What does this board think of Trump rethorical skills?

What does this board think of Trump rethorical skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DOlKmDRMUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's a master persuader

Clinton managed to snare him in some of the most obvious rhetorical traps during those debates and during the campaign. It's a testament to how much people hate her fucking guts that he was able to win.

Repetition is underrated as a memetic device. Snarky libs call him dumb for speaking that way but it works.

That is why he has won and why we will support a surge of right wing nationalism in Europe and the EU will fall and The UK, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Luxembourg and Finland will be great again and Germany and Blegium will be balkanised so they can't ruin Europe anymore and all the shithole countries will go back to being their own shitholes.

MEGA

Ein Volk ein..

I find interesting how make america great again was such a masterpiece of memetics.

I have even seen it repeated in some Franco celebration in the news.

Some of his lines are just so fucking genius in terms of marketing.

He's an American Churchhill and he did something I used to tell people on Veeky Forums often. Use short Anglo Saxon words. They are packed with meaning. Look up the definition of Latin and Greek words and there are defined in rugged Anglo words that make sense on an intuitive level (for a native speaker). Vagina becomes sheath, absorb is to take in/up. When Anglos use Latin words they are hiding the rugged, vulgar Anglo Saxon words that people really understand. This is why everything Trump says is memetic.

It can be really interesting to write with this in mind.

Imagine if Trump said let's "ameliorate America!"

Master of using twitter to the point where he got all the publicity he could ever want without spending a dime. Only candidate who understood how social media works.

a lot of P&V translation of the brothers karamazov seems like it's being said by trump

>He soon reached the house of Madame Khokhalakov, a stone house, privately owned, two-storied, beautiful, one of the best houses in our town.

He is an expert bullshitter, as he never detailed his plans to "Make America Great Again", but won the election solely by saying three things ad nauseam.

1. Muh emails

2. Dey took ar jerbs!

3. I'm not a politician, so you can totally trust me!

>bullshitter
way to name good at rethoric.

Pure sophistry

>he doesn't think the art of oratory and public speaking is a noble art

Trump: "America sucks. Everyone's poor, let's fix this."

Hillary: "My opponent is a racist sexist!"

All I'm saying is that his rethoric was good enough to win over a few million dumbfuck middle Americans.

Take that as you may.

>he thinks the goal of a politician isn't to win an election
any other candidate would have crumble against the oposition trump faced.

the media, celebrities, minorities, women, feminists, SJW, hollywood, republicans, democrats, everyone hated him.

Yet he won.

This is true, but let's not give Donald more credit than he deserves. Donald is not a masterful media manipulator or marketer par excellence, rather he is an overwhelmingly narcissistic manchild who needs media attention like we need oxygen. Thus it wasn't rhetoric or platform that got Donald where he is, it was the historical oddity that the republican party had 15 people running in the primary and one of them would suck bill clinton's dick if it meant he got another two news cycles.

On rhetoric specifically, Trump's clowning is not good and it only shows what a fallen and distracted age we live in when we don't even ask him for a coherent foreign policy, and hell, we'll even look past direct contradictions so long as the appear in separate clauses. Go back and watch the debates, he gets curb stomped in every one--even more so if you demand that he follow even first order logic.

He does crave rapturous and adoring audiences so he is a master of the empty applause line. Watching him govern would be hilarious if we didn't have to live with the consequences.

Oh believe me, Hillary was the fucking worst. Trump at least had a seemingly sound arguement, Hillary made nothing but the most god-awful appeals to emotion I've seen from a politician in recent years.

man, he was a damn beast in terms of being a public speaker in the debates.

he had some masterpieces there.
look up his corporal language, how he made his oponents seem as weak.

many things he did right.

>Watching him govern would be hilarious if we didn't have to live with the consequences.
Stability in the Middle East and less American meddling in general wouldn't be so bad.

are we watching the same shit bro?
some of these are pretty good.

>but muh logic, muh policy
there was a video about a news reporter asking if they agree about Hillary campaing while giving trump arguments and most people though they were good ideas.

people are retarded and rallying a political campaign over arguments and logic will make you lose it, like all trump oponents tried it.

democracy = populism.

I think Trump's speaking style was much better than Clinton's because he sounds like a human being and not a machine but a super cut of chosen lines from multiple debates does not mean he was a good debater. I listened to the presidential debates and he said some very stupid things in an attempt to sound witty and many fell flat.

One in particular was when Clinton accused him of firing many people and he responded with "That's business".

people don't remember the ones that fail, but we usually remember the few ones that hit gold.

is called survival bias.

political debates aren't won by logic and arguments.

The media created Trump because they wanted him. You don't become the president of America unless you have deep connections to people like Bill Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein and the support of elements within the military-industrial complex and capital. Trump wasn't really hated otherwise he wouldn't be president, you got to separate the superficial theatrics from what's really going on behind the scenes you can't see.

Sophistry is alpha, philosophy is for beta faggots

Not joking, philosophy single-handedly destroyed Greece.

lol

How the hell is that going to happen. Trump is all about being super tough on them.

There's not a single faction on people in power.
Trump was usually favored by the factions that wanted to take down the so called cabal and anti clinton factions.

Learn your conspiracy shit bro.

>ISIS is the whole middle east

Michael Flynn has been Trump's military surrogate and he is in favor of escalating war in the middle east. The reports coming from think tanks and advisers that support Trump is that Russian reconciliation is unlikely, the Iran deal will be threatened, and that more direct intervention in the Middle East is likely.

He wants to keep Muslims out of the US, not fight in the Middle East.

Trump is quite against intervention.

Kay, come talk to me again in four years.

Trump was simultaneously the isolationist and belligerent candidate of my life time, which seems contradictory so we'll just have to wait for some foreign leader to insult him to find out.

He sounds like an absolute retard, the perfect person to attract great swaths of voters

He pinched it from Ronny Reagan, didn't he?

He has a very nice NY voice. He sounds alot more like a normal person then other politicians.

you do realize the repercussions of pulling out of what we have already gotten into in the middle east. Trump is the most anti-war candidate i have seen come out of the "republican party" in my life time. Id rather escalate in the middle east, get it over with, then pull out and wash our hands from the situation. obviously it will flare back up but i dont see trump repeating the same mistakes of his predecessors and re-entering the conflict. And i think he will avoid stopping on Russia's toes. that alone is a good step in the direction of reconciliation. I wouldn't put too much stock in these "think tanks" that have already gotten so much wrong this past year.

I would honestly be floored if the man wasn't suffering some autism spectrum disorder.
It's been really overanalyzed, as some anons itt have pointed out already, Clinton was very hated from the beginning and it was so mismanaged by her campaign as to make you think they were actually trying to make it worse.

Genius, but probably unintentionally. His piss poor rhetorical ability (by conventional standards) is actually what makes him so good.

He's a cunning linguist and a master debater

[muffled snickering]

legit keked

Rhetorics isn't what it used to be. All the great rhetoricians of ancient Athens would completely flop today.
The Nazis thoroughly btfo'd the Greeks on that matter. And it's no different today.
Go read Pericles' funeral speech as presented by Thucydides and compare it to Michelle Obama's or that black guy that will probably run for president when Clinton throws in the towel's speech from the democratic convention this year. I'm not an American but even in my country people were praising them as the best speeches they've heard.

Trump is a buffoon but exactly the right buffoon for our time.

Go back to r*ddit please