Just made my first ever grilled cheese sandwich, how did I do ck?

Just made my first ever grilled cheese sandwich, how did I do ck?

Also im looking for general tips, like how to get the bread crispier, like toast, and less "soggy", should you use butter or oil? etc

Looks like you've got more than cheese in there.

Added two pieces of extra spicy, thin cut chorizo

It actually looks fine. I use butter on the outsides only, and if you're looking to get it crispier don't use too much fat. I recommend cooking it about medium heat, avoid using the lid if you're worried about it getting soggy, use the lid and turn down the heat if you want to get the cheese to melt but not cook it as quickly if the bread is done on the edge of the pan.

Stupid cunt

>how to get the bread crispier, like toast, and less "soggy"
but it looks just fine from the picture

purist pls
>being technically correct - which we all know is the best and most infuriating kind of correct

Then it's a grilled chorizo sandwich with cheese

Not bad, but also not grilled cheese. You made a chorizo melt.

Without seeing the inside, I can't judge how well the cheese is melted. I would say as well that once you add meat, it ceases to be a grilled cheese and becomes a melt.

I use butter, the whole "is mayonnaise to grease it up" thing is just epicurious memery.

Also please tell me you used American cheese. It's a requirement for grilled cheese.

then it isn't grilled cheese

get the fuck out of here

>It's a requirement for grilled cheese
Fuck off you plastic cheese shitter faggot.
I'll get Wonder bread and a stack of Kraft singles once a year for a ghetto grilled cheese extravaganza but if you don't think Muenster, Havarti, or a Jack don't make for damn fine grilled cheese then you need to get your fucking head out of your ass.

Agreed. I just use old cheddar but you could easily do a combination of cheeses too.

>
>Not bad, but also not grilled cheese.
>Also please tell me you used American cheese. It's a requirement for grilled cheese.

PICK A SIDE user IS IT OR ISNT IT GRILLED CHEESE

>American cheese is kraft singles

You wanna know how I know you're a pleb?

What's up "that's a melt' guy, it's a hell of a lot of work telling everyone the history and terminology associated with cheese on bread, isn't it?

You can get some sleep now, I'll take over.

HEY OP IT'S A FUCKING MELT A MELT, NOT A GRILLED CHEESE A MELT
ARE YOU RETARDED IT'S A MELT
NOT A GRILLED CHEESE NEVER WAS

You should read this book on the history of grilled cheese sandwiches I have, let me go find it and put on my grilled cheese costume and make a REAL grilled cheese so you can see how you're unjustified in calling that a grilled cheese.

Sleep tight, it's a melt guy. Grilled cheese guy is here to save you.

I think it's at the dry cleaners right now.
Oh well, I can still proclaim the cheesy gospel even without my grilled cheese costume.

THAT'S A MELT, OP, A FUCKING MELT ARE YOU DAFT GET REAL, REAL GRILLED CHEESE ISN'T GRILLED CHEESE ANY MORE WHEN YOU ADD STUFF
WHY WOULD YOU DESTROY A PERFECTLY GOOD GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH OP WHAT THE FUCK
THAT'S A MELT

This board has so many autistic homeless people hopping on public wifi from their McShits or something I'm not surprised they're wasting their unemployed lives shitting about proper grilled cheese terminology on an anonymous basket weaving forum.

Looks like very tasty grilled sandwich. Congraz.

Looks great. A lot of people fuck up the temp on their first try. If you found I too soggy I suggest simply turning up the heat (to the highest setting) for a bit before flipping. Your first few times you should periodically check the bottom to make sure is isn't on the verge of burning. By periodically I mean every 20 seconds after turning up the heat.

Also, fuck these assholes. If melted cheese is the main attraction than its a grilled cheese sandwich.

Nice browning

Did you use butter? Mayo?

Not bad OP. What brand did you buy? I usually pick up a box of these at Walmart.

Someone post the WebM

Yes, that WebM.

I want to slap whoever buys these

I want to see the people who actually buy this. I want to know what these defective people look like. I want to study everything about them. It's just hard to comprehend that this product actually exists, like it's so fucking hard to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

And they're right fucking next to the cheese and bread in the store.

Like 10 feet away.

$3 is pretty steep for two white trash grilled cheeses. I want to know who in fuck would pay $8

>cut into rectangles instead of triangles

people like this need to be gassed