In N Out. Is it really what a Hamburgers all about?

In N Out. Is it really what a Hamburgers all about?
What does /co/ think of their burger and terrible fries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qujuFOOiwJk
cookout.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finally had them after years of mild curiousity. It was indistinct, unremarkable, average in every way, but worst of all disappointing due to the mysterious hype that surrounds the brand.

It's overhyped. It's really just above Mcdonalds because of the fact that they never freeze their ingredients. Long lines and Californians go apeshit over the animal style (Thousand Island Ranch dressing) fries.

i counted over 20 cars in the drivethru. it's like a higher class version of mcds with a pared down menu. if i want a good burger i'm still going to five guys. if i want a better version of a shit fast food burger along with disgusting cali car culture cheery service vibe i'll go to in-n-out (rare(.

Californians such as myself are the only ones that truly know the secret behind In-N-Out. Filthy outlanders such as those above me aren't able to unlock the full potential hidden inside our burgers so when they drive all the way over here and get their filthy foreign mouths on it they are surprised that it isn't instantly an 11/10 and spit it out in agony as their tastebuds are completely unaccustomed to handling In-N-Out.

>All these faggots basing their opinions solely on whether or not it'll make them look like a retarded hipster chode
youtube.com/watch?v=qujuFOOiwJk
strip away all the shit surrounding the burger entirely and people still think it's got the quality behind it

I'd say it's a bit overblown, but it's not bad either. They make a solid burger for a chain joint.

I got a double double animal style tonight while I was drunk and it was an incredible experience.

It's consistently cheap and fresh and the animal sauce is good. Not much more to it.

Think Chick Fil A does McDonalds.
Friendly prompt service with fresh ingredients and very simple menu.

>/co/
you should go the fuck back to that shithole

the burgers are 10/10 but the fries are 3/10

They make a decent burger. The fries are Wendy's level of plain and limp. Order them extra crispy.

Standard greasy burger, not bad but not great either.

Finally had them, last year. Pretty disappointing. Cheese was good, lettuce was good, bun was weirdly toasted all the way to toast-level, actual beef was completely flavorless. Definitely not worth waiting in their huge ass lines for.

They are decent but in reality it is just another fast food joint.

People who go nuts for thousand island ranch are actually mentally ill.

It's OK, but I'm not waiting in that line

>plastic "american" cheese
Why do this? Culver's cheddar cheese is always top tier
I suggest coming to Wisconsin instead and taste a REAL burger.

>>Culver's
>>Top tier.

Lol. It's a step up from kraft singles, sure. But top tier? Not even close.

We serve food here, sir.

it's my favorite burger mostly cause I grew up eating it, but sure there are better burgers. I don't try and sell it as the second coming of christ to people who come to visit though

When I was in SF being disappointed by InO, I ran across a great local chain called SuperDuper Burger. It's basically a Shake Shack clone (right down to the buzzers that tell you when your order is ready), but they did use cheddar instead of American.

OTOH, A burger and shake there was ~$12 vs. $6 at InO. OTOOH, the shake was way better than InO's too.

Steak n Shake is superior.

Tried it once, maybe twice once when I was in California. I thought it was godly, I'm from the East Coast. Loved the animal style on everything. Would eat again.

It's stupidly overhyped by westcoast faggots. I moved out here and had them, aside from being a bit cheaper than some places there isn't anything special about them.

It's more of "I know you don't have this near you so it's the best thing since sliced bread". I'd personally rather go to a cook-out over in-n-out

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best burger around that so many west coasters claimed it was.

I like it. I also like Fatburger and Whataburger.

Hurr hurr would you also rather go to a barbecue than Arby's? What a retarded comparison. In N Out is good but how is any fast food supposed to surpass a cookout?

Had it a few days ago in San Antonio. Wasn't bad. Wasn't amazing either. Had a double double, animal style w animal style fries. Would order again but not the froes. The thousand island dressing is too overpowering on the fries.

They're a better value than McDonalds or Burger King or whatever. Good, but overhyped to death. Still fast food that cannot compare to a real burger.

The lines aren't that bad in AZ thankfully because we don't get as many gullible tourists.

Cook-out is a fast food place you moron cookout.com/

Steak n Shake definitely punches above its weight class.

I'm not even sure this is true now that McDonalds does all day breakfast. I'd rather go get a steak egg and cheese bagel than go to In n Out

>east coast only

Nice try faggot but east coast fags should leave this thread, they don't have InO's on the east coast

>It's impossible for people to have been more than one place in their lifetime

West coasters everybody.

who the fuck names their place cookout? moronic eastcoasters

>all the way over here

There's 3 within 10 minutes of me in Dallas.

Great burger for $4, and it's my cheap go-to place, but you have to admit it's overhyped.

If you're in the bay area, get Nation's instead. Their burgers are fantastic and they also have pies

You should just be getting 3 Banh Mi for $10 from Roll n Go, way better deal

Holy shit I ate there too was some really good shit

You've obviously never had the animal-style fries if that's all that you think they are.

one of the least controlled experiments ever

>Thousand Island Ranch dressing and chopped onions
What a complex and unique flavor, twat.

Overhyped. It was the most average burger I've ever had

Former in n out employee

AMA

went to socal this january, my first time there
in n out was really good, but yeah the line was huge
then again my whole experience in orange county was waiting in lines
it was just a hamburger made with good fresh ingredients, there's not really gonna be such a thing as a transcendent hamburger made by a highschooler for minimum wage
animal style fries are genius tho

What the fuck, the Wendy's by me has god-tier fries nowadays. When was the last time you went?

>If you're in the bay area, get Nation's instead.
Eh they're sameish, at least their shakes are better. Pies are alright.