/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01DGQVWQK&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151781903&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10652113536754344836&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005776&hvtargid=pla-274763983334

This is the one I have, it's great. Cheap and super easy to use, makes great rice. You could get a zojirushi off Amazon, but they're a like $300+ and probably way fancier than you need.

I wana buy locally

I have an Aroma which has worked great for nearly 20 years now.

Fair enough, before the cucks come crashing in, you can honestly buy just about any rice cooker from your local kitchen store and have a decent rice cooker. They really all do the same thing. I'd go to your local store then read up on reviews on whatever rice cookers they have, buy one with good reviews and you're good to go m8

How the fuck exactly are we supposed to know what's local to you

Sears will probably have a good selection, I know Pennys had a decent rice cooker for sale a little while ago

White man pls stop giving rice advice
Zojirushi is the best option if you don't know what you're doing, get one that says "fuzzy logic" which is where diminishing returns kick in (you can get a perfectly fine fuzzy logic unit that makes rice 90% as good as the induction cookers, you only need induction if you make GABA rice and I can assure you, your mom does not know what that is)

There are other good rice cookers but there are basically no bad Zojis whereas many brands have both bad and good

A ton of Sears and JC Pennys' are supposedly closing their retail locations within the next year, so be aware of which might be having closing sales. Might save you a bundle.

>zojirushi
>$300
No, as I said, white people don't need a fucking made in japan induction model, the made in china micom models are far better than anything you'll randomly pick at piggly-wiggly

Just buy a fuzzy logic model for $100 and be done with it

Here come the cucks

Aroma is a good, widely-available brand.

Tiger is also a very good brand if you're looking for something more upscale. You'll likely to find these in your local asian supermarket.

You don't need fancy buttons or nothing just get a good 8 cup size that fits ur budget and it good 2 go. Everyhing else suggested are from weebs don't listen to them

Yeah sorry for coming from a position of experience on this matter, I'll defer to the white guy who learned about rice from watching anime, my bad...

Also pls avoid black&decker rice cookers they suck

look at this weeb faggot
>only the most expensive meme japanese brand is worthy of cooking your steamed rice

Assuming OP isn't eating 10 types of rice then Tiger and Cuckoo would do the job just fine

Yes yes more love for Tiger who here Tiger boys

Why do white people think Zojirushi only makes $400 20-cup cookers with gold plated dials?

My mom has one of those because it's a status symbol and she needs to buy the most expensive shit possible for some stupid reason, but the rice that comes out of my $100 fuzzy logic Zoji from J&R tastes exactly the same

Tiger is for hipsters who think it's "obscure" because they bought their rice cooker in Flushing (OMG so underground!)

Literally the Neutral Milk Hotel of rice cookers

What the heck is Flushing. Aroma or Tiger is literally 99% of the rice cookers we use here in Hawaii and im asian fyi fuck u u stupid millenial

Thanks for the useless opinion, go back to Tumblr and bitch about white people there

It's where white girls like you go to pretend to be sophisticated asiaboos and take selfies in front of the sea cucumbers

I find Black & Decker anything kitchen related to be of dubious quality. Their tools are okay, but not amazing.

I'm just giving a man suggestions for his rice here I don't have that big of a penis anyway lol what r u getting at. Aroma and Tiger are good brands OP gettem

I said it in the OP dumb ass

listen op if you're gonna buy a supermarket rice cooker or whatever the fuck you're better off making rice in a pot

there are only 3 brands of rice cooker, zojirushi, panasonic and tiger

If you want it for rice get a zoji, if you're gonna make cakes and use it as a slow cooker get a panasonic, if you want a cheap piece of shit get a tiger

i've settled on a Zoji thanks.

My mom is Korean, and eats rice with almost every meal. She got a used rice cooker from the salvation army or some place like that for $20. It's worked fine for years. You don't have to go overboard. It's not rocket science. She usually mixes black beans and mung beans with it, and everything comes out at the right texture.

The point is that if you're not getting a zoji then the results aren't going to be any better than just flinging your rice in a pan

In which case, why bother

>white people dont eat rice unless they're weebs
I know your just baiting but seriously, this is some weak shit. If you'd just put a little more effort into your shitposts this board would be a better place.

There's like a bunch of them starting at 10 bucks at every asian corner store, but I'd get a pricier one without aluminium interior.
Stainless steel is the way to go if you ask me

why would you need a rice cooker when you can boil it in a pot

limited stove space, ease of use, consistent non-fuckup-able quality

You're just retarded user

Steam rice in a pot then you cuck

thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/

However, consider getting an electric pressure cooker like the Instant Pot, they generally have a rice setting that turns out pretty good rice and are way more versatile.

They are certainly versatile, but their rice cooking results aren't as good as a Zoji or Tiger.

Or you can get a Cukoo pressure cooking rice cooker and have the best of both worlds (with smaller capacity)

I can't say I've ever tried one of those. How does the rice compare to a Micom Zoji?

...just checked the price...fuck, those are expensive. Even compared to a high-end Zoji.

I wouldn't know, but from reviews its supposed to be about as good for white rice and better for brown. Or was it vice-versa? I'm not re-looking up reviews for appliances I can't afford.

if you fuck up rice youre the retarded one my man

user was actually asking a pretty valid question, troglodyte.

i got my rice cooker from one of the Asian markets in my town. i figured if their selling it to their own people it must be somewhat decent. didn't cost a lot, had it for so many years now and make rice at least once a week.

its got 2 fucking settings Cook, and Keep Warm. it switches to keep warm when the rice is done. amazing rice every time.

I have 3 Asian markets within ~20 minute drive.

Zojirushi, Cuckoo, Tiger, etc are all available ranging from 3 cup up to 20 cup.

Why don't you use a pan and some water ?

Geez 20cup? Mine goes up to 5 and I think that's alot. Are those for restaurants?

That's not true. I have a Tiger 10 cup that's worked wonderfully for ages. However, I will say those are the only 2 brands I recommend for a reasonably priced rice cooker. Tiger and Zojirushi are very comparable in quality and performance.

You are fucking retarded. Tiger is 100% as well known and popular as Zojirushi. Maybe if you weren't an east coast yankee redneck, you'd know that.

Regardless of what brand, make sure it PRESSURE LOCKS
Holy shit glass top rice cookers are such messy shitty garbage

Is it made in Japan?

Yes, it is.

amazon.com/gp/product/B007WQ9YNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i use this bad boy. satisfied. bouillon cubes won't work. use stock. infuses herbs and spices nicely. i haven't made bad rice yet, and i tried.

he was trying to bait you into calling him an autistic weeb

Rice cookers are for cucks and beta slant eye herbivores
Buy an aluminum pot

t. Alzheimers sufferer

Tiger and Cuckoo are fine, too.
I had to settle for a Panasonic but it's also fine.

>she's the only one in the house
in that case don't make the mistake of getting one that's too large, or she'll never use it, and you want one that can also function as a steamer and whatever else they can think to make a rice cooker do and she'll be more likely to use it or at least leave it on the counter instead of putting it away and forgetting about it