Dream Interpretation

Are there any good books on this? Aside from psychoanalytic/Freud stuff which as I'm hesitant to look at, as he seems to boil everything down to something sexual.

Moreover, is there anything on whether we *should* interpret dreams or not? I know in recent years, dreams have been generally dismissed or 'explained away' as random/meaningless images that emerge from our memory whilst asleep, but I'm not so sure.

The reason I'm asking is because of a recent and surprisingly lucid dream I had. I only have about 1-2 dreams a year that I can clearly remember when I wake up, and no more than 10 dreams in total throughout the year in general (as far as I can tell). The dream went roughly as follows:

>I was pursuing some girl, but she was being/playing hard to get - not in terms of distance, we were with each other the whole time, but in terms of intimacy.
>We went up some cramped winding stairs to a tattoo place, where I sat between some odd people on a couch while she got a tattoo on her right shoulder.
>Then we left the tattoo room and went to another room, where she was being/playing hard to get again, although we did manage to kiss - and then I woke up.

Never had a dream like that before desu. Anyone able to interpret?

>there's a book out there who is perfect for me, rendering this thread meaningless, but I don't want to read it because I have a stupid misconception about it

What book?

And I've read some of Freud's cases such as Rat Man. The conclusions struck me as pretty dumb.

Literally 'the Interpretation of Dreams' dumbass.

This.

Reminder to never respond to these stupid frog fucks in the future

>as he seems to boil everything down to something sexual.

1. Freud focused a lot on sex but it's not everything. That's just a meme.
2. Why should this concern you so deeply? You're obviously represing something here.

>The conclusions struck me as pretty dumb.

Opposed to what? Mystifcal and profound
Dreams are dumb, Freud understood this

>Are there any good books on this?
No. Look up ancient oneirocritica if you want to understand why anyone else's interpretation will be ultimately irrelevant to you; Freud is closer in time but too narrow-minded and goal-oriented to be of significance

>and no more than 10 dreams in total throughout the year in general (as far as I can tell)
You have dreams every night (unless you severely lack sleep or do drugs 24/7). Those you do remember may not even be the most striking so much as those most able to make you wake up in a confused state, or most able to connect to something that will make you recall them during the day. You remembering one dream and not a hundred others does not mean the dream matters.

>I don't want to read Freud, he makes everything about sex.
>Help me interpret this dream I had about pursuing a girl.

Spot on. had a philosophy class on Freud, not everything he says comes back to sexual meaning

NO
THERE ARE NO GOOD BOOKS ON DREAM INTERPRETATION
ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THAT SHIT IS AN IDIOT

>dreams have zero (0) analytical value

You're just as stupid as the Jungians position

Ty for the blog update

go on.

I had a particularly intense dream last night and despite going over it repeatedly in my half-woken state this morning, I can no longer remember even a single scene. Why am I so bad at dream recall, Veeky Forums?

>obviously repressing something
Le freudian repressing meme xDDDDD

dude, i had the weirdest dream, i dreamt i was awake but looking at the back of my eyelids and there it looked like a dust storm and there was like some dudes face that looked like a drawing by michaelangelo, you know those ones with the orange pencil. and he was like blowing wind out of his mouth and shit, i was like woah wtf, did i take acid? why am i tripping balls? but it was all a dream

Write them down when you wake up.

you have to keep pen and paper beside your bed and write it down right after waking up.

I don't think there's any hidden meaning in your dream. As said, just because a dream is clear doesn't mean it is important.

At a stretch, it might mean 2 things:

1) You're lusting after someone who isn't really returning the favour. They're only giving into your advances after a disproportionate amount of effort, and perhaps only reluctantly.

2) You're pursuing this person into uncomfortable/unusual situations.

THANK YOU.

What a basic bitch interpretation. It doesn't surprise me that Freud wanted to go deeper.

>le neurosis isn't real

lol if u think that freud is stupid because he boils everything down to something sexual it proves his point

It's actually a pretty sound interpretation tbqh

>bad at dream recall
you can actually get better by practicing

OP is obv. a dumbfuck, and hating on Freud is what plebs think is cool nowadays, but are there any other books on dreams and interpretation of dreams that provide an update to Freud's theories or a different, legit, outlook, i mean it's been ~100 years since Freud.

No. Read him. Time is irrelevant.

i've read him and i think he's a p. great thinker, but i want something else, too

Post dreams lads

>trying to fuck a chick
>she calls my dad thiccc
>now he's standing to my right

>dreaming about internet memes

kill yourself

>go into a house to do some work
>two children are there, boy and a girl
>they start asking what I'm doing
>say I'm there to work
>they says "but you've been here for hours"
>I say "nah, I just got here"