Would someone here explain the purpose of mosquitoes within an ecosystem?

Would someone here explain the purpose of mosquitoes within an ecosystem?

What would be the consequences of getting rid of these niggers?

>purpose

hello, Aristotle

it keeps humans under check

There's probably more than one form of life like lizards or frogs (maybe birds?) that feed from them.

It serves as a reminder that you are but a pointless bloodbag whose only use is as food to an equally useless and extremely annoying glying subspecies of gypsy.

the ecosystem services they provide (as prey) can in fact be provided by other R-selected species... but their close ties to water (as larvae) makes them a big aquatic food source.

so we probably do need them. not to say they couldnt be replaced, but its not a good idea.

>r/K

I watched Molymeme too!

Male mosquitoes feed on plants so pollination maybe?

There is no purpose, the ecosystem just reached an equilibrium as a result of their existence.

Spreading disease prevents 1 species from becoming too dominant ensuring biodiversity, so this .

>what is the food chain?

they're like viruses. They only exist to annoy and kill humans and other animals

>lol but it was defended by a man who is on my blacklist because politics
R/k is a way to describe types of behaviour in terms of reproductive strategy. In many cases the reasoning is pretty solid.

r/K isnt perfect, but its stil widely used as a descriptive term in the biological sciences, faggot

mosquitos and flies are the classic r selected species. so i refer to them as that for the purpose of my point - flies can replace the terrestrial ecosystem services of mozzies, but not the aquatic.

problem ?

Aak God

Ask God

lol, look at this fucking shitksin brainlet cant even spell a three letter word and he's getting euphoric on a romulan aircraft carrier luncheon

They move nutrients from land to the water. Helps feed the fish

Even if you got rid of those little niggers would be replaced by some other parasite. Look at human civilization, we are loaded down with human parasites everywhere, priests and politicians to name a couple. This book will change how you look at life on earth.

>I am retarded, so I think r/K is somehow racist and is not real!

Both viruses and mosquitoes accelerate evolution.

I'm just waiting for /pol/ to pop in and ask the same question about the blacks. We all know it's coming

Mosquitoes spread diseases. They help to kill the young and ill. They are the ultimate ALPHA killers, without them the ecosystem would suffer. Sort of like how returning Wolves (alpha killers), helped the ecosystem of western USA.

I've heard you could get rid of all the mosquitoes and no creatures would suffer. They are not the sole food source for any predator.

They are one step above humans in the predator chain.

Science doesn't answer to WHY. Science answers to how.

Would someone here explain the purpose of humans within an ecosystem?