The bagel shop I work at just got a new manager and he's made the most retarded change to our sandwich menu

The bagel shop I work at just got a new manager and he's made the most retarded change to our sandwich menu.

All sandwiches now come at a flat price of 3.99 and come with one meat or meat combo, onions, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and yellow mustard, on rye bread, with a pickle spear. There's a $1 charge for any ingredient you want to add or remove. It's been two days and our regulars are already shitting themselves.

Have your bosses or local businesses ever made any stupid decisions that fucked up the food service?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_pizza_chains
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Charging the customer for ingredients they don't want.
> "Thanks for lowering my food costs! Now go fuck yourself!"

>There's a $1 charge for any ingredient you want to add or remove
>Charging to remove ingredients

I'll try to take a picture of the sign tomorrow but the shit says verbatim "Substitutions $1*" and at the bottom "*per addition or removal of one ingredient".

He's actually Indian, but thanks for your concern.

This is something I posted on discord earlier tonight. It's incredibly relevant.

>not trusting them to make the best possible combination of ingredients
>being a special snowflake
Why is removing even an option?

Because onions are trash food, and I'll have none of them on my sandwich.

THIS. I once worked for a Subway managed by an Indian couple. I hadn't been paid in two weeks and when I asked about it they wrote me a fucking personal check for $100.

>vinegar
>yellow mustard
>no tomato
>no lettuce
>charging to substitute or even remove ingredients

Seriously, how is the default not lettuce, tomato, onion and some shitty "house" mayo?
It's like the guy never saw a sandwich.

Maybe the intention is to force people to pay extra to make it edible.

Sounds like a trip straight to going out of business town, unless the rest of your menu can stand on its own.

As for your question I worked at a pizza place when it first opened. Now I live in a town with a lot of old people and it's also quite cold here. Naturally you'd think we'd have a soup on the menu; people every day would ask if we had one. The manager refused to add one, still hasn't. There's roasted red peppers, tomatoes and cream on stock already and it would be piss easy to make a red pepper soup any time without having to purchase a single new ingredient. Also, Canadian pizza, another highly requested item. Took over two years for it to be added to the menu when I suggested it within my first week. Manager is one of those people who won't do anything unless they think of it themselves.

What the fuck is a Canadian pizza?

Bingo bango.

Okay, now show me one other restaurant that has a pizza like that, under that name.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_pizza_chains

And you can add just about every American franchise that's moved up here too.

>Show me one pizza place that has pepperony, bacon, and shroomies.

Ok well show me a place that dosnt serve pizza and in fact only sells construction supplies.

And do they sell it as "Canadian" pizza? No you stupid nigger.

being this flyover.

Medical.
If I went to a place and they wanted to charge me to remove stuff that will make me ill, I'd just nope the fuck out of there.

And I'd make a point of telling anyone who asks what complete shitheels these greedy niggers are.

>word of mouth spreads bad stuff 10* faster than good stuff.

>go to a bagel shop nerby craving for a sandwich
>see all those shitty combinations and they charge you for removing stuff
>guy in the counter asks "what do you want?"
>"uh nothing i've changed my mind"
>"that will be 10$"

As opposed to holographic bacon

Blueberries will never cost $1 flat again

I pick my own from a farm for $9.00/gallon. I don't know how that compares to a flat, though.

>Because onions are trash food

back to ledit faggot

heh

Bible belt here. Had some indian people buy out a restaurant that's popular here in this shitty sub 3k pop town, and they started fucking it up. They fucked up a reuben I ordered (why the fuck would you put ketchup and pickles on a reuben you stupid prick) and when I went to get it fixed they said "thats how its supposed to be" and still wanted to charge me for it. I kinda fucked up and threw the sandwich at his face, in hindsight it was a stupid thing to do but at the moment it felt good to do that and tell him to fuck himself. Didn't pay for the sandwich, and the restaurant closed after one month of opening. Right now it's still "for sale".

Underrated post.

kek