I know more about about Mexican food than 99.9% of the people who post here...

I know more about about Mexican food than 99.9% of the people who post here. I laugh at posts at what they consider fake/authentic/hipster. Any threads involving Mexican food that is not made by other than me should be deleted. There should only be 1 thread relating to Mexican food and this is gonna be it. Post away, fuckers

Explain queso to me.

Bitch, I'm whiter than a grain of rice in a glass of milk, but even I know how to make Pescado Zarandeado. It doesn't take much to learn cooking of other cultures, as you mexicans have proven by working in kitchens all over the US.

How do you make a taco, Paco?

Melted cheese with chiles and onions basically. Some people put salsa in it, some people put chorizo in it, some people put shrimp in it. Real chile con queso is served with tortillas, not chips, and is made with mainly asadero cheese (although some people also add oaxacan or queso quesadilla cheese)

epic thread ftw

Find a Tortilla
add your personal filling
???
profit

Its not whether you know whether you know how to make certain Mexican dish is its whether you know what something is Mexican or not. I know some Mexicans who lived in Mexico all their life and see a Mexican dish which is unfamiliar to them/their region and they call it out for not being Mexican. This happens far too much and it happens on here as well.

wat? no queso is simply cheese. If he wanted you to explain queso fundido then he should have said so. seeing how he didn't you shouldn't assume what he is talking about.

Queso just spanish for Cheese. There are many varieties of cheese/dairy products in Mexico due to the Dutch/French/Lesbanese/Italian/Baja culture over here

Wooo, Mexican food thread!

I'm glad you're here to bump my thread

So, whats your favorite "cool" water?

oooh i bet you get all the puss
you myst be in one of those big boy grades like 8th or 9th

blackberry or sour sop. Horchata on a good day

I like cool arrow.

>blackberry or sour sop.
I have never drank that one, i thought that berries were uncommon in mexico, yet the sour sop water is really god tier.

Sorry, i just don't know how to translate "Aguas frescas"

For me it's tamarindo.

Can i have a quick rundown on aguas frescas? I've only heard of them from el chavo

Basically anything juicy and sweet that you can combine with water, the most popular are Jamaica, horchata and tamarind.

>Jamaica (boiled jamaica flower + sugar and water)
>Horchata (mixted rice flour + cinnamon)
>Tamarindo (boiled tamarind + sugar and water
>green lemon (with chia seed), (with cucumber), (with pineapple)
>Maracuya (passion fruit?)
>Mango
>Tuna water (the fruit of the nopal, not the fish) pic related
>etc.

It's obvious he meant chile con queso/queso fundido. Unless he's a raging moron, because anyone with a lick of sense would google "queso" if they didn't know what the word meant.

I can't handle that fermented drink Jalisco. Its too much for me

Do I have to put lime on it?

When are you coming to mow my lawn Jose?

you are supposed to drink the whole thing in one day, except Jamaica.

When your esposa gets home.

>about about
>i know more
>mexican food than 99.9%
Prove it
Share your recipe for the al pastor marinade

it better be legit

I feel like you've been working in a mexican kitchen somewhere in the south for about three months now and have developed some kind of superiority complex about culinary knowledge.

Please explain why my knowledge and the knowledge of others quivers before your might.

faggot

bump

texas pls go
queso == cheese

Isn't tacos and tortillas basically the same?
Euromasterrace asking.

are sandwiches different from bread?

that's the difference

How the fuck are you supposed to eat those things that come in a hard shell?

Sandwiches is made from bread... so no difference. Thanks.

>implying Chile con queso or queso fundido is only in TX.

You need to travel more.

With your mouth.

>Isn't tacos and tortillas basically the same?
no.

Pic related is a tortilla. It's a piece of flatbread.

If you put a filling on it and then roll or fold it up then you have a taco.

Got it. So its basically the same.

>So its basically the same.

No. An ingredient and a dish made using that ingredient along with many others are not the same thing.

Taste wise then, agreed... give me that!

nah, the mexican tortilla is not bread, is corn.

No, they don't taste the same either. Adding a bunch of ingredients to a bland piece of bread certainly tastes different than the bland bread itself.

This.
Holy shit, what's not to understand?

Is a slice of bread the same thing as a sandwich you idiot?

No such thing as Mexican food except for corn. Mexican food is basically just Spanish food since they taught you how to cook.

Horchata
Maybe tamirindo sometimes
I fucking hate jamaica

Fuck off Enrique
Go eat a paella toilet dish or something
>Tortillas are flat bread
Are you retarded?
They're made of corn
Tortillas de arina is degenerate shit for American burritos and diabetes
Tacos are NEVER supposed to be that thick or large
Corn tortillas are smaller sizes and if made well have a certain texture

Rick Bayless pls go

what other food spain have aside paella?

More like, what food DOESN'T Spain have. They have everything and anything. You're forgetting that Spain was a major world power at one time, they sailed all over the world, and brought the foods they found back with them, while taking their own foods to other countries. Not to mention being a major gateway to Europe. Spanish food is incredibly diverse.

Mexican >Spanish

and yet you losee against the British just because Spaniards thought that having gold was more important that having factories and merchandise.

My buddy got this book for me since I've been try to get elbow deep in some mexican pus- I mean cooking, however the reviews for the book say it's shit due to incorrect measurements and a plethora of other things. Do you have any recommendations for books, YouTube content, or any other resources for respectable old school and new school mexican food?
Any tips you can provide to get started will also be much appreciated.

>Mexican "food"

Authentic mexican food is watery gross beans soaked in lime.
Texmex is superior in every way.

Horchata is bliss

A fish

>implying people outside of texas mean "queso fundido" when they say "queso"
>implying your kraft singles microwaved with a can of chopped tomatoes is basically the same thing as queso fundido
YOU need to travel more

Typical ignoramus.
You're an ignorant fuck if you really believe that no where outside of Texas has queso fundido or chile con queso. You can find it in every single border state, from Texas to California. Like I said, you need to travel more. Get out of your mommy's basement and learn something. And, by the way, I don't live in Texas.
Also,
>being so shallow of intelligence that the best you can do is fling an idiotic implied insult about Kraft singles.

>You're an ignorant fuck if you really believe that no where outside of Texas has queso fundido or chile con queso
What the fuck are you even raving about? You don't even know what queso fundido is, you just think you do because your local folk wisdom holds "queso" to be synonymous with "queso fundido". They're not even similar other than having some dairy and the word "queso" in the name.

Let me break it down for you, Tex. Queso is just the word for cheese. If you ask anyone in Mexico for some "queso" they'll assume you mean FUCKING QUESO. As in CHEESE. Not a prepared "appetizer" (which makes everyone lose their appetite) consisting of microwaved kraft singles dumped ito a bowl with rotel brand canned tomatoes..

Fucking Lady Bird Johnson's zombie haunting this thread, I swear to god. Why are Texans so good at acting cocksure of their own stupid bullshit.

>not horchata
kys

>drinking spic vomit
uh no thanks senpai

>queso is the word for cheese
NO SHIT, dumbass. Hence the name for chile con queso and queso fundido, or queso del mar, or any of the other variations of it. You stupid fuckwit. You're too stupid to even read a whole post - since you missed the part where I said I don't live in Texas, moron. Goddamn, some of you beaners are so fucking STUPID.

>blah blah blah I'm feeling defensive so I'll pretend this was just a misunderstanding
No, you made it clear you're just stupid. No misunderstanding here.

not that user but you seem like a cunt

Pretty much, yeah.

You're so thick m8, you can't even defend yourself anymore. Everyone knows that word for cheese in spanish is queso. But if you weren't such a wooden headed beaner, you'd realize that people in the southwest colloquially use the word queso as a shortened version of "chile con queso" or "queso fundido" or whatever. You can keep acting like peacock with a stick up it's ass, but it won't change the fact that you are too dumb think rationally. At this point, I just feel sorry for you. You're just a dumb asshole. I'd tell you to educate yourself, but you wouldn't anyway.

>using a recipe from 65 years ago in a conversation about today's food.

That's like using a recipe from the 1890s Fannie Farmer cookbook to talk about what to serve at 1960s dinner party. It just don't work, son.

I want to pet that fish.

redpill me on mamey. I'd never heard of it until i went to mexico last week, it tasted pretty strange

Historical aphrodisiac in Mexico, it's typically fed to unsuspecting tourists by locals who then laugh at the distressed, horny white guy after. Sometimes it'll be pan-fried in areas near whorehouses to signal that there are cheap girls nearby due to its distinctive scent and historical association with the prostitution scene.

Millions of people say "I axed" when they mean "I asked", but when someone says "what's an axe", do you say "oh it's like a request"

And they may think they mean it's shorthand for "queso fundido" because of folk wisdom but that doesn't make it true. I may think I'm "caramelizing onions" when I soften onions in a pan for 10 minutes and millions of people may erroneously agree that this is what I'm doing, but that doesn't make it not wrong, or not stupid.

Get out of your Texas ''''cultural''''' bubble.

FUCKING AXE ANALOGIES

are you that person who gets an own show at food network?

Oh wise Beaner, grant me enlightenment...

Would grilled pineapple with lime juice, salt and habanero be offensive if:
- made by a white boy
- essentially so a married Mexican woman has some flavour and spice at
- a pot luck shitterfest that will be dominated by
- miracle whip potato salad and
- tuna casserole?

I'm sorry that wasn't really a list.

I can't count the times I've had to explain that wheat flour tortillas are authentic northern mexican and are what burritos are supposed to be made from.

here.

is what I meant to reply to

is what I should have replied to.

>being this autistic
Look, you fucked up. Just hide the thread, get up, and pace around the room a few times like the rest of us.

First off, your analogy is completely inappropriate.
Secondly, if you travel around and never take colloquialisms into consideration, you're either
A. an autistic fuck
or
B. an autistic fuck
I bet you're a real gem at parties. Even different regions of mexico have different colloquialisms for common foods.
And again, I don't live in Texas, for the THIRD time. (This how we know you're an autistic fuck.)

>after I replied to myself four times to make sure I got credit for my flour tortilla comment, I'm going to call someone else autistic for expecting people to favor the broader, more universal meanings of words rather than an extremely narrow, contextually irrelevant regional colloquialism that I injected into the thread for no particular reason besides TEXAS PRIDE

Have you ever been more than fifty miles from where you were born? This is a rhetorical question because we both know the answer is no.

The only thing you know more about is what the inside of your own asshole looks like.

You're so fucking insane and autistic you don't even know who you're replying to, fucktard. I haven't mentioned tortillas at all, numbnuts.
And you STILL have zero reading comprehension. You're just a useless piece of shit jabbering just to make noise. And you're still WRONG.

>Pic related is a tortilla. It's a piece of flatbread.
>If you put a filling on it and then roll or fold it up then you have a taco.

So whats the difference between tacos and fajitas and burritos?

taco = shitty half-assed lazy mexican sandwich

fajitas are the meat.

I thought that was a torta?

flour tortilla guy here, I only replied to myself once, and have nothing to do with this queso shitstorm. I'm in flyover land, queso comes in a jar.

When are we going to get ids and flags?

This entire thread is hilarious.
Holy shit OP.
Gif related: it's what you're doing

tacos use corn tortillas
burritos use flour tortillas

You know shit unless you can make cahuamanta and prove it here.

i got poo poo pee pee diarrhea tonight from eating tacos. boo hoo nee nee

horchata might be G_D's drink desu

>not making based aguachile rojo

Might as well ask what the difference between a philly cheesesteak and a chicago hotdog is

>southwest

that's a southern thing bro. nobody in california uses queso to mean queso fundido.

the funny thing is I remember talking to a girl from louisiana about the lack of queso dip in the west. she acknowledged that nobody outside of the south calls it that.

Why is Tex-Mex so much better? Why do Mexicans eat bugs with chili and lime?

Tradition is to be understood, and then swiftly disregarded. The best food is the food that tastes and feels good to you, not food which is "proper"