Who are some good anti-life writers and philosophers Veeky Forums?

Who are some good anti-life writers and philosophers Veeky Forums?

Pessimists, cynics, depressives, gloomy nihilists.

Also, are there any female writers who cover any of the above?

Other urls found in this thread:

philosophynow.org/issues/45/The_Last_Messiah
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that pic makes me want to kill myself no joke

Then why don't you?

also dae feel like every time they try to find ways to escape depression and pessimism they have to delude themselves? like I feel like I will never be as successful as normal people because most of the time i don't even want it

because I'm scared to

>dae feel like every time they try to find ways to escape depression and pessimism they have to delude themselves?

philosophynow.org/issues/45/The_Last_Messiah

good read made me kinda feel like shit for some reason, I am curious what is the benefit of reading authors like this? I find myself really interested in it, but every time I read it I always feel bad...

Honest question, are you under 21 years of age?

Also, benefit is subjective. Personally it reassures me that my own discomfort and persistent dislike of life and the world / reality in which I am fated to live has been experienced and analyzed and written about by other people whose thoughts I respect.

hmmm true it is kind of comforting from that perspective I guess, and I'm 19

Is Leopardi worth reading when one has on´ly access to translations?

I have Zibaldone in my house, it's like 1500 pages hardback. I flick through it at random, read an aphorism and either underline it or just place a circle beside it to mark it as read. Some pretty interesting stuff, though at times there's like a 1,000 word essay on asceticism or something like that.

>female
>writer

Pessoa's Book of Disquiet

Any readily accessible chance someone would list off these people? Interested in a few of the less obvious whose face/words I don't recognize yet

Fernando Pessoa is missing from this.

r/cringe

so these are the types sent to the gulags

Thats kind of the idea but not really

>r/cringe

r/cringe...

>this is coming from the greatest mathematical mind of our generation

I do hope that the Leopardi quote isn't meant to be a translation of that bit of the Canto Notturno.

But anyway, Foscolo for someone who basically did Werthe better than Goethe in "Ultime Lettere di Jacopo Ortis"

The prose stuff is fine (Start with Operette Morali). The Zibaldone is monstrous though and not really something you "read".

The poetry is a bit more difficult. You could read it in translation if you really want, but I suspect then you'll get the feeling you're just reading the Operette Morali in verse-form instead of getting the poetic expression.

Ambrose Bierce

>implying we can change our course