It tasted like SHIT. scarlett johansson is fucking retarded

it tasted like SHIT. scarlett johansson is fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I made this the other day, it was good

i think what ruined mine was the lemon juice.

I like to add sauteed shrimp to mine and grate some parm over top

I make this all the time with double the hot pepper and add mushrooms and sliced cherry tomatoes. Damn good stuff

This is great pasta, the problem is probably the hand behind it

Don't be a dick. I made it EXACTLY like the videos on YouTube. Maybe the videos were the problem. or maybe i can't enjoy any pasta without the tomato sauce

repulsive, eat something else
cooked yourself? probably did massive mistakes, certain if you are a stupid burger

link? im good on this recipe, can tell you what is right and what is bs

youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw
maybe i fucked it up or simply didn't like it. because i forced other people to taste it and they told me it's good

pilot error

that's probably edible, but for sure not perfect.
try like this, if doesnt work you just dont like it:
salted water to boil ready
i leave garlic cloves unchopped since i dont like it all that much: put it on gentle fire with way way less oil than that, just keep pan inclinated so all oil gathers in a corner and fry it but dont let it get brown as in that video, add hot pepper.
while this happen, spaghetti into the water.
when garlic is at the right point throw in the chopped parsley, then take a couple ladles of water from the pasta and throw it into the garlic oil pepper parsley mix (parsley drops the temperature, so adding water wont make it explode) then JUST 3-4 drops of lemon.
when spaghetti are around 80% of cooking time, take them out and throw in pan, add more water if necessary until cooked.
you need to create an emulsion with oil and water, around 30% oil and 70% water, just oil makes it way too greasy imho. when you get to the right point salsa with get thicker, and stick to pasta.
couple jumps in the pan to lower and temperature and wa la
can maybe find a video but would be in italian

Okay, I'll try this one. Fuck Andrew Rea.

I'm still 100% convinced that pasta without tomato sauce is not true pasta.

What about pesto and cacio e pepe? Those are amazing

aglio olio e peperoncino is the cheapest and easiest pasta ever

>pour some oil in a pan
>add some garlic cloves
>add some chopped peppers
>fry gently
>put cooked pasta in the pan
>throw some chopped parsley on top

DO NOT burn garlic
DO NOT add water, lemon, or any other stuff
DO NOT cook parsley, add it at the end

pasta already existed in ancient rome
tomato was imported in europe in the 16th century

Pasta water and lemon is good in this ya roody poo

doesnt know what he's talking about
can be, taste is personal after all

i am italian, you don't know what you're talking about
there is only one way to make aglio olio e peperoncino, and it's this one:

im italian too and you are un povero ritardato that non sa what sta dicendo

I am also italian and gabagool

>he fucked up pasta and cheese

i also identify as an italianfluid non binary cooking pot

I literally made this yesterday, from this exact video.
Was really good, except a bit too much parsley (kept getting stuck in my teeth), needed a touch more flakes, and I used an entire lemon instead of half because it was very small.

I think you're just shitty at cooking, because this is literally the first time I've ever made something that required more than one burner in use and it was still great, albeit overly lemony

what and why
the ingredients to this recipe are listed in its very own name: spaghetti, garlic and oil

>wah i tried to follow a youtube video and it didnt come out perfect it's their fault theirs not mine i'm a perfect chef they screwed up the recipe wah!

Hi Andrew!

>scarlett johansson is fucking retarded.

Shut your whore mouth cunt!
She is perfect

Gosh that's a lot of oil.
Gonna try to make this when I get home. Will post results.

I'd use more like 1/3rd cup rather than 1/2 and mix back in about 1/3rd cup of the pasta water back in, and also go easier on the parsley.

quella puttana di tua madre non sa cosa sta dicendo

>aglio e olio
>cheese

OP is a dumb fag, but you're no better.

This is a really good simple dish- how can any of these things combine to taste like shit? In sum, you probably suck.

The only way you can fuck up pasta agliio e olio is to overcook the pasta or garlic, or add in ingredients that don't belong. As long as you keep an eye on the garlic and follow the instructions for your pasta, you literally can't fuck it up.

>pasta and cheese
Sounds like you fucked up m8

...you mad sandnigger?

did you use cheap pasta?

Okie dok el hadji alpha romeo faggito

>Olive oil
Will extra virgin olive oil work?

>adding water
>adding lemon

No.

Just....no.

Don't over-complicate this dish, people.

Warm oil. Add garlic and pepper to infuse oil and lightly brown the garlic, and only use enough oil to lightly coat your pasta. Add cooked, and strained pasta, throw on some parsley, and mix to lightly coat the pasta in the garlic and pepper infused oil. Season as needed. Serve.

OH GOD SCARJO STEP ON MY BALLS

There's a lot of Italian pasta dishes that simply use a little olive oil to coat the pasta with something else, like a veggie, or a little spice.

The tomato sauce / pasta combo is largely an American thing.

pure oil as a sauce doesn't sound very appealing. i like the taste of olives but the greasy feeling of the oil is just awful.

Some of the steam and water clinging to the pasta will mix and emulsify the oil and make it "creamy." It's pretty good actually, especially if you get the oil smelling and tasting great with the garlic and herbs. It can actually be a pretty light dish if you don't go full retard on the amount of oil like cheffo earlier.

Here we go boys

does he browse here
his voice is sexy af

This dish works really well with garlic confit instead of raw garlic. I do a smoked salmon aglio e olio with crisp capers, arugula, and lemon zest gremolatta for a feature every couple months and it sells like crazy.
I caught the one super Italian server grunting like an animal and slurping it up while hunched over the garbage can by the dishwasher. He literally had a tear streaming down is cheek. All he could manage was, "so good"

probably a cheap ass soft wheat low protein pasta
tip: if you pasta tastes like ass boiled without any additives besides salt, it's a bad pasta.
tip: if you physically can't boil it el dente, and it's either raw or shoestrings, it's a bad pasta from shitty "they don't know the difference to bath it in cheese anyway" floor.

Water in pan. Nicely salted.

Literally had that today.
Was pretty good considering the ease of making it and the cost.

Chop some parsley

OLIVE OIL. IN.
GARLIC. IN.

>pasta water in pasta dish
>over-complicating
The fuck you on about m8?
Any good pasta sauce has some pasta water in it.

Water has come to a boil.
PASTA. IN.

>sliced
>not minced
WAKE ME UP

Did you watch the video? Dude clearly sliced them.

CHILI PEPPER FLAKES. IN.

And WA LA!

Didn't have time to take any more pics. This shit is easy as fuck to make and takes no time at all.
Overall not bad. Probably could have added some more salt.

Season with salt and pepper at the end if needed.

I did. Just not enough I don't think. Or maybe it could use some butter idk. It seemed to be missing something.

Olive oil isn't a "sauce", and that's all you're using in this type of dish. You're simply infusing the oil before you apply it to the pasta, but you're not making a "sauce".

Sauces are just emulsions of fats and water, guy.

The reason to add pasta water to the infused oils is to do a few things:
1. Add predissolved salt and starches to improve mouthfeel.
2. Thin the oil mixture to make the pasta much less heavy, slick tasting
3. STOP THE GARLIC FROM FRYING. This allows the paper-thin garlic to stop browning and soften. This also cuts the acrid garlic flavor (probably due to stopping the mallard reaction)

All of this is critical to this dish. I used to make this dish without pasta water and it was just bachelor chow. You at least need enough water in the sauce to be able to cook 80% done pasta to 100% without it sticking to the pan.

Also i axe the lemon and add fresh parmesan cheese.

I don't agree.

This dish should require absolutely zero pasta water.

To each their own, regardless.

who the hell would put sliced garlic in spaghetti, minced garlic clearly works better

[spoiler]who the fuck would slice garlic as a key ingredient period[/spoiler]

Are you bozos making your own noodles or at least buying fresh? Dry, store bought noodles are trash.

this thread is depressing

You went really light on the flakes and parsley, imo

Tell us more about this

I made this once and it was shit. It barely has any flavor. I might triple the garlic if I ever do it again and just douse it with Parmesan.

I... don't know what else to say.

>I'm retarded so she can fuck me!

..wait

Yeah, It's really terrible.

MOMMY MOMMY user WANT MILKY

No, you are simply retarded no each his own shit
Use that water you greaseball

Parmesan on this is rape for my eyes but you are correct about the water

My sideroncinos are fried

aglio olio e peperoncino is the poorest pasta you can make, don't expect too much from it

extra virgin is even better

this is pretty much correct

>ground dried peppers
use fresh peppers or at least whole dried peppers
>capellini
capellini and thinner pasta is for soups, for aglio e olio use spaghetti or bucatini
>lemon and pepper
don't do this, it's either aglio olio e limone or aglio olio e peperoncino
>sliced garlic
use whole unpeeled cloves and remove them before putting pasta in the pan

pepper (piper, not capsicum of course) doesn't belong to this recipe

if you drain the pasta correctly you won't need to add any water
you are right about axing the lemon, but you should axe parmesan too
if you want cheese on this, try pecorino

whole garlic works even better

dry spaghetti are ok, they are not egg pasta

parsley is more than enough
don't add too much parsley to this recipe or it will taste like shit
without parsley it's even better

eye-talian autism at its finest

What are you talking about? It sounds like excellent advice. I for one appreciate having a wop state how it really should be done.

if you dont know how to use pasta water for your sauces you just better end yourself

yes im talking to you
doubt he's italian and if he is most likely romanian professional baiter

>aglio e olio
>sauces

this is not carbonara, just don't let your pasta dry completely when you drain it and you're fine

no, i'm not a gypsy

I want to fucking kill you

Looks good to me user

are you that chicagofag who always posts the gummy bears with your meals?

turkey club is my favorite sammich