How do I cope with the fact that my grades are too horrible to ever become a worth anything?

How do I cope with the fact that my grades are too horrible to ever become a worth anything?

go to a trade school

Study Medicine.
300k starting any job(in the field) you want.

Have a good sex life.

He said his grades are horrible.

I'm a manlet

What's horrible? You can still get into alright schools with a 3.8 gpa. Just make sure your CV is padded with research / volunteerwork / outreach.

If you live in America there's still the pressure of debt which makes you weary of entering

There's also the fact that easy-to-enroll into colleges tend to be somewhat criminally dangerous as well as having extremely immature and destructive culture

Why are you talking to me like I'm not American? I live in the U.S.

>There's also the fact that easy-to-enroll into colleges tend to be somewhat criminally dangerous as well as having extremely immature and destructive culture

What are you going on about? If OP's at a disgustingly low 3.8 for an accredited institution, he can still pad his CV with other things. It's a hard road, but as long as he stays above 3.8, he should be fine. Anything lower and he should just spare himself the effort and drop out.

Nobody cares about your grades, just get the fucking paper and start learning to work.

Go back to collegeboard or whatever void from whence you came, cretin.

>Nobody cares about your grades
How do you know this?

Because I was in the job market. Do you think someone is interested what grade you had in calculus II? No. All they wanna know is what kind of practical things you learned (if any), whether you did any projects and if you're willing to learn and improve yourself. The fucking paper that college dishes you out after five years is an insurance of intelligence that you'll be able to learn the job.

This. I don't know what type of fucking bait the other people in this thread are dishing out. If you choose a degree that applies to an in-demand job within the STEM field, then most of the time they'll care more about your projects, what you know, and your internship, than the GPA you hold. I'm sure some jobs care for obvious reasons, like if you desire to be an engineer at SpaceX, but the 3.8 GPA crap is stupid. And if you're so worried about your GPA, then just study CS. It's made for brainlets, and many of the people who'd hire you only care about what you know. They'll test you with the people with a GPA>3.8

nobody said anything about consensual sex

He is a manlet bro, the chick would kick his ass easily

It's true. Especially for STEM. If you want decent placement then you're GPA should never even really dip below a 4.0 and you should have research and more behind your name. Go chat with STEM with 3.5 or below. Apart from very rare outliers with connections, most go nowhere with careers non-related to their career or ones that underpay.

There's no excuse to have a low 3.5- GPA at the uni. It says a lot about your work ethic and diligence.

>All they wanna know is what kind of practical things you learned (if any), whether you did any projects and if you're willing to learn and improve yourself.

For a decent company, they'll see hundreds of applicants for one job. How exactly do you think they'll choose from the list? There are many variables that supercede GPA such as connections, work experience, or university prestige. However, GPA will play into it at some point. It's just another metric.

Discover you have intrinsic worth.

Maybe in America.

Anecdotal evidence of course, but I believe its simply impossible to get 4.0 GPA in STEM in Europe. Education just doesn't work this way here.

All the best research is probably in the USA though. At least, the best paid one.

This. Did my undergrad in Australia and only a few of the best students managed to get a perfect 4.0 GPA in STEM. Most of us were around 70-80% with distinctions and that was considered normal. I heard it's similar in Europe as well. Do unis in USA take this difference into account when applying? Because I'm planning to apply for grad school over in the US.

Depends on your school, what extracurriculars you did, and whether or not you contacted a professor at the grad school in question. I'm sure special considerations can be made if you convince a professor that you'll rock it before you even apply.

Listen, butthurt people with 3.5-. Your GPA does not matter if you can show other things (research/outreach/projects). However, consider why you have that GPA in the first place. People with 3.5- won't usually be the type to do things related to their major, but outside the classroom. The GPA is telling of what kind of person you are. What kind of person do you imagine to do good things in their field?... someone with a 2.7 or a 3.9? Those numbers are not absolute but they tell a story that some of you just can't chew.

If you're 3.5- get the fuck out of the field cause you obviously don't care for it, or start working your ass off with extracurriculars.

>3.8 gpa

Try lower.

id had pretty mediocre grades in college, still make $120k/yr

if ur grades were bad because u were lazy and not because u are stupid, you can turn it around

The OP said "worth-anything" and you're humble bragging about an upper-middle class salary. Do you realize you're on Veeky Forums? Worth here is a hell of a lot different than a nuclear family suburb life.

How low exactly are we talking about here?

sell something

I would think the highest IQs are at mid-range GPAs. People with high GPAs are mindless obedient drones with "good work ethic," which is really just a peaceful (empty) mind.

Veeky Forums isn't your blog, kill yourself

>Diary of a brainlet

Only in high school, where anyone who isn't a literal retard can get an A.

i have a 4.0 in my grad courses, and by the time i got to grad school i got so lazy that i'd only study about 3 hours the day before exams.

>what is "worth"

nice try schizo

t. Psychology Grad Student

Haha, schizo? What an odd put down. Nobody is buying your fluffed up numbers, gramps.

Im aware this is le ebin 30000k starting meme, but starting salaries in medicine (as a resident) usually are absolute shit

mechanical engineering, but at this point it's debatable whether psychology wouldn't have been a better choice. at least i would be surrounded by women, and job prospects aren't exactly looking too swell either.

Yeah... isn't mech e the bottom of the engineering intellect barrel? Maybe only getting dethroned by civil. I remember taking ODEs with a class full of mech e guys. Fucking idiots, the lot of you. The fact that you're getting good grades from a grad mech e program on cements how much of a joke your field is.

By taking the bogpill

You don't need core muscles to point a gun