Is anybody interested in reading my manifesto when I publish it next month?

Is anybody interested in reading my manifesto when I publish it next month?

Title:

Antidentitaire

Chapters & Sub-Chapters:

1. Man Awoke: The Tragic Birth Of Human Consciousness
>An Historical Narrative Of Morality From External Law To Internal Burden
>Vegetarianism In Early Civilization
>Depression Among Non-Human Animals

2. The Town And The City: Establishing The External "Other"
>The Evolution Of Urban Settlements As Metaphor For The Emerging Human Self
>Analysis Of Etiquette Among Western Bourgeoisie Society
>Orientalism And The Borders Of Humanity

3. Room At The Bottom: Inherited Identity As Existential Cure
>Serfdom And Its Contents
>Existentialism And Despair In The West
>Nihilism: The Shadow Of Freedom

4. Liberated Atoms: Late-Capitalism And The Crisis Of The Self
>Isolation And Solipsism In Contemporary Society
>Anti-Buddhism And The Marketplace Self
>The Internet As Heaven's Waiting Room

5. Kingdom Come: The Technological Self-Exile Of A Species
>The Existential Need For Virtual Reality
>The Dissolution Of The Reality Server
>Paradise: Software For Solipsists

Word Count:

sounds deep, can't wait

Are you going to shoot up a school?

Otherwise I'm not reading it

Thank you.

No I'm not going to shoot up a school. However if you are interested in this topic there is a section which analyses the writing of Adam Lanza, Pekka-Eric Auvinen and others who you may be familiar with.

Sure. Hit us up with a sample famalam.

Good idea I suppose. I'll take a look through for something that I think would be interesting and would make sense when isolated from broader context of the book as a whole.

Also I should add there is a seven page bibliography at the end, which includes 327 books I have read when researching this topic, and others books, articles and studies which are included.

This sounds like some pseud wank material. Sorry user but I would not read this crap.

Start with the Greeks you idiot.

I can see why it might seem that way.

Much of the early passages focus on the early stages of what we may retrospectively refer to as "Greek civilization", especially their concept of morality, Greek legislature, Eudaimonia and the human-animal distinction.

There'll never be a manifesto superior to Serfdom in Equestria, give up bro

Yah. Keep us posted please.

"Bourgeoisie" isn't an adjective

bump

>Serfdom in Equestria
oh, fuck. is this shit real?

Well, are you going to post it or not?

post a link to this

I'd be interested in reading this user. What's the general thesis you're trying to propose - that the human condition has progressed to such an unbearable point that we need technological escapism?

How much is it? If it's free I'll take it

so is this just 140k words to tell us that you're really stoked for VR

or what

17:39 - The_Maggot: 140k words to tell us that he's realy stoked for VR

is there any reference to Lacan?

OP here. Didn't think the thread would still be active today.

I'm still giving it one or two further read-throughs to make sure nothing has been missed.

My central thesis is that the demand for and interest in virtual reality, now an industry in its own right (worth billions) having existed only as a something of a wacky pastime among rather quixotic futurists in the 90s is the consequence of both essential human characteristics and of social / cultural changes which have served to encourage solipsism, alienation, depersonalization and isolation in citizens of Western nations. I argue, for example, that the hippy culture of the 1960's and its love of psychedelic drugs ("Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out") for example served as an existential precursor, a rather primitive one, to the virtual culture currently thriving, especially in Silicon Valley where the development of virtual reality in the past decade is almost incredible in context. I compare the writings of Michael Heim for example to the kind of texts that were prominent within hippy culture and compare these to earlier philosophers / thinkers in Greek and other ancient cultures, and one of the conclusions I have drawn is that the Internet will, within 50 years, be thought of and remembered perhaps as little more than an archive and a waiting room (a metaphor I employ) to the world(s) of virtual reality, which can be compared, once they are developed to the point wherein immersion is so complete that they themselves become primary reality to each specific user, to countless "servers" that an individual may choose to log onto having been granted (via technology, and not drug use, mystical experiences, mental illness, etc) the ability to log out of the Reality Server into which we have all been spawned and in which we are currently exerting our wills and attempting as best we may to shape a rather stubborn external reality, designed from without, according to our whims, preferences and ideals. We will in effect become Gods, which is in itself an ambition that humanity has harbored since Man first began to assert order on Nature, and which is an ambition evident both in urban planning and so on and in cultural / social evolution, wherein the identity of the upper class, defined by rarity and high-value, has consistently been desired by the masses, to the point where the word "kitsch" came to refer not only to a single piece of art produced en masse and thus devalued, but an entire set of social signifiers, possessions and so on which have been usurped by the mass of people from the small coterie of privileged and at times God-like human beings. The end to which this trend has pointed is a willed solipsism, which virtual reality will accommodate by providing an arena of uncontested will, a world designed by and for an individual according to their specific preference. I'm just summarizing right now and things are much better structured and organized in the manifesto itself.

Will it have hidden references to memes?

Change Chapter 1 title to either 'Man Awakes' or 'Man Woke Up'

Yes I'm releasing it without charge

Not quite. I'm indifferent to Virtual Reality both in its current form or in the inevitable form it will take in the future. I treat the current technical problems faced by VR developers (latency etc) as solvable short-term issues and project what I believe is the final end to which Virtual Reality technology will serve as a means. In a sense I am establishing an existential argument, not a technological one.

Actually, scrap that; remove all of your chapter headings, and turn each of your sub-chapters into their own chapters, keeping those titles as they are; either let the three-by-three topic structure be implicit or just title the groups by number: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I don't have the document with me right now but I do discuss Lacan's concept of the Real, mostly in the earlier sections

This
The correct way to spell this is
>Analysis Of Etiquette Among Western Bourgeois Society

Not really. I discuss Veeky Forums in some depth towards the end of the book, in particular regarding the self-willed dissolution of identity and habits of expression.

"Man Awoke" is a reference to an essay called The Last Messiah by Zappfe

How can we get a hold of it? I'm quite interested.

OP here.

Also chapter 3 should read "...As Existential Salve", not "Cure"

I'll be releasing it for free on the internet next month. Not quite sure how yet. I'm going to send it to some academics I respect also (some of whose work I reference) to see if they will endorse it or something.

how old are you op?

are you an academic or something? this sounds pretty dense.

Ayo hit up Veeky Forums with the release when you do

I'm 23.

I was thinking of posting a link on here when I publish it. Made this thread because I guess the Veeky Forums demographic are comparatively likely to be interested in the sort of things I cover. Thanks for the enthusiasm.

Do you have a goodreads or any other mean of contacting you?

Not an academic. I work in a supermarket part-time.

I don't have a goodreads account no. I really like the site though I just haven't identified a reason to sign up. No social media. I will include an email in the work when I publish it / send it out. Don't really want to post it anyplace at the moment. Just want to focus and make sure it's airtight first.

If this is OP I can try and pass this on to some people in my department (I teach Phil) if you'd like. I'm not sure what your educational background is but a 140,000 thesis at your age is quite a feat and could merit a scholarship or research grant in academic philosophy, provided you have a BA?

post it

go read The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect - Roger Williams

Sounds okay. Not that interesting.

Glad you're developing it for your own sake, though.

virtually reality isn't really a new "platform" so much as just a new incremental advance in graphics capabilities...it's like when video games went from 2d sprites to hardware accelerated 3d geometry...i thought like you the first time I tried VR, but then when i decided to get to work developing some VR software I quickly saw that it is just a more sophisticated presentation of graphics than some new anything, the people playing World Of Warcraft are doing the same thing whether it's playing on a 24 inch monitor or VR Goggles. Augmented Reality is much more promising, VR is def. the future, but only the future of video games, while AR is going to change how we live.

Let us know when it's available. I'm interested in checking this out.

OP here. Thanks for the offer, I'll certainly consider it. However I don't have a BA sorry. I left highschool at 16 and have been working since then and studying independently.

I agree to an extent, though it's clear that what Virtual Reality is hoping to accomplish, as is evident both by the official documents released by Oculus and others, and also by looking at what those involved in the industry judge to be "problems" we can gain an insight into what VR hopes to achieve and how this is fundamentally different to what tech has thus far even attempted to achieve, namely immersion to the point of total absorption into an "artificial" reality alternative to the one we as a species currently share (in a general sense). It will be in my opinion our species most significant existential feat and will effect our species in ways even more considerable to the internet, which historically speaking is so awesome that to go beyond it is almost unimaginable. I haven't studied augmented reality to an extent where I would consider establishing any meaningful opinion of it unfortunately.

op is european ?

Have you read Hegel OP?

Nope I live in Southwest Pennsylvania USA.

Western Philosophy and overthinking snatches up another victim

pleb

Where in Southwest PA? Allegheny?

>"essential human characteristics"
>>claims to be able to analyze bourgeois society

go back to marx pussy bitch

Fayette.

>pleb
Whatever helps justify reading dogmatic trash from deluded fools!

>accuses others of being dogmatic only a post after dismissing an entire intellectual tradition

>a thesis = fact

Honestly, could be worse. Keep us posted faggot.

>a thesis = not fact

>a greentext = sincerity

>a green text = insincere

>

>

I applaud your effort OP. You've done a ton more than most anons here already. I've only recently started taking reading seriously along with a desire to write. I hope to match or surpass you some day. Thanks for the inspiration.

Would read.

>An Historical

Sounds like Faggot.

Anyway, I would read it, at least some parts.

this looks genuinely interesting.

Not good, mind, but interesting.

Not bad either, but there are a few yellow flags

Is there any way of reaching you?¿

Post link and be quick about it I'm actually interested.