Would Evangelion have made a good book?

Would Evangelion have made a good book?

I think it would have replaced Catcher in the Rye.

I said it yesterday, but read Franny and Zooey and Tiger Tiger simultaneously and it will feel exactly like watching Evangelion.

That's great but can you answer my question

again, it's basically a reimagining of gravity's rainbow, so sure I guess

I swear I didn't see your thread before I posted this

It's not Gravity's Rainbow just because it's the first serious piece of literature you've read.

Evangelion has a strong visual component tbqh, I do think the dialogues were perfectly written but it wouldn't feel the same.

nah dude, it all fucking fits if you sit down and think a little lol

Sorry, I can not do that

do the thinking for me please
you're not me imposter

What would the Instrumentality sequence in EoE read like?

give a man a fish...

give a man a made up fish...

It's all there man, you just have to open your eyes

>you will never have an IQ this low

>You will never read whatever you want into whatever you want
Man I wish I lived in a fantasy world too

I've heard that low IQ people cannot grasp reality and tend to daydream, some might say you ARE living in a fantasy world.

I don't see how. Its true they are both coming of age stories.

Catcher in the Rye is about being fed up with the filth of modern society, and then collapsing into mental illness.

Evangelion is about the illuminati and power, until it collapses into mysticism garbage.

I suppose I can sort of see what you are getting at. Perhaps they have similar themes, but they are written for different populaces. Evangelion was written as a critique of the japanese nerds that sit in their room and buy toys.

Catcher in the Rye was written for dumbass hippies.

>some might say you ARE living in a fantasy world.
Just a heads up, it doesn't make sense to put emphasis on the word 'are.' the word 'you' was the word that you probably mean to emphasize.'you' get's emphasized because you're deflecting my accusation of you living in a fantasy world onto me ('you').

I'm so tired that these days I can't tell whether people on this board are serious or not.

>I wish I lived in a fantasy world
>some might say you ARE living in a fantasy world
>it doesn't make sense to put emphasis on the word 'are.'
u wot

take a nap?

I don't think it really matters whether people are serious or not. Eventually, whether someone is baiting or not, you just get tired of calling out the same bullshit over and over.

Wrong, you denied living in a fantasy world and I corrected you. Why even address the accusations of a low IQ brainlet?

No, reread the thread, I claimed YOU lived in fantasy world. You claimed that I had a low IQ. You deflected my accusation back onto me, but emphasized the incorrect word and I pointed that out.
It's fine, your not stupid because of it. People make mistakes, even me, sometimes.

What is your IQ? Can you read? Can you read this?

Sure EVA is a great anime, but anime standards are shitty.
As a book it would only be cock-sucked by a few sci-fi fags for being bildungsroman and having 'symbolism'.

I can read it perfectly fine. can you read the thread? and I mean really read into it. use your intellectual depth perception for all it's worth

I can read it perfectly fine. can you read the thread? and I mean really read into it. use you're intellectual depth perception for what little it's worth

now THATS post-modernism!

NOW that's post-modernism!

now that's POST-modernism!

No, it didn't even make a good cartoon.

>a freaking madoka pleb

madoka would have been so much better if they mixed the sound right

It would have been better if all the characters weren't just plot devices with legs and neon hair.

The warrior little girl thing also seems astoundingly stupid outside of fetishism.

>caring about characters
:)

wuh?

This thread serves as further proof that anime causes brainrot

that's sort of the point though? not as much as eva, but still...

>implying POST-modernism isn't shit

Just wanted someone to admit it's astoundingly stupid.

would a story about a magical hebephile giving young girls magical warrior powers for magically sexual reasons be a little less stupid?

>implying you've read any to have your own opinion on it

Of course it's self-evident. Why do you watch it, user?

why do I watch what? Madoka Magica or the non-existant anime about a magical Hebephile giving pubescent girl's magical powers?

Might have been an OK sci-fi/fantasy book, but one of the best things about Eva was the art design and Anno's direction

The standards of anime and the standards of sci-fi/fantasy are basically the same. 90% is trash for high-schoolers and hobbyists. 9% is great but really can't be compared to the best film or literature. Then there's maybe a god-tier 1%

What are some Veeky Forums approved anime series?

This is all incorrect.

Evangelion

>Evangelion is about the illuminati and power, until it collapses into mysticism garbage.

this is the worst eva take I have ever seen

But you have seen it.

Not an argument.

As someone who's never seen the show, someone explain why people always compare NGE to GR

They're both post modern Freudian-charged deconstructions of their mediums where the main character is an author insert searching meaning in their life through a trippy journey where hey dissolve into nothingness.

Along the way a bunch of other similarities arise like putting kids into weapons of mass destructing while wearing latex suits, pokler's story is basically an entire episode in the show, WW2 references while not actually being about WW2, secret societies up to no good; a bunch of weird coincidental stuff.

>where they dissolve into nothingness
Actually, what happens to Shinji is basically the opposite of this.

at the end, but it still happens though

Good thread lads

Sure, but that's unconvincing, just like the rest of the "coincidences."
The only solid argument is that both of them are deconstructions, but that's a laughably thin foundation for a claim.
Animefags need to stop doing this.

I dunno man it seems pretty similar to me.

What author would End of Evangelion be like in prose?