I had a friend that visited Japan over this past winter...

I had a friend that visited Japan over this past winter. He swears to me that this gold chocolate donut is literally the best donut that he's ever tasted in his life.

I've never seen an equivalent in any American donut shop before in my life, but it doesn't seem like it's some complex or uncommon thing to make or something. For as much as he hyped it up I feel like I almost have to try one, though. Is there nowhere in America that makes or sells these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2010/01/peanut-donuts-at-mister-donut-philippines-asia-manila-airport.html
story.californiasunday.com/ted-ngoy-california-doughnut-king
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read Japanese. It's made from dog.

No, these donuts are made with rare minerals solely found in japan.

That is literally a chocolate butternut doughnut from Dunkin Donuts Japan.

No, this is a chocolate butternut doughnut.

OP donut is from Mister Donut.

seriouseats.com/2010/01/peanut-donuts-at-mister-donut-philippines-asia-manila-airport.html

american donuts have shifted so far away from cake donuts. they are now completely focused on these icky textureless raised donuts that they can slather with jalapeno bacon frosting.

That looks disgusting.

That seems like something different, friend never said anything about peanut butter and they were crunchy instead of powdered. I think they're supposed to be sugar chunks or something in the originals.

>Mister Donut

That name is top tier comfy sounding

It's not that good.

Source: lived in Japan for five years and have lived in Hawaii for 10 years where we have Mr. Donut.

Question: why would you eat a cake donut instead of actual cake?

Their donuts are fucking incredible over there. Being back in America, and in the new england area, the only options for donuts are shitty Dunkin Donuts and shitty Honeybuns. They don't even compare.

I can never eat a donut that isn't from Japan again.

motherfucker

>eating donuts
you know those things are like 300 calories, right? do your body a favor and have an orange instead.

>Golden Doughnuts and Mister Donut mentioned

Federal Donuts in Philly serves some fantastic cake doughnuts.

Also Duck Doughnuts which has branches all over the midatlantic

>Being back in America, and in the new england area, the only options for donuts are shitty Dunkin Donuts and shitty Honeybuns

>tfw my current town is so food-deprived that the Dunkin Donuts and Wendy's are both rated at 4+ stars as some of the best in town

fuck off nigger

Krispy Kreme is terrible.
>overpriced
>small as shit
>overly sweetened with that glaze they put over most of their donuts
Dunkin' Donuts isn't much better.

You're better off finding a local donut shop run by an Asian family that also serves boba on the side.

Yumyums is the best chain restaurant desu

The reason I opened this threaad.

OP gave me a flashback to that scene in Nekomonogatari

>French Cruller

>+

>Napkin

>On ground

I had one in Japan (because I'm a weeaboo). It was very nice but not tremendous.

Mr. Donut is such trash. Dunkin tier

Clearly someone's never been to fractured prune.

>ctrl + f
>no shipleys

the batter itself is too sweet... and they even glaze it with more sugar. Even their other donuts with other flavors have the flavors overpowered by the cloying sweetness.

story.californiasunday.com/ted-ngoy-california-doughnut-king

>in the new england area

iktf. I just got back from NC and brought half a dozen doughnuts in my carry-on and froze them as soon as I got home. I don't crave donuts that often, but when I do there is no place to get quality doughnuts.