QTDDTOT - Question that don't derseve their own thread

This is the /qtddtot/ general.
Ask question here.

Which philosopher said "you can't learn to walk by forgetting how to crawl"?

In Whatever by Michel Hollaback, it is mentioned that Taxi drivers are often hesistant about giving pregnant women about to give birth a ride to the hospital, unless the drivers are cambodian.
Why? Do cambodians have some superstition related to birth, or is it implied that they're just nicer?

what works are essential to becoming a writer
in terms of things to learn not books to read from
>topics as in character, plot, prose, etc

What the fuck does "naturalize" mean

I never really understand

Am I a retard, misunderstood, or ahead of my time?

I just finished thinking about this book
Has Veeky Forums ever read anything?

How would you rank the philosophers you know of from easiest to hardest?

what are some good collectors editions of books/series? my birthday is at Christmas, so I'm being pestered to give lots of ideas for gifts.

All I really want are some sturdy, aesthetically pleasing books that will look lovely on my book shelf and won't be falling apart after 10 years like my paperbacks are all doing.

What do you picture a girl looking like if she is described as "of agreeable appearance"?

Solid 7

When I'm falling asleep I'm able to come up with what seems like great writing in my head in a near continuous stream. Is this some Dali-esque zen like state of creativity or just delirium from being convincing me that what I'm thinking is good?

*from being tired?

what's the most Veeky Forums exercise?

Refrain from ever contriving to write any of it down and you can keep the illusion that it's both

1 Mana, destroy a minion. Your opponent draws two cards.

What are your personal recommendations?

Why does anons reply to Veeky Forums threads without reading them?

lie on your back, arm stretched out straight above you, book in hand. hold until you either finish the book or drop it on your face.

are the Chronicles of Narnia worth reading as an adult?

I missed out on them as a child, and they've always seemed from a distance to be solely appreciated by children.

Are the Cormoran Strike books worth reading? Are they adequately hard-boiled?

Lots of great thinkers get ideas in the state between sleep and awake.
Einstein (and I think Newton too) said he got most of his best ideas in this state.

Is all of the ship terminology in Moby Dick worth looking up? I googled every strange word for the first 100 pages or so, but got tired of interrupting reading for it. Am I missing anything?

mill druid bout to be cool

Probably considered good luck to witness a birth or some shit.

So you don't want to read a book(s) to learn how to write better? Try one of those magazines then.

Everyone has their quirks, and extra time away from others, especially in youth, leads to extra alienation/differentiations. You are (probably) just a typical special snow-flake. Enjoy.

I'm reading Moomins as a guilty pleasure. Wimpy Kid seems a little Captain Underpants tier for me.

The harder the more useless. Epicurus solved philosophy.

Brunette. Classy dresser. Wide hips.

Bicycling. Going back and forth to you books store or library.

If you're a Christian, you'll love them. If not, not so much.

pls respond

When reading existential comics, i was amused by this Sarte guy and his radical freedom. Which book should i check to get idea of what he's talking about?

>"you can't learn to walk by forgetting how to crawl"

Google search came up with MLK Jr.

what does lit think of vonnegut?
best book by him?

What is a good epub reader? For ages I've been avoiding epub and going for pdf. Its sad that some good epub books stay neglected. :(

P.S. I tried ice cream epub reader but bookmarks reset after closing

Any good books on learning/autodidactism?

What should I read from Jung?

Already read: Man and His Symbols, The Red Book, Aion (too hard)

High school literature.

Which one of you wieners almost got me to read this? It's awful.

If you've never read him, he's definitely worth a go. His books have an easy, bouncy prose style and they tend to be very short, so you can read them quickly. Yeah, it's not "Moby-Dick," and a lot of us loved Vonnegut in high school and college, but if you've never read him, why not?

"Sirens of Titan" is the most grounded, so it's a good place to start. I also was a big fan of "Cat's Cradle" and "Breakfast of Champions." For some reason I didn't like "Slaughterhouse-Five" as much, but that's his most popular, so you might try that.