To roast garlic: place whole heads in a pan with 1/4” water, cover with foil, and roast in a 325F oven for 1 hour

To roast garlic: place whole heads in a pan with 1/4” water, cover with foil, and roast in a 325F oven for 1 hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ez8wH827Dog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Parmesan crisps: finely grate Parmigiano-Reggiano and distribute it in a single layer on parchment or a silpat and bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown at 325F.

Aren't you supposed to cut the tops off and brush with olive oil

Move your parmesan crisps to a paper towel; they will harden as they cool.

There are different methods. This one works well.

if you're not a goddamn idiot then yes you should do exactly that

Garlic confit: cover garlic cloves with olive oil and heat. When bubbles begin to form turn heat to the lowest setting and let simmer for ~20 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t burn.

Alright, well I look forward to the results then.

After an hour your roasted garlic should smell sweat and be soft to the touch; allow it to cool.

Drop the water, slice the top of the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt, and I agree.

Sausage ingredients (clockwise from the far left): palm sugar (around 15 seconds of finely grating), sweet rice flour (a light snow), baking powder (a pinch), red bean curd (1 curd), fish sauce (a couple glugs), cinnamon (a pinch), white pepper (a couple dashes), shrimp (a dozen medium runts), egg white (1), Chinese sausage (1, made with duck liver), Serrano chili (1, seeded), scallion (1 large), garlic (5 cloves).

After 20 minutes take your garlic oil off the heat and add a sprig of rosemary, a bay leaf, a dozen black pepper corns, and a big pinch of red pepper flakes. Allow it to come to room temperature.

Blend all your sausage ingredients until they look like…

…this. Cover and chill for an hour or two.

When your roasted garlic is cool to the touch, scalp it and squeeze out the golden nuggets.

Steaming it without cutting off the top gives it a milder and sweeter flavor. Different methods for different uses.

When your onion confit is cool, remove the rosemary and bay leaf and roughly blend the oil/garlic/pepper corns. Roughly whisk the juice of half a lemon, one freshly minced garlic clove, a bunch of diced cilantro stems, and three anchovy fillets. Whisk in the garlic confit oil to create an emulsified dressing.

what the fuck is going on here

Grill scallions; be sure to pay more attention to the bottoms.

Toss your grilled scallions with the onion confit dressing and allow to marinate.

Form your sausage mixture into quenelles and pan grill.

Mark each side twice and they should be perfectly cooked.

Garlic Shrimp & Duck Liver Lap Ceung Sausage Cabbage Cups, Garlic Confit Marinated Grilled Scallions, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Crisps.

(It's for the challenge, and I started drinking early on in the process.)

yeah OP fucked up

>quenelles
c'est raciste

>sausage ingredients
>chinese sausage

It came uncooked, has minimal ingredients, and I removed the casing. It's basically a pre-ground meat mixture, and was only one of a dozen ingredients.

Call it a shortcut if you want, but I wasn't going to buy five different cuts of meat to make two servings of sausage. Anyway, I highly recommend checking this stuff out; the turkey and duck liver add an extra funk to any dish you add it to, and it's really inexpensive.

literally hot dogs bravo wa la cucking with jack tier

J'ai vécu à Lyon pendant 6 mois et je me suis formé brièvement avec un chef français avec lequel Thomas Keller s'est entraîné au début de sa carrière. Je vais faire tous les quenelles que je veux et il n'y a rien que vous pouvez faire à ce sujet.

And how do you propose I eat this?

>The idea is to eat the parmesan crisp first and then eat the lettuce cup. The crisp has a dab of fig preserves behind the roasted garlic, and the red bit is a bird’s eye chili, so it’s a sweet and spicy bite, while the sausage and scallion is more salty and bitter, and has more of an aggressive garlic bite.

youtube.com/watch?v=ez8wH827Dog

Looks good.

Just make sure not to use extra virgin

>make sure not to use extra virgin

True. But a small amount of heat sensitive oil will burn on a shitty element left unattended.

cut off the top wrap it in foil with a little oil, put it in the oven for 45 minutes
no need for a pan or especially water
its called roasted not boiled

Nice effort user. The parmesan crisp confused me though, strong cheese seems like it would clash with the otherwise mostly Chinese flavours.

Stop trying to backpedal on your fuckup. You're supposed to slice the top off and you know that.

they look like little corsairs desu, boat/10 would eat

Cut them in half, put them on grill for 5-15 mins (till cloves are soft)

>a small amount of heat sensitive oil will burn on a shitty element left unattended

Hence the warning not to let it burn.

Leftover time.

First heat your spinach wrap over your gas element. You do have a gas stove, don't you?

Cilantro, serrano, tomato.

Cabbage, sausage, cock sauce, kewpie.

Soap bush, best fruit, green habaneros.

Wrap it up and enjoy.

(This was actually better than the original dish, but wasn't as garlic-centric.)

>spinach wrap

So is that a corn or flour tortilla with pureed spinach added as the liquid?

>Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Interesterified Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and/or Palm Oil), and contains 2% or less of: Seasoning (Spinach Powder, Onion Powder, Spice, Salt, Garlic Powder, Soybean Oil, Artificial Color [FD&C Yellow #5 Lake, FD&C Blue #1 Lake], Natural and Artificial Flavor, Silicon Dioxide), Salt, Sugar, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate and/or Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Calcium Sulfate), Preservatives (Calcium Propionate, Sorbic Acid and/or Citric Acid), Distilled Monoglycerides, Enzymes, Wheat Starch, Calcium Carbonate, Antioxidants (Tocopherols, Ascorbic Acid), Cellulose Gum, Dough Conditioners (Fumaric Acid, Sodium Metabisulfite and/or Mono- and Diglycerides).

Fuck yeah, 'murrica!

>broad noodle pickled vegetable and artificial beef flavor

Instant noodle time.

Good god, sorry I asked. How is that shit even legal but I can get 5 years with Tyrone as my cellmate for 1/2 oz of pot in my state?

Really works the old noggin'.

You should see the crap they eat in France when they're not buying their bread from a boulangerie.

Everywhere is seedy if you don't look too closely.

What's inside the package.

why do weebs have to ruin everything with japshit?

Christ. Surely it'd be cheaper to just dump some ground up spinach into the dough.

...And we're out the gate with a strong challenge entry

Why?

I'd assume smoke point. Ive never done this with just olive oil, but add a bit of olive oil to butter to increase its smoke point. This shit is a magic addition to stew/braise

They are retarded. Confit garlic should never reach the smoke point of extra virgin olive oil. Otherwise you aren't doing a confit at all, you are deep frying garlic.

If you are using temperatures of anything much more than lightly simmering the moisture out of the garlic, you are doing ti completely wrong.

>tfw one of your parmesan crisps turns into rosemary

What's inside the package inside the bowl.

Water, nice and hot.

Cover and wait.

Wa la.

Make it look like the picture on the package.

No pickled vegetables, beef, or peppers. Use kimchi, ragu, and laoganma instead.

Microwave cooking is hard.

>putting sauce in a microwave

Explain why you think that's a problem.

Chili cheese tots and bacon cheeseburger.

Burger comes with fried onion strings and "red eye" gravy made with espresso stout.

this is really weird but I'm sure it'd taste fine

your life is one big problem

agreed

Mediocre chicken "Mediterranean" salad from a bar where the only things you should order are liquor and a trip to the glory hole.

I chuckled, m8

Because a bunch of spooky sounding words doesnt make the product bad for you.

Time to start working on losing that beer belly in time for Summer.

>unsweetened vanilla almond milk
>pomegranate juice
>frozen blueberries
>frozen strawberries
>frozen peaches (from the backyard)
>half a banana

Thanks Alton!

someone give me a quick rundown on the challenge what is this?

good job