Salt, the original salary and the only kind of ore we mine to consume bodily. Everybody living needs it...

Salt, the original salary and the only kind of ore we mine to consume bodily. Everybody living needs it. How do you sodium chloride, user? Bonus, no himalayan pink shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jch.12994/full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea
youtube.com/watch?v=yHjYxgvnMEE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>and the only kind of ore we mine to consume bodily
So PCl is not mined?

>general seasoning
Diamond Crystal kosher salt.
>finishing
Coarse local sea salt for fish and seafood, Maldon salt for most other finishing

Pretty sure cavemen didnt operate salt mines, so how did they get salt

They got it from the food they ate?

Diamond Krystals Kosher Salt, all day errry day...

I lick the sweat off my arms.

Foods naturally dont have much if any sodium

Did I say I say they had mined it before mining?

Ancient people (Pre Neolithic) got all the sodium they needed from a diet rich in red meat and fish. Once agriculture became a thing and diets changed to primarily grain and vegetables, the harvesting of salt became commonplace.

Animal flesh and blood

And entirely possibly that they noticed animals licking certain rocks and made the connection

Humans don't need more sodium than what is naturally present in food. More than that amount is harmful. Nearly all salt that humans eat is pissed right out. The only exception is if you sweat a shit ton

I snort it. Wtf is this thread

Just normal salt in normal bag for cooking, no kosher, pink or whatever salt bullshit. Then some salt that has big crystals, i use it for sandwitches, or as spice when i need just a bit.

You don't know this. There were certainly thriving trade networks in pre-Neolithic Europe, and it's entirely possible that salt was traded.

I don't eat it, I just bought it because it looks pwetty.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jch.12994/full
>Population salt intake for communities with diets that do not have added salt are nearly all below 1 g of sodium (2.5 g of salt) per day.[71-73] So, although sodium is required for proper bodily function, the minimum physiological amount required is

> in the few remaining hunter-gatherer populations where they do, BP does not rise with age and hypertension and CVD are uncommon.

I think this has a lot more to do with these people living a natural chill lifestyle compared to the rat race we got ourselves into.

I LOVE black lava salt, could care less for pink pink memealayan sea salt or fleur de meme but black salt is great

>>everyday seasoning
Diamond Crystal - a buck a lb at GFS
>>Brine/fine salt
Morton pickling salt - 3 bucks for 4lbs walmart
>>fancy "finishing" shit
Maldon flake salt - target - as fancy as I get.

If you look at a map, you will find that there is a lot of salty sea water around all the land bits.

>I never said trading didn't exist
>I never said salt wasn't being harvested

I only posited the most widely accepted theory shared by virtually every anthropologist of how ancient man got sodium from his hunter-gatherer diet. It's accepted EVERYWHERE that when agriculture became prevalent approximately 13,000 BCE, so did the harvesting of salt.

Remember what mommy said, don't assume because it makes an ass of you and me.

How many times are you going to edit your post?

As many times as I want to, r-tard :3c

It's almost like you were doing research while posting. Almost...

I don't see you adding anything remotely colorful or relevant to the conversation. I accept when I make mistakes and fix them accordingly.

Get back to lurking ya faggot and let the big boys talk. Shoo, away with you.

Did you have to put on your big boy panties for that one?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea

Most hunter-gatherer civilizations usually didn't eat their food salted before the agricultural age. Even then, spicing the food was uncommon.

In Denmark, harvesting salt from the sea, has been common for thousands of years. Real "simmer salt" (sydesalt) is, however, considered a specialty today.
Up until around 1400-1500, this was the most common way to harvest salt in Denmark.

It's not hard to do on your own... You just need a square, metal container (as much surface area for the water as possible), a tool (essentially two sticks formed to a T, the top of the T as wide as your container), a fire.and ordinary sea water.
You might need to McGuyver up a solid rig for the container to stand on.

1. Filter/strain the seawater to get out small bits of seaweed and most of the dirt.
2. pour the seawater into the container and put the container over the fire.
3. let the water come to a steady boil. Take off any scum and floating dirt/algae
4. Once every 15-20 minutes, use the T-tool to scrape salt off the container and stir up the water (else the salt will stick to your container)
5. Repeat scraping with the T-tool until the water has boiled away (may take a few hours depending on surface area).

To make bigger batches, just add more seawater to the container

you now have fresh, homemade sea salt, made Viking style.

Optional: put the finished salt in a smoker to obtain smoked sea salt. This not only does wonders on chips and fries, but also on any food you wish to give a slight smoky note, like white fish.

In my country "salt" is often replaced with a mix of iodined salt, msg, sugar, garlic powder and ground pepper.
It's still mostly salt though.

This is wrong. Even Deer will lick up salty plants with zero calories because their normal food won't have enough salt. It's why barn animals have salt licks. The body needs a lot of sodium to maintain. Only recently has sodium been at a confident level in our food

>all mammals have the same dietary needs
Awesome memes right here boys

Your mum's an ore.

>the only kind of ore we mine to consume bodily
Have you ever had corn flakes?
Kellogg's contracts an iron mine exclusively to fortify their cereals with the iron ore.

Mined and packed in my home country. Pakis don't get anything from me.
Consumption: with iodine added.
Preserves: plain white.

Iodined salt, so I don't get goiters

good info noko

Veeky Forums fact-checkers are out tonight i like it

Bump for sweet salty chewy...put it away boy!

hello! this is chef john from fooooood wishes dot commm withhhhh...

Korea?

And when they did encounter it, they probably reacted like vid related (at 6:30):

youtube.com/watch?v=yHjYxgvnMEE