A few (too many) basketball players genuinely believe the Earth is flat:

A few (too many) basketball players genuinely believe the Earth is flat:

sports.yahoo.com/news/so-apparently-shaquille-oneal-is-a-flat-earther-too-035813782.html

They are modern pioneers, ushering a new paradigm of thinking. Bow to our b-balling giants before it's too late!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKXCBlUPJqM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> I’m just saying. I drive from Florida to California all the time, and it’s flat to me. I do not go up and down at a 360-degree angle

How can people be [math] this [/math] egocentric?

>This man has a doctorate degree in education from Barry University

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

A lot of basketball players are black also.

The large majority of sports players are meatheads that throw a ball around as their life's work.

This honestly

The science is settled

Any flat-earthers with doctorate degrees? Actual scientists?

have to go higher to see the curvature of the earth

>make their fortunes and base their entire lives around dribbling a ball and playing with a spherical ball

>no homo, as athletes, they of all people should appreciate balls, how balls work, how balls behave in nature -

>deny the existence of the biggest ball of them all

But maybe I'm coming at it from the wrong direction. Maybe, for Dr. O'Neal, the world is an finitely extensive /court/, like the b-ball court.

youtube.com/watch?v=TKXCBlUPJqM

doesn't sound like shaw was being serious

Shaq has his doctorial no lie. Not a scientist though.

Are you implying that if a bunch of actual scientists claimed the same thing, it would give the idea some credibility?

His ignorance is just as good as your hoighty-toighty book lernin. More, if you cpunt his salary. Who's the dummy now?

xD so randum!

I think Bill Hicks said it best, once you do an advertisement, anything you say is suspect. This guy has whored himself out for foot powder, why anyone would care about his views on astronomical objects?

nig is nogging, whoop de doop doop

a thread died for this shit

L0L he's just pretending to be retarded.

the internet will make people smarter they said...

It's OK, there are lots of scientists who do not know that a dunk that results in the Plexiglas backboard shattering will result in the player taking the shot being charged with a non unsportsmanlike technical foul that will no, in the even that it is the player's second technical foul will not result in the player's ejection as a second technical normally would do.

Basketball players, by and large, are not overly concerned with people who have no importance in the framework in which they live and work being profoundly ignorant about the rules of the sport.

I think we an be similarly unconcerned with what basketball players know about the real world that they, more or less, inhabit.

>peer review
Scientists don't just "claim the same thing" they review each others' work.

You can't blame them, as regular citizens, one has absolutely no means to probe Earth is a sphere.
If you dislike and doubt NASA and other space agencies you have nothing but speculation.

I bet if a peer-reviewed journal said the Earth was flat you'd believe it.

Literally all you have to ask these idiots is why water doesnt flow off the edge. Ask them how the fuck the sun moves and how a fucking plane flying in the same direction doesn't fly off the edge. Maybe how astronauts have photos of all sides of the earth and it isn't one giant ass piece of paper floating in space

Shaq is likely shooting the shit and fucking with the interviewer for proposing such a dumb question. Merely arguing for the sake of arguing.

you would think being taller would make it easier to see the curve of the earth.
I guess it doesn't matter when they're black.

Show me a peer reviewed journal that says that, and we'll talk.

Technically, YouTube videos are all peer reviewed since they are all commented by people who have the same intellectual level as the uploaders.

Technically, though, they are not a scientific journal.

This is either fake news or he's trolling people.

Why the fuck would you drive from Florida to California instead of flying? With his money, he probably has a private jet.

Don't bother to argue against O'Neal, user. He'll bring up his rings as arguments and try to put you on Shaqtin a Fool on TNT as damage control.

Wow, very obvious that he was joking. Don't know if most people nowadays are autistic or really that socially fucked in the head.

>McMicheals said that was a joke

Every time.

What the hell are you talking about? I know what he meant by the tone of his voice, and he obviously laughed it off like it's a joke. You just have autism, admit it.

It's jealousy.

>obvious that he was joking.

No it isn't. When people joke there's usually a humorous context. Furthermore he would have said "I'm joking" at some point, in order to not sound like an idiot.

>socially fucked in the head.
Look in the mirror, man, you have no idea what you're talking about

>Being this new

Kek.

Maybe if the nigga believed in gravity he could score a fucking jumpshot once in a while

Fucker couldn't hit a free throw. That right there tells you he's not from the ghetto. He's some inbred alien that fell into a can of kiwi and the shoe polish oil made him grow or something.