Why do people have their brains turn off when confronted by math above arithmetic? It's so consistent, too

Why do people have their brains turn off when confronted by math above arithmetic? It's so consistent, too.

That's what the term "mind-numbingly boring" means.

that is a problem of instant velocity

Brain turned off? You can solve it if you have the formula memorized, if you don't you can't. This has nothing to do with your brain being on or off.

Is the answer 0.72 ft/min? I'm rusty on related rates

Related rates are so much easier after learning implicit derivation but my teacher introduced them to use without implicit devs it sucked

I lied, redid it and got 0.35 instead

Lel. You need a formula to solve that?

Must be a stamp collector...

Arithmetic is about numbers so most people get that but Math is about letters pretending to be numbers but you don't know which ones so its kind of like Hide n go Seek. After a certain age you outgrow it.

i really hope I'm not doing your fucking homework for you but does someone wanna tell me what I'm doing wrong?

v = πr^2h/3
dv/dt = πr^2/3 * dh/dt
plug and chug, solve for dh/dt
somewhere around .95 ft/min?

nice thinly veiled attempt at getting us to do your homework for you, faggot

it's 1/pi ft/min

why are you trying to do a partial derivative.

Why not?

>it's another episode of user tricks Veeky Forums into doing his homework

Are you a brainlet? The radius doesn't stay constant.

Because this problem is boring as fuck.

Its a spiral curve you retard faggot.
You're in the big leagues now could you fucking play like it?

I guess because most people aren't goal orientated so when you first start to learn it, everyone wants an instant pay off, when that doesn't come they quickly lose interest. Then when they come to be goal orientated they, probably, just lack the motivation to learn it ("I'm too old" or whatever). It's really nothing more than people reaching their teenage years and then...being teenagers.

Also with regards that question:

First notice that [eqn] dv = \frac { \partial v } { \partial r } dr + \frac { \partial v } { \partial h } dh \\ \implies \frac { d v } { d t } = \frac { \partial v } { \partial r } \frac { dr } { dt } + \frac { \partial v } { \partial h } \frac { dh } { dt } [/eqn] Now [math] \dot { r } [/math] can be related to [math] \dot { h } [/math] by: [eqn] \frac { dr } { dt } = \frac { dr } { dh } \cdot \frac { d h } { dt } [/eqn]
But since this is just a cone, then the radius will vary constantly with h, so [eqn] \frac { dr } { dt } = c \frac { dh } { dt } [/eqn] Where c is just some dimensionless constant. So [eqn] \frac { d v } { d t } = c \frac { \partial v } { \partial r } \frac { dh } { dt } + \frac { \partial v } { \partial h } \frac { dh } { dt } = \left ( c \frac { \partial v } { \partial r } + \frac { \partial v } { \partial h } \right ) \frac { dh } { dt } [/eqn]We also know that [math] \dot { v } [/math] is a constant, so [eqn] \left ( c \frac { \partial v } { \partial r } + \frac { \partial v } { \partial h } \right ) \frac { dh } { dt } = \xi [/eqn]Therefore we have that [eqn] \frac { dh } { dt } = \frac { \xi } { \left ( c \frac { \partial v } { \partial r } + \frac { \partial v } { \partial h } \right ) } [/eqn]Where [math] \xi [/math] is a constant with units of [math] [ L^3 ][ T^{-1} ] [/math]. The units look as though they work, so I'm calling it solved.

Most math is not useful in a hunter gatherer situation our brains use logic to make us better hunters not be living computer. Most advanced math is needed for machinery like computers so calculus is alien to the average human brain as it hasnt evolved a way to use calculus in a hunter gatherer lifestyle.

There's no reason advertise how much of a brainlet you are faggot. Jesus Christ is any of that right?

Most people are mentally conditioned into pairing ""advanced" mathematics" with "defeat"

There is nothing wrong with that answer sir.

The radius isn't constant.

>water runs
>water
>runs
That doesnt make any sense. My brain stopped to analyze how water could run without legs

Is this right? Looks too complicated for such a simple problem.

the absolute madman actually did it

Radius is always half the height thanks to tangent being equal 1/2. dv/dh = 1/4*h^2*pie. Plug 6 feet and dv/9pie = dh. Diving by dt and dv/dt *1/9pie = dh/dt. Here we just plug 9 feet^3 per minute and arrive at

How would you solve this without the formula without knowing any more math than basic calculus?