What's your favorite way to cook potatoes Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite way to cook potatoes Veeky Forums?

Wedges, or mashed with spring onions.

If I'm cooking them, then a potato buried in the live coals of a campfire. It destroys the skin, but the interior is great with some olive oil and sharp cheddar and spam.

If at a restaurant, then fries with whatever shit they're willing to put on them. Cheese, chili, bacon, onions, barbecue sauce.

At my parents house, my mom makes the best fucking au gratin anyone has ever had. I don't even bother to eat au gratin anywhere else, because it is always just disappointing.

This is pretty good, I like to cut the potato into 7-8 slices and put an onion slice between each segment before adding oil, salt/pepper and wrapping it in foil. Best first day camp food

are you in hawaii?

when you mash them with spring onions, when do you introduce the onions into the mix?

I like to cut them in large chunks and make big ol home fries, preferably fried in bacon grease and seasoned with black pepper, salt, and some cayenne pepper for color and a bit of heat.

Slice into about 1/3 inch circles
LIGHTLY coat in canola oil (less than a tablespoon)
Sprinkle with black pepper and garlic salt
250F for an hour

i just boil my own piss in a pot and just throw in the potatoes. i leave them in for like an hour before i recover and start munching on them

Fresh French fries, blanched in canola oil, fried in beef fat.

>eating carbs

Nope midwest USA; why?

Bake them, crush them with a fork, put butter on them, wait a few minutes for the butter to melt, put some pepper on it

simple as that

Alternatively you could warp the potatoes in aluminum foil before hurrying them. This protects the skin and keeps the whole thing edible. If you want to go turbo caveman mode then you can coat the potatoes in clay softened up with some water instead.

fondant potatoes

sliced in half in pressure cooker

That just makes mushy boiled potatoes

boiled redskin potatoes. Nice and buttery, with a bit of fine-chopped parsley.

>Not wanting to enjoy Mama's Special Mash-em-at-the-plate mashed potatoes

>Preheat oven to 400F.
>Rinse the potatoes gently (don't scrub the skin off with a scouring pad you fucking faggot, it's not dirt)
>Place directly on floor of oven
>Bake for 1 hour
>Cut in half and season liberally with salt

Enjoying the delicate flavor of the potato is patrician as fuck.

>eating
Step up senpai

Honestly I usually just microwave the shit out of them.

Pressure cooker, it's the only good way to do it in Colorado bcs elevation

90 minutes, rub with oil, on a rack. Fixed that for ya,

Roast in the oven until really well cooked, then mashed with roasted garlic.

Scalloped potatoes.

Simple as shit and super tasty.

This can be OK in a pinch if you dont want to use the oven. Just make sure to stab a bunch of holes in them with a fork and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper

You know what else is simple your basic bitch mother and personally for me it's the McChicken amen!

In case you comeback, mind giving that au gratin recipe? It's one of my favorite foods.

Because youre an nigger

Do you cook apples?