Alternatives to Veeky Forums?

I've come to figure out that about 60% of posts on Veeky Forums are shitposting and memeposting and garbage. (Including this post). Almost nobody actually reads, and there is very little serious discussion about books. I originally liked it here because I was turned onto some good books, but the ratio of shitposting is just too high. Either the amount of shitposters has increased, or I'm just getting too old for this shit.

Is there a literature forum somewhere where the ratio of shitposting is like.. 20% or less?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
>he thinks foucalt

I think you should try reddit :^)

Lol if you think what's going on here is in some way 'superior' to reddit, then you are delusional.

Honestly no OP, if there was then either there was a great move to it or there wasn't, you probably would have heard of it on here either way.

If there's one bright-side it's how fast newcomers get pushed away from this board unless they're willing to actively integrate, until then just go and read some fucking books

>he wants to drop out of the completion of german idealism

60%.

you know i much prefer reddit for almost anything (r/games compared to fucking /v/...............) but for some reason the reddit literature community seems rather lacking. both r books and r literature i think its called? dont really have anything that helps me find new reading material. on here i actually can, although it takes a little bit of work.

Have you tried having friends?

honestly this place has been a kick in the pants to read moar

What's wrong, newfag can't handle the bantz?

Friends != literature discussion board

Get better friends

Hahaha

Most of the charts in the sticky haven't been updated in years. Reddit literature discusses almost the exact same mix of American pomo memes and classics that are popular on Veeky Forums. People on Veeky Forums seem actively hostile to authors they don't recognize, they'll respond by asking "literally who?" and imply that if they haven't heard of someone he must be unimportant. This board is such an echo chamber sometimes, it's gross.

I want you fags to make a new year's resolution not to read so many memes e.g. DFW, Pynchon, Gaddis/Gass/Hawkes/Mcelroy.

the something awful forum occasionally gets into worthwhile discussion, but it moves much slower than here. your best bet is to read more criticism, op. find good lit critics who link authors and genres across time. you'll have more to read with thoughtful analysis.

Theres a couple groups on facebook that have decent discussions every so iften but unfortunately they are about 30% pleb

The alternative is to spend more time reading books and surrounding yourself with smarter people in real life who you can discuss literature with.

they arent actively hostile towards authors they dont recognize, they are actively hostile to pretty much everything desu

IRC

>reading books
Stopped reading there. Maybe you should be updating your patreon subscription to your favorite booktuber you fucking nerd.

Readers don't post so much. So expect to wade through a lot of shitposting before finding a decent comment

I have a Patrician-exclusive G+ group.

We test every candidate. The last couldn't even read latin: out.

agreed. between finals and reading and friends, its been about a week since i posted anything. really i contribute the most to Veeky Forums on car trips because reading in a car makes me motion sick af.

even though you really gotta wade through the shit, its always nice to see a well-balaced, well-read poster.

>Is there a literature forum somewhere where the ratio of shitposting is like.. 20% or less?
The shitposting is due to anonymity, but on non-anonymous boards you will have to deal with individual dramas.

I am a newfag who started with Veeky Forums. Before Veeky Forums I was on a historical forum. And there you had to deal with know-it-alls, at least here you get judged for individual posts instead of your whole board persona.

I think other boards are even worse echochambers, just more serious.

60%? You're generous. I'd put it at over 90%, especially if you ignore the fucking philosophy crap. Of the 151 threads I'm currently seeing in the catalog, there's basically nothing about literature except in the stupidest way ("Will I like that?" "Is that canon?" "Is this worth reading?")

>pick up another chan
say nextchan or endchan
>make Veeky Forums
>moderate it as you fucking want to
>shill the board here to get more activity
>be banned from Veeky Forums
>watch your site fail
>browse Veeky Forums with vpn because the system is stupid
>wade through cancer
>find the eventual nice thread
>cling onto hopeful happiness
>watch others attempt what you did with melancholic nostalgia
;')
>be banned from Veeky Forums
>

>too old for this shit
You offer all you can to the threads and be generous with your posts and you'll be surprised what you'll get out of the board. Sure, everyones not as serious as you and me, but that's what things like chatrooms and writer's groups are for.
Grow up mentally and make real friends, or wade into the shit with me friendo

Badliterature is what you're looking for