You can make it spicy by adding jalapeño pepper!

>You can make it spicy by adding jalapeño pepper!

Recipe discarded.

jalapeños are great

ur dum

But they're not at all hot.
Every recipe I've seen that said that was bland as fuck.

Jalapenos are interesting. Sometimes they have very little heat, others are nuclear.

>You can make it spicy by adding hot sauce
Recipe discarded

that is true
red ones are hotter, but they're still nowhere neara a cayenne or habanero

I've been thinking of growing some hot peppers btw, I have seeds from chocolate habeneros and jalapenos.
which ones are the patrician choice?

>every recipe was bland

That's because you don't know how to taste and season your food. You've only yourself to blame.

They vary in heat a great deal like mentioned. It could very well be that you've only gotten mild ones.

Is it jalapeñis in plural?

Do the chocolate habaneros

Nah I eat jalapeños pretty often they're never more than very slightly hot. Serrano is a better base pepper, but habaneros have a nice amount of heat if you want to spice it up.

To add to this, for no hot peppers poblanos and anaheims have better flavor than jalapeños too.

I stopped using fresh "hot" peppers. Now I stick to crushed, dried chili flakes. Anyone who has a problem with this is a faggot.

try to get the ones looking closest to this

>used to love 'spicy'
>had to take meds for most of my life
>stomach fucked, ulcers etc
>even bell pepper now gives me acid reflux
>think I won't be able to eat spicy anymore
>try some jalapeno pretzels anyway
>no stomach pain
Still, I found them pretty hot, but I'm practically a clean slate since I avoided any and all peppers for so long. I just started growing some peppers, and even the 'mild' ones apparently are 10x as hot as jalapenos. I wonder how it'll go.

Pleb.

Mild chilis are great for flavour. I usually use a mix of different kind of dried and fresh mild to moderate chilis for flavour depending on the dish, then I use bone dry birds eye chilis which I crumble for raw heat. I find this easier than trusting the flavour/heat ratio of a particular chili.

habaneros are nice because they have both a lot of flavour and a lot of heat
really nice in a stew or on some jerk chicken

Look man, freshly chopped (as in YOU chop that shit) jalapenos that give you jalapeno hands is pretty fucking intense. That cooked shit ain't SHIT

>Nah I eat jalapeños pretty often they're never more than very slightly hot.
so you're a faggot complaining about recipes for people who don't do this

I when I want more heat I just add red pepper flakes. It usually works out well, you can easily control the level of spiciness you want.