I want to read the bible. Is the 400th anniversary edition of the King James Bible a good choice...

I want to read the bible. Is the 400th anniversary edition of the King James Bible a good choice? I want the best quality and most aesthetically pleasing bible possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cambridge-Paragraph-Bible-Apocrypha-KJ595/dp/052119881X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480049007&sr=8-3&keywords=cambridge paragraph bible
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>KJ
fucking protestant trash

>not understanding how divers protestantism is.
>not understanding the sublimity of Pentecost
>not understanding the pure light god of the Quakers is better than the gilded Nazarene of the Catholics or the geometry of the Orthodox.

King James is incomplete.

Go with the Jerusalem Bible.

The Jefferson Bible

A Medieval manuscript. Seriously. Some poor monk likely spent his entire life making it. They're beautiful.

How does the quality of the writing compare to the KJV?

HA! ha
who are you prince harry. i got mine used some guys name on it from his parents. pg 1000 player

> best quality and most aesthetically pleasing bible possible

in that case, you want the kjv with apocrypha in calfskin by cambridge press. there are boutique bible makers that might make bibles with better leather but they don't usually include the apocrypha (known as the deuterocanon to catholics) which i think is an important part of biblical literature.

amazon.com/Cambridge-Paragraph-Bible-Apocrypha-KJ595/dp/052119881X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480049007&sr=8-3&keywords=cambridge paragraph bible

There's a thread on Bible versions like every week. You have 2 good options: NIV or NJKV, don't read anything else. Also, why do you want "aesthetic"? The Bible is the divine word of God which contains absolute truth. Pick a version you understand and get to learning before it's too late

I actually enjoyed the book of John from the bible.
I read it in a hotel room on a road trip. It's cool. It's like a meme.

>Reading NIV
>Ever

Fuck the NIV, the ESV is far better.

>not reading pic related

shame on you

are you seriously suggesting the niv? what is wrong with you?

you can't go wrong with James

I found the old language difficult to read. The catholic versions are pretty comfy.

that has the issue of learning a medieval version of a language

this is a terrible version
he does the best translations of homer tho

>i haven't read it but it's terrible!

kys

I bet you're fun at parties. (I'm not either)

yes I have that one user, it's good.