Either/Or - Kierkegaard
Being and Time - Heidegger
The Myth of Sisyphus - Camus
The Plague - Camus
No Exit - Sartre
Existentialism is Humanism - Sartre
Notes from Underground - Dostoevsky
Waiting for Godot - Beckett

This is not exhaustive, but it will give you a feel for what Existentialism basically is and what its main ideas are. I would recommend picking up the book Existentialism: From Dostoevsky to Sartre. It has many of the readings I listed plus a ton more. Honestly, it's not a very deep philosophy but it is fun to contemplate.

I should add that some of these works (Myth of Sisyphus and Godot) are more in the realm of absurdism, which is not quite the same thing as existentialism but which has a lot of overlap.

Not OP but thanks for the list. I thought The Myth of Sisyphus sucked. I would replace it with Dostoevksy's Demons or a bunch of Kafka stories.

Add Journey to the End of Night instead of No Exit and Nausea instead of Existentialism and Humanism.

>Camus- The Stranger
>Camus- Myth of Sysiphus
>Sartre- Nausea
>Sartre- No Exit
>Dostoyevsky- Notes From Underground
>Dostoyevsky- Crime and Punishment
>Nietzsche- On the Geneology of Morals
>Nietzsche- Beyond Good and Evil
>Kierkegaard- Either/Or

Need Jesus yet? If yes:
>Dostoyevsky- The Brothers Karamazov
>Kierkegaard- Fear and Trembling
>Kierkegaard- Sickness Unto Death

If no:
>Sartre- Being and Nothingness
>Nietzsche- Thus Spake Zarathustra
>Nietzsche- Twilight of the Idols
>Heidegger- Being and Time

this is great but I would also add pascal somewhere in the "need jesus yet?" category.

Not by reading The Stranger and assuming that being a fucking edgy loser means your an existentialism.

The amount of people who misinterpret that book is astounding.

Existentialism is just the trilby of philosophy. It boils down to "we exist because we can" while giving off the air that being a dick is fine since "dude we exist now and won't later huehue."

OP here, Thank you sirs

What is you recommended patrician philosophy then?

No Exit is the essential crash-course in existentialism.

You already have into-ed it. You mean how do you get out of it, right?

Where is "The Ego and Its Own"?

I can tell you where it's not: under the category of "existentialism".

>le "Stirner is a nihilist" meme

Ernest hemingway
F. Scott Fitzgerald
William Faulkner
That dude who wrote the grapes of wrath.

>Stirner believes in spooks

I second this list and would like to add the plays Waiting for Godot, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and No Exit.

William Barrett's Irrational Man. The authoritative introduction to existentialism, by a cont phil prof at NYU, though I believe he's deceased now. I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned on Veeky Forums very much. It offers a historical overview of what existentialism is, how it developed (the conflict between Greek rationalism and Christian faith) up to its prominence during the Cold War era, and briefly covers the big ideas of Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Heidegger, and Sartre, and discusses how similar themes appear in literature such as Dost and Tolstoy. And of course why it's important.

WE DID IT /pol/. Bow down to the will of KEK Veeky Forums.

William Barret's "Irrational Man."

It is probably the best intro to existentialist philosophy ever written, and is very easy to read.

I didn't know that. I read Nausea and Existentialism is a Humanism as an intro but they sucked so I didn't bother with Sartre. Maybe I missed something by skipping No Exit.

Existentialist Philosophers out of 10:
Kierkegaard: 9/10
Heidegger: 9/10
Sartre: 5/10
Camus: 1/10

As it went on it got more fraudulent and idiotic. French philosophy is such garbage.

What is existebtialisn

Existentialist fiction is better than existentialist philosophy. Philosophy is fraudulent anyway so nothing of value is lost.

fuck off alisdair macintyre

A more accurate and more just definition would be "one is what one does, and one can always do"

I really hated just about everything i read by Sartre.
Nausea made me sick hehe

>Either/Or - Kierkegaard
i can't find this book fucking anywhere, no library or bookstore and I don't mess with .pdf stuff so what do

I can find it on Amazon in 5 seconds