So I bought a few tins of Twinings to replace some from another brand I bought across the country that were packaged...

So I bought a few tins of Twinings to replace some from another brand I bought across the country that were packaged improperly, also to replace pic related since shit leaf quality making it undrinkable.

Anyway, I can smell one through the lid faintly through the foil and the other two faintly through the lid after I opened the foil; are these containers just not airtight like I thought they were? I'll check to see if my current Twinings tins are the same then place some plastic wrap between the lids and tins but if not, should I return the ones I bought or would any flavor loss be neglibile

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Breakfast-Tea-Sampler-Varieties-Scottish/dp/B01N4IHGAJ/ref=sr_1_18_a_it?srs=14841524011&ie=UTF8&qid=1490997247&sr=8-18
amazon.com/Hario-Chacha-Kyusu-Maru-700ml/dp/B0007WTBQ0/ref=sr_1_13?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1491009086&sr=1-13&keywords=teapot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Twinings

Some are good, some are awful, there's a surprising disparity with the quality. The english breakfast is basically torn open teabags whereas the orange pekoe has full-ish leaves

how do bongistanians feel about tea with artificial flavoring?

Who cares, they're worse with tea than burgers. All they drink is oversteeped lipton teabags with fuckton of milk and sugar.

I'll admit I use a small amount of sugar (brings out the flavor imo) but I use a french press, carefully watch water temp, brew times etc.

they're ok for a store brand, would be better if they had a loose option with no tin for max value
most flavoring on tea is cancer, expecially artificial. jasmine is probably the only one I enjoy, some earl greys are ok too I guess
britbongs don't care, they're all about that shitty tea-flavored milk

We have just as many tea hipsters as anywhere else

have you ever tried milk with tea. it adds a nice mouthfeel

>jasmine is probably the only one I enjoy, some earl greys are ok too I guess
Good taste nigga, only flavorings I like. Also to be fair, those are considered """proper""" and are even accepted among tea snobs because they add a little to the tea without overpowering it, perfumey garbage is another story.
Yeah but tea is part of bong every day life and they fuck it up horribly the same way burgers do coffee
I'll try a small amount in black tea again, the issue is people use milk to cover up bad tea, not to compliment it.

Just started tea two weeks ago, this is my go-to. Am i fucking it up? It feels nice with milk, nice light and malty taste. I also have their Earl Grey (excellent on its own) and their English Breakfast (weaker Scottish Breakfast, nothing special to me).

Did i get snookered? Should i not feel like that tea is worth it? I was going to order their chamomile after some Pajeet herbal tea i bought gave me throat burn.

it's probably fine but try to go /loose/
loose tea of the same grade will almost always be better than bagged

I really like the Twinings Irish Breakfast tea.
Its malty, rich, thick and delicious.
Shame that it kinda makes me sick...

The Twinings Nightly Calm is awesome though. It actually does calm me down and gets me ready for bed.

Why does it make you sick? Irish breakfast is another one I want to try, I like the rich and malty angle.

What would be a loose tea version replacement for what i suggested?

you sound like a massive homosexual.

don't know what you have available, try another scottish breakfast. perhaps taylors has loose versions, twinings has loose versions of most products too I think
or you could try to go for pure assam, since that's generally what gives breakfast teas their malty taste

No idea. Green tea makes me sick too. I figure I might be allergic to something in certain tea leaves, but I don't know what they have in common so I'm not sure what I should look for to avoid. But it's not all teas.
It's ok as long as I only drink them occasionally, it's when I drink them more than once a week or so that I have a problem.

ok sucks for you. I might try some loose irish by this company Solstice, seems like good reviews on Amazon. Plus as I am looking to replace daily coffee, I shouldnt be off put by strong and smoky flavor.

amazon.com/Breakfast-Tea-Sampler-Varieties-Scottish/dp/B01N4IHGAJ/ref=sr_1_18_a_it?srs=14841524011&ie=UTF8&qid=1490997247&sr=8-18

I care what you think because _________

Oh, you do care.

Okay.

Anyway OP here, I can confirm the tins I aready had also leak, if you have Twinings tins stick a layer of saran wrap between the lid and container, seems to fix it.

On another note, should decent quality black tea have a strong smell? Not getting much from the one I bought

I don't know that brand, but get some loose leaf and a little pot with built in basket like this:
amazon.com/Hario-Chacha-Kyusu-Maru-700ml/dp/B0007WTBQ0/ref=sr_1_13?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1491009086&sr=1-13&keywords=teapot

What I have found with loose leafs is I get a more tea-like flavor (if that makes any sense) with less astringency than bagged tea.

>Not brewing with loose lapsang souchong

Plebeian

I'm kind of addicted to their blackcurrant tea.