Why did spaghetti become the most popular and default pasta...

Why did spaghetti become the most popular and default pasta? It's obviously the worst style and is quite irritating and problematic, nearly every other common form of it is superior aside from maybe macaroni

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QYUpUOThRgY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>French food is pretentious
>cherries jubilee
>spaghetti is the default
Is it 70s week on Veeky Forums or what?

The stringy form is special and makes it a more interesting meal compared to other, more common forms. This increases enjoyment of the meal.

it's literally because it has the most italian name so normies love it because it makes them feel cultured

I like pasta the best.

Most people are just throwing a jar of sauce over pasta, so why not spaghetti? It grabs the sauce well enough. It's not overly thick or chewy. What would be the better alternative?

It takes up less space

tagliatelle best
fight me

>Tagliatelle

So you like your spaghetti flattened? Big fucking difference, plebe.

>replying

This. I hate fettuccine too for about the same reason.

Fusilli or penne.

farfalle is master race

Are you kidding me there are at least 20 other types of pasta with name that sounds more Italian than that

oh look, a tripfaggot nobody asked for

I actually really like farfalle. What do you think it goes best with? I like it in soups or with cream sauces or for pasta salad.

I want to say I've seen worse tripfags.

But I would be lying.
This one is the plague.

You wish. That way you'd feel the sweet embrace of death, wouldn't you?

I usually eat it with carbonara

Who /linguine/ here

>they dont eat scooby doo

failures, all of you

>problematic
What did the jew mean by this?

This is reverse psychology.
The jew is, in reality, trying to get you to eat more of his synthetic Jew b vitamins.

Bolognese is the nigger of pasta.

Puttanesca or go home.

Bolognese is the sauce not the pasta you ignorant cunt.

Unlike many other forms of pasta, it is easily stackable.
One kg of spaghetti will take up significantly less space in the cupboard (or store shelf) compared to penne, farfelle or the likes.

Pasta is the dish and I'm aware Bolognese is the sauce, that's why I said Puttanesca is better, you mongoloid.

I love when hypocrites call me an ignorant cunt.

Nice damage control, retard.

Nice argument, retard.

No cretin, the dish is spaghetti bolognese.

"Type of food". What the fuck ever. The pasta is spaghetti and the sauce is bolognese. Bolognese is a shit tier sauce.

>bolognese is a type of pasta
Veeky Forums, I .......

For me it is farfalle, the best pasta.

For me it's the cappellini aka Angel hair for you plebs.

We've been over this.

Flyovers are stuck in some kind of weird time warp. Most of them still think tiki bars are the hottest shit and sushi is a new city hype that only weeaboos care about.

>Pasta is the cuisine

Is it just me or does anyone else smell a new meme here?

>Pasta is the cuisine

For me, McChicken is the cuisine

Wew, lads.
Rekt him hard.

seashell is the best shape
fight me

That's easier to eat with a spoon. If you have a meat sauce, then using a spoon will make you look retarded.

Rigatoni for pastafu

I blame this chode

Oh BTW Rotelle Master Race.

>farfalle
>rotelle
>capelli d'angelo
meme pasta

these guys get it
also bucatini, pappardelle, and stuffed pasta

Try linguine. With gorgonzola. And basil. And butter.

Because it's cheap, delicious, and not really irritating or problematic in anyway whatsoever. Even if you want to make the sauce completely by scratch, it's pretty fucking easy if you have any sort of basic home cooking experience. I guess the only 'annoying' bit would be blanching the tomatoes to peel the skin, which a lot of people don't even bother with.

Anyway, spaghetti is delicious, especially with good meatballs.

>spaghetti is the default
To be honest it kind of is. It's a staple of the lower middle class, college kids, parents who aren't particularly good cooks can spice up a jar of spaghetti sauce, etc. Name a more popular italian dish/pasta that isn't pizza or mac and cheese. I'm not even sure mac and cheese is more popular, but it could be argued, I guess.

>gorgonzola
>butter
pick one amerilard

holy fuck this thread is bad. about three awful trolls make up 95% of the posts in here. rip in peace Veeky Forums. I will remember this as the thread that brought us down.

*holds up spork*

Those look like pasta shapes made for fucking children you mongrel.

Are you stupid or something? What pasta is more common than spaghetti?

I think he ment the type of noodle being used.

No one is arguing that red sauce noodle dishes should be banned. OP just wants more variety in the type of noodle used. I personally prefer rotini.

Easy answer. They are the most fun to eat. Because you can sloppyslurpsuck them.

Ma nigga

>I personally prefer rotini.

that's not a noodle. That's pasta. Noodle requires it to be long and thin. Rotini are not long, therefore they are not noodles.

noo·dle
1: a food paste made usually with egg and shaped typically in ribbon form

Because its a braindead meal. Cook hamburger, boil noodles, and mix. Bon apetite im so italiano muah.

>quite irritating and problematic
neurodiversity

> farfalle, rotelle
> meme

Pick one and only one you french fuck.

My nana made them with just a load of butter. And I'm telling you that shit was good.
Until she went full retard and started overcooking them and making them float in a pool of melted butter. A shame really.

best nood

"boil noodles" is the directions for literally any pasta. He's asking why it was specifically spaghetti that became the most popular to make.

Also, penne isa besto.

pasta for children that always cooks unevenly due to retarded shape

Angel hair isn't even Italian. Kurt Cobain invented it.

farfalle
rigatoni
ravioli
tortellini
lasagna
fettuccine
macaroni

just off the top of my head

I like fresh tagiatelle, bucatini, and pappardelle.

Although honestly i'll eat anything that's offered, I was given penne with creamed mushroom sauce today, ate it and didn't give a fuck.

mfw I'll never try the french ostrich and cranberry mre

youtube.com/watch?v=QYUpUOThRgY

True but, not everyone that lives in fly over States are rednecks. I probably fly over your State on a regular basis.Your points are well taken, and probably true in your area as well.

why is everybody here so fucking angry about food

it's just food

>I was given penne with creamed mushroom sauce today, ate it and didn't give a fuck.

Fucking pleb as fuck.

At least it wasn't ziti...

Name twenty (20) different kinds of pasta that sound more Italian than spaghetti.

it's Veeky Forums. i don't think people come here to be happy.

Spatial efficiency.

Why do you think I browse this board?
It's the ultimate form of autism

Depends on the sauce. For a ragu I'd say Linguine, rotini, farfalle, or campanelli (sp).

For marinara or another lighter sauce I'd say ziti, rigattoni, manicotti or another hollow pasta.

For a cheese sauce pipette or shells.

>ravioli raviloi give me the pastaroni