Normies think this shit number is actually found in nature

>normies think this shit number is actually found in nature
>normies think this is proof that god exists or mathematics is discovered
>schools don't even bother to rectify those statements and it keeps spreading for centuries
How do you deal with this crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

ms.unimelb.edu.au/~segerman/papers/sunflower_spiral_fibonacci_metric.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well it is proof of God, so you're wrong

The only time I've seen it mentioned in an educational setting was a passing reference in middle school and then some mention of it in art class. The hype is mostly popsci shows and magazines.

Is there anything special about this number besides the self-scaled rectangle thing?

>Dude did you know that every number is contained in pi?
>Humans have five senses
>taste is mapped strongly to different areas on the tongue
What other misconceptions were you taught in school Veeky Forums?

Just WAIT till it's discovered that Pi is FINITE and starts repeating.

>when you're so angsty against religion and your parents that you close your eyes to the mystical beauty of the universe and think you're enlightning yourself

Well said brother. Judgement and abstract/concept/box thinking blinds people so badly

>math is the language of the universe

Show me the golden ratio in nature

I mean, it's proven that it won't.

Until that proof is proven wrong, brainlet.

>I know what normies think
No, you do not.

I mayjerd in pree allgibraw

The golden ratio is when I piss in ur moms mouth..... heeehaww

Overhyped and misundertstood by normies, yeah, but it does appear in nature frequently in the form of the Fibonacci sequence. People like to meme about seashells and the bones in your body following the Fibonacci sequence and adhering to the golden ratio, but it's a common growth pattern for pretty much anything biological.

I've still yet to see any Fibonacci stuff in nature. All anyone shows me are spirals which aren't even related, they're mostly just logarithmic spirals with some other ratio.

It has a really nice looking continued fraction, and it's part of the closed-form formula for the Fibonacci sequence. That's about it.

>abstract thinking blinds people so badly
Wish you druggies would fuck off with the /pol/-fags and the millenials.

>waaaha i hate normies help me be maximally contrarian
Fuck off

I don't know what your criteria is but there are very very many examples of the golden ratio in nature. Let me guess, if it can't be carried to the 600th digit it's not there?

Stop being an elitist homo. Give a Monkey a Brain etc ...

>Humans have five senses
>taste is mapped strongly to different areas on the tongue
what kind of shit school teach that ?

The self-scaled rectangle thing is a property of logarithmic spirals in general. This meme number only corresponds to one case.

For similar reasons φ shouldn't be considered special just because it's somehow intricately connected with the Fibonacci sequence, since the Fibonacci sequence itself is but a special case of linear recurrence relations in general. Every linear recurrence relation will have its own φ corresponding to the limit of the ratio of consecutive terms in the sequence it generates.

You could maybe consider it special for its prevalence in geometry and tessellations. The reason for this prevalence really boils down to the fact that φ is the solution to a nice small quadratic. Lots of numbers solve quadratics but being the solution to a particularly simple one does make it slightly more important, I grant it that.

Where the number is actually mathemtically significant is in observation that φ is the 'most irrational' irrational number, in the sense its convergents do not approximate it as well as the convergents of other irrational numbers do. The gist of it is, if you desire to approximate irrational numbers using 'small' fractions with denominators that do not exceed a given size, you will find that the error between your irrational number and the best fraction you can find never exceeds the error you get if you do the same thing with φ. That is to say, φ is the worst number of approximate with rationals.

>Cut a pie into 3 radius sized sections
>measure the remaining piece
>piece has a finite distance
>therefore 3-pi is rational number

Why are mathematicians so autistic?

math is the language of your mind

Close-packing theorem. It is found in nature, as it's the most efficient way of packing things.
ms.unimelb.edu.au/~segerman/papers/sunflower_spiral_fibonacci_metric.pdf

I'm not sure f they are the same, but I think upper case phi represents the area underneath the curve of a normal probability distribution

Although using the Fibonacci sequence as a means to explain god's existence is faulty, I'm not sure what else is a problem with phi. You can clearly see it in nature and most constructs that are pleasing to human eye contain the essence of the golden ratio.

It seems like that just explains an application for the golden ratio, and not an alternate hypothesis.

>Until that proof is proven wrong
>what is mathematics

>what is mathematics
A miserable little pile of axioms

that sounds like a problem with 5^1/2 and not φ

>muh fibonacci is actually in the golden ratio
But it's not. It just approximates it a bit.

The constant k = √5 is the best possible for the Hurwitz bound [math]| x - p/q | < \frac{1}{k q^2}[/math] if it is to hold universally for all natural numbers q for any irrational x. ϕ is the number that saturates this universal bound.

>literally any logarithmic spiral found in nature. i.e. any natural process that follows an expansion of a Fibonacci sequence or self scales (plant growth, hurricanes)
>math can't prove or disprove a baseless claim. Also, Gödel's incompleteness theorem.
>people don't know better and don't bother looking into these things

it's a sequence more than it is a number.