Why is Veeky Forums so unremittingly hostile?

Why is Veeky Forums so unremittingly hostile?

Let's be real, this is likely the most hostile board on Veeky Forums. Not even /mu/ puts down other anons for their tastes in the board's subject matter like Veeky Forums does and the weeb boards are downright civilized in comparison. You can't say a single damn thing in here without someone calling you out for being a pseud or an autist.

Are we seriously just a hivemind of bitter people who can't even accept that other people don't like the same books we do?

Why does Veeky Forums have this compulsive urge to validate themselves by putting others down?

Why are you such a thin skinned bitch?

This board has been infiltrated by other, more toxic boards; that's why. Also, it's Veeky Forums.

The true Veeky Forumsizens are the ones who've been rejected numerous times for publication; those who have actually read the top 100 lists; and especially the ones who don't make threads at all and just lurk.

It's funny

I hope you don't read those titles attached...

Veeky Forums's primary concern is having other anons rate their book stacks, which they've carefully crafted from a selection of meme books that they only pretend to like because it furthers some delusion that liking X thing makes you a "patrician." (see "special snowflake")

/mu/ is very much the same way. You really should lurk more.

> Are we seriously just a hivemind of bitter people who can't even accept that other people don't like the same books we do?

Yes. That's academics. Everybody's constantly shitting on each other. That's how it works. That what makes it good.

Both /mu/ and /tv/ are worse, especially because their insults come from the mouths of children and retards

This.
Veeky Forums is, unfortunately, a testing grounds for the intellectually weak who seek validation. /r9k/ comes here to hang on to the last scrap of legitimacy they have- being white. If they can start a bait thread trashing non-whites and women by mumbling "Ulysses" at every rebuttal, then by whatever strenuous connection they can feel a vicarious legitimacy through white male authors because they too are white dudes and that somehow makes them worthwhile.
same for /pol/.
They just come here to fling shit.
Then there's the occasional redditor trying to 'fit in with the guys'

Somebody got their feelings hurt.

Veeky Forums is full of dickheads who hate themselves, don't take it so personally

Books are heavy time and effort investments and i can't handle it. When another poster finishes a book all i can read is "look at me, i bought read and finished this, and you never will" so i like to put down their choices in reading material to feel better about my own. I also only read Veeky Forums memes because this gives better assurance that what i read WILL be discussed by others daily.

>Why is Veeky Forums so unremittingly hostile?
Because your thread is meta wankery and not about literature. Try again, or better yet, don't.

i've never gone into /tv/ since watching tv is the most pleb thing a person can do, /mu/ is pretty lame and thinks teenage fangirl tier music blogging is meaningful aesthetic critique, oh u know who also sucks? Veeky Forums, they think they are these patrish dudes with great taste, but i know nerds when i see em, their fancy for "goth ninja" shit gives away their true "euphoric" selves, occasionally there might be a gay guy with a decent sense of style, but usually it's a buncha fuckin betas who read in some PUA blog that they need to step their "whatever PUA fags call clothes" game up or whatever

>I also only read Veeky Forums memes

dude u gotta read the memes, sure, but also do some hella obscure shit to drop like a bomb when some mr. read-it-all starts showing off

i love you op :)

as someone who browses /mu/, this board isn't as bad in terms of hostility.

I'd say /a/ is the most hostile board

people are pretty nice until you tell them ulysses is bad

I was under the impression that this was the marijuana board

user's in this thread are right.

Literally just fucking lurk. It honestly won't take more than 2 weeks for you to immerse yourself relatively well into Veeky Forums as opposed to other boards because it's so condensed here

Ulysses is not bad but everything else Joyce wrote fucking sucks, I'm sorry but Dubliners and Portrait are just vacant

>Why is Veeky Forums so unremittingly hostile?
>Let's be real, this is likely the most hostile board on Veeky Forums.
Have you been on /v/? At least here ATTEMPTS are made at discussion

>Veeky Forums
>academics

TOP REEE

>I was under the impression that this was the marijuana board

; ; ;

;

;

;, ;

RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a prime example of what OP's talking about.

speaking of /mu/ it's 12:00AM is the new Weeknd album on Apple Music yet?

And... IT IS. The singles sucked, but Secrets is the sickest song in a minute.

Actually, ever since I signed up for Apple Music i stopped going on /mu/, Apple Music recommend me more patrishian shit, and i don't have to try to download it off some megaupload/zippyshare fag site, just stream it straight to mine iPhone and on to me Apple Watch.

true.

>Ulysses
>White Literature
>Not Gimmicky Ethnic Lit about ME LUCKY CHARMS

no

>"See, these guys I don't like, they're are all obsessed with being white and male. Whiteness and maleness obsesses them. They can't stop thinking about it. In fact, they'll take any opportunity to bring it up in conversation. They'll come to any board and respond to any topic with something that somehow relates to the issue of identity politics and their identity, and how mad they are at others for not having their identity. They just can't stop obsessing about how white and male they are."
>"Uh.. I see.. What does that that have to do with people being sarcastic at the book club, though?"

Do you not see the irony?

I see how you reduced it into a conveniently bite-sized false dichotomy for your little boy mouth.