Post-Truth

I'm pretty late on this, but how do you feel about
en.oxforddictionaries.com/word-of-the-year/word-of-the-year-2016 ?

I don't care

(((Oxford Dictionary)))

this

Incredibly stupid
No one but journalists use this term in articles in which they announce it is a new term. It has no real conceptual value

>‘relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief

In other news: fire invented, mammoths extinct. Our middle east correspondent has the latest on the new "wheel" invention that's been making waves in Mesopotamia. Be sure to tune in.

Fucking this.

Liberals closing their eyes from having to acknowledge ideology for the first time

Holy shit, did they find a copy of Aristotle's Rhetoric? Philosophers and politicians of all ages have known this shit. Pretending truth ever mattered is just the next evolution of propaganda, and it'll fall out of fashion when the plebes get bored of it

>fuck, that idiot trump won, what do we do guys?
>introspection? sympathy for our political opponents?
>what? no. Let's call it "post-truth" and just be cynical while the republicans continue to win elections, that'll work!

fucking idiots

In the first week of Trump winning four years Liberal elite managed to secure him eight

There's something new to this media climate though. My friend's Facebook only posts environmental "end of days" articles and inspirational fluff. Browsing /pol/ sketches a different state of affairs than r/politics. There isn't one paper or TV program that everybody gets information from. It's not as if each party has a specific news source, each individual has a specific feed tailored to their own ideology.

Let's spread this to /pol/ and /r9k/, guys. We must show them the lunacy of the libcucks.

I am fucking seething. This is just another ploy to breed out whiteness

...in which prescriptivist assholes make up a word no one's going to use - or on the dictionary equivalent of forced meme.

>>introspection? sympathy for our political opponents?
you think this would win the election from trump? more than deluded than anyone 2bh

introspection is receding further from the electoral cause and sympathy gives their side support. how exactly did you expect this to help?

Exactly the kind of people who believed in one universal truth having to come to terms with the nature of pluralism

Thats how things always used to be before around World War 2 when corporate conglomeration and the rise of broadcast media bottle necked media consumption.
We're returning to refracted landscape from a very unique short period of media history

Coming from the same dictionary that made pic related the word of the year
We never lived in a fact world to begin with

Its just a buzzword used to attack opposing positions when you dont actually have an argument.

What they should be doing is learning they should have sent Bernie against Trump and not Hillary.

Instead they've concluded they just didn't shill Hillary enough

I never got this, does it even have an entry in the Dictionary?

>FUCKING LIBERAL BUZZWORDS TRYING TO UNDERMINE THE GLORIOUS TRUMPREICH

>The contemporary origin of the term is attributed to blogger David Roberts who used the term in 2010 in a column for Grist.[2][3][4]

The internet needs an ideology enema.

"truthiness" was better
it was and probably still is more used and it's more pithy

this brand of people was never not cynical, like many other groups, the difference is in what they're cynical about

my right ball is achey as shit i better not have a hernia or some shit

every stinking human being on this Earth needs on ideology enema
everyone's picked sides and it's fucking disgusting, life isn't a game

>truth actually exists
>objectivity exists
>fact exists
top kek

why do you hate whiteness?

Facts are true. There are scientific evidence for why whites have prospered and, say, blacks haven't. Same for men vs women

People don't even fucking know what 'alt-right' means holy shit.

>Facts are true. There are scientific evidence for why whites have prospered and, say, blacks haven't. Same for men vs women
Wrong, bub

get a bj, always helps me.

>false flagging radical post modernism
2/10 weak bait

This isn't even post-modern, it's realism.

I now have an excuse to post this.

Realists believe that there is some form of the objective independant of our subjective cognition. That guy literally said objectivity doesnt exist

wow really changed my perception of the world

I'm that person.

Realism isn't attaching an ideology to existence. It's ancient.

>Realism isn't attaching an ideology to existence
Thats different from
>theres no such thing as objectivity
>truth doesnt exist
Youve got your own ideology that obviously like to preach. The ideology of no ideologies. Youre either pretentious as fuck or pathalogical if you think just randomly asserting that truth doesnt exist is appropriate.

Attaching meaning to existence is attaching ideology. What is objectivity but systematic meaning?

This dude seems based. I need to read him:

Absolutely based. But meatheads still need to step out of academia until they have something meaningful to contribute so I dislike the end.

Meaning of existence isnt the only type of meaning. Just because its ideolgical to attatch meaning to existence itself doesnt mean that all meaning is relative

>le contribute

I wasn't using that as an argument you dope.

it really is a good one

I really do try to ignore the OED's attention seeking antics. They do this every year and I know it's just a gimmick to pander to their left-leaning audience and move books that nobody needs anymore thanks to internet, but now they're actively going out of their way to irritate me. I'm going to pirate OED software as retribution right now.

lift weights its good for you
socrates was shredded brah

a bunch of liberal faggots showing off what liberal fags they are, just like they did last year with the emoji.

>hehe, problem with an emoji as a word? you must be some stale pale male prescriptivist ...
>hehe, problem with post-truth? must be a drumpf voter, lol ....

Yeah they do, it means 'racist' you idiot

Should have been Cuck

This is genuine and expert mind control.

i find it hilarious that the Left are now jumping on this concept after abusing the shit out of it for decades. Not to say the Right don't do it as well, but it's very funny to see Leftists suddenly concerned about this now that reactionary movements are gaining ground.

As though this is some new thing lol

That's actually a really interesting point. Peoples news and ideology were completely insulated by their communities and families until national television globalized the country and then world. The internet is a sort of personalized gated community

It means people who have read The Bell Curve and say "nigger" on the internet but would never admit to these in real-life conversation.

How do you pronounce Latinx? Is it kind of like a lynx?