Since over the last few years...

Since over the last few years, /pol/ has obnoxiously infected Veeky Forums to the point where actual discussion is impossible, and since it seems like they're never going to leave us alone, is there another chan with better Veeky Forums discussion going on? I want to be able to discuss books without shitheads coming in to pollute threads by spamming things like 'lefty shills' and 'liberal elites'

pic unrelated

Outside of the four threads about that Canadian guy things are pretty much okay.

just hide the threads you dislike. there are a few places to discuss books online but they all have some sort of deficiency. This one is by far the most fun in my opinion though. Honestly I don't even know what people want out of this board, half assed and awkward interpretations of text isn't the most appealing thing in the world

Make a goodreads and friend all the Veeky Forums folks. It's not a replacement obviously, but you get more reading done and spend a little less time here.

It's very frustrating when I write a multiple-paragraph, thoughtful response to a thread topic, and all of the replies I get are pol memes and opinions that are obviously based on watching a 5 minute youtube video on the topic that don't even address my points

i dont think the pol thing is as bad as youre making it out to be, mostly because pol ideology is recognizable 300 miles away and you can just ignore those posts. as long as you arent talking about ethnic literature or female authors then you are pretty much alright.
part of the Veeky Forums package has always been that there are some posts that are just fucking garbage. that being said, i cant find anywhere better than this for literature. i usually prefer reddit (flame me all you want fags but compare r/games to /v/ and try to tell me Veeky Forums is better) but for some reason r/books and r/literature are actually surprisingly both shit. long story short just suck it up.

ps. having a thread like "discussion of x book" is almost always going to go nowhere

It's that way on every imageboard these days, intelligent people left the internet 20 years ago.

Norm MacDonald is more lit than you

You think this is bad? This is the best you're going to get. All other chans are either completely empty, or have a far worse /pol/ infection.

You have progressives to blame for /pol/, just like you have democrats to blame for Trump.

If there hadn't been such a hard push of normieism on Veeky Forums the /pol/ pushback wouldn't have been so great.

Stormfags and frogposters are actually doing us a service in the long term by cleansing the site.

Get real none of you in this bait thread are any better it's not lit related in any way, reported as should be.

Glad we finally triggered another liberal loser to leave this place. Don't return you scum.

>hey Veeky Forums is there another forum where I can avoid people who disagree with me?
Yeah, it's called reddit

>I made a dumb post and people were mean to me :'(
Shitposts are shitposts no matter how "well thought out" your psued ass thought it was

Go post pictures of cats on facebook filthy norman/roastie scum

Pretty much this, pol threads are the most obvious shit in the world. If it screams "hey I just popped over here to make this thread 'cause I head you guys are liberal and my op image is a frog" then just ignore it.

>libshits unironically think that /pol/ is doing some covert operation to infiltrate their safe spaces
>they don't understand that you can use multiple boards
>they can't conceive that there may be a possibility that there are intelligent people who happen to hold different views
Why are liberals such smug shits?

>normies
>roastie

You aren't on /r9k/

Sorry I exposed your game pal. No need to insult me.

>he doesn't know that Veeky Forums started as a literature-themed /r9k/
>he gets triggered by Veeky Forums terminology
You have to go back

>people who disagree with me can't possibly read books!

>he thinks /r9k/ was a ressentiment-fueled incel central back then

>newfag redditor pretends to know how things were "back then"

Good frog post

>can't refute point
>better call him a redditor

>wants others to "refute" his memearrow implications
Back to /r/philosophy with you

>>>/wizardchan/

And stay there

I'm sure there's a thread on the size of labia that need you expertise

>it's another reddit babby gets triggered by pol thread.

Cool, but this thread is more entertaining

>people disagree with me so I want to sequester myself into a little cocoon with other people who agree with my worldview
lol

Veeky Forums is merely a left-learning board existing in a space, i.e. Veeky Forums, that has generally always skewed right. It is only recently that Veeky Forums has also started to turn right, and you're crying about it?

By nature of the hobby I would expect a literature board to have leftist inclinations just as I would expect a board dedicated to art to have leftist leanings, but leaving because new thought has entered the board is literally fulfilling the safe space meme that everyone gives leftists shit for

>thought
frogniggers don't think

I think you may be guilty of willfully missing the point. The problem isn't that Veeky Forums is becoming more right wing (which is dubious) but that /pol/ or whoever takes every opportunity to evangelize or otherwise broadcast their views without even a pretension to discussing literature. It doesn't help that these views usually amount to humorless and intellectually barren shit fits expressed in memes. Whatever your hobby horse is--scientific racism, Trump apologetics, babby's first counterenlightenment thinker--you have to acknowledge that when you post about it here you're looking for a reaction and thereby making the board shittier.

I'm not sure I'm missing the point as much as OP wasn't explicit about the way in which /pol/ is supposedly undermining the integrity of the board

Regardless, a large chunk of the discussion on here pertains to philosophy and other general nonfic works, and when people discuss these they are inherently doing so from some kind of foundation or view point.

If merely the opinions of others are things that I supposedly must acknowledge, by your own recognition as attention-grabbers and shitposts, then perhaps people of your ilk need more exposure to alternative points of view, not less.

To be more colloquial, if people like you and OP are getting your jimmies rustled by alternative points of view then maybe you should reconsider how your steady diet of safe spaces and fee-fees has engendered your inability to cope with trivial grievances

redpill me on festering nigger diarrhea

>just hide the threads you dislike

I think you're missing the point. /pol/tards don't just shitpost new threads, they invade and derail other anons' threads.

Do you understand what "derail" means? It's not a matter of hiding shitposts, it's a matter of every other person on Veeky Forums being incapable of not taking the bait and allowing threads into dissolve into pointless shouting matches. There's simply no way to keep things on topic once /pol/ interjects.

>If merely the opinions of others are things that I supposedly must acknowledge, by your own recognition as attention-grabbers and shitposts, then perhaps people of your ilk need more exposure to alternative points of view, not less.
I haven't revealed any kind of ideological bent. What you insist is some kind of emotional reaction to alternative points of view is, in fact, a low-level irritation with spam. Obviously Stirnerposting, Sam Harris hate threads, whatever, are not contributing anything more to the board than /pol/. But you at least get the sense of fun and the assurance that they will exhaust themselves. When a post is literally on the front page for days driven by dozens of replies containing
>you're a cuck
>women are children
etc., and this seems to go on for months, I do take that as a sign that maybe the board is going to shit. I may find your opinions disagreeable (assuming you really have any) but /pol/ is unambiguously cancer. I seriously regard or at least tolerate alternative opinions when I see them. If you're wondering why people like OP don't seem to, maybe consider that you're just shitposting/a little stupid.

>the way in which /pol/ is supposedly undermining the integrity of the board
see:

I'm totally fine with Veeky Forums being right-leaning, but if it's going to be that way, let the posts be intelligent and not the usual shitposting 'roastie' 'libscum' 'cuck' bullshit, which is braindead as fuck. A lot of pol-tards like to claim the reason they're so reviled is because everybody's a liberal that needs an echo chamber, but the real reason for a lot of people is that /pol/ posts are usually just laden with shitposting garbage.

Stop being a woman and ignore shit you don't like.

>infected
you mean cured

and I was Veeky Forums before /pol/

witnessed

Wait, what. Please explain. I've only been on Veeky Forums for about a year

You should post to educate, not feed off replies.

/pol/ is terrible though, I agree, and they consistently come across as the the slowest posters.

Seriously, you don't own the goddamn board
>Only liberals read books

For God's sake, just filter keywords and you won't have to look at them.

>Veeky Forums
>right-leaning
pick one

I post for discussion

>/pol/
It is undergoing enourmous demographic changes. I am expecting a large immigration of redditors there.

/pol/ is already reddit and has been for a while

You people are worse than the /pol/tards. This is an image board, go to a university for in depth discussion.

You sound like you complain about (((board culture))) for days on end.

There was a push to make Veeky Forums a politically correct place and there was a massive backlash.

^This. And it's not like you can't filter keywords.

>university
>in depth discussion.
good one

>Getting cucked by a demagogue in the 21st century

>Think that society is degenerating and must be fixed
>Have the most base posting style on the site and force it on other boards

Haven't really noticed it to that extent lol I think you're exaggerating.

>women are children
>/pol/ is infesting my safe space!!!111
>implying Schopenhauser didn't say some really nasty things about those vile creatures

>not submitting to /pol/
haha, eat shit lefty, this is not your safe space, never was
In fact /pol/ is the cement that holds together all boards now teh same way /b/ used to in the beginning.
You can run, but you can never escape.

/pol/ has literally been the reddit siphon for god know how long