Have you ever go to a restaurant and requested entrance into the kitchen so you can prepare a dish for yourself?

Have you ever go to a restaurant and requested entrance into the kitchen so you can prepare a dish for yourself?

I plan on doing this myself today. What should i expect?

They're usually pretty open to it in my experience, since it's less work for them.

To get kicked out

Why would you need someone elses kitchen to make yourself some dinner... then pay for it?

>"sigh, it's that autistic weird fatty again. just let him in the kitchen for half an hour or he'll have another tantrum"

So i can work with professional equipment, staff and ingredients?

Are you not worried about getting in their way? They're using that kitchen to prepare food for others as well. It's a bit like asking a bus driver if you can drive the bus.

How could i get in "their" way if I'm preparing food for MYSELF?

because you're taking up physical space in a cramped and hot room where people are running around everywhere preparing food for everyone else.

I hope the chef lets you in though, so he can grill you about being the faggot you are, for insulting his cooking.

>
>How could i get in "their" way if I'm preparing food for MYSELF?

It's self explanatory.

While you're using the restaurant's pans, oven, chopping board and knives, surfaces, floor space etc to cook your meal, that's time the staff can't be using that stuff to cook for the rest of the paying customers, and they would obviously use that equpment far more efficiently since they're familiar with the layout and menu. If you know the owner and the place is either closed or completely dead then it would be fine, but supposing a bunch of customers arrive while you're cooking and ask for dishes that need the whole kitchen at full steam, and you've still got your food bubbling away and stuff on chopping boards etc.

It's a nice idea, but seems very impractical to me and I'd be surprised if they et you do it. I'd also expect the chef to be a little offended that you're rejecting his skills (although as someone who also enjoys cooking, I can see the obvious appeal).

That's the most retarded thing I've heard all day.

OP is a fucking moron.
One, it's an insurance issue. If you hurt yourself or someone else, insurance simply wouldn't cover it, or the insurance rates would skyrocket.
Two, it's a liability issue. "Ow, I cut myself! Time to sue!"
Three, it's a foodsafe issue. The gods only know how hygienic you are, whether or not you may cross-contaminate any surfaces or foods. Nobody wants your potentially grubby, unwashed hands in their food.
Four, kitchens are usually properly staffed for their size. You'd be getting in the cooks way.
There's a plethora of other reasons.
If you came to me and asked to cook your own food, I'd laugh you right out of the restaurant. You're not touching my knives or equipment, faggot.

Why did you spend so much time responding to bait?

Because I'very seen and heard this question before, and people need to know why it's never going to happen.
Also, it's quarter to three in the morning, I don't work tomorrow, and my wife is asleep. Satisfactory answer?

Sure, perfect answer.
You should wake your wife up for some anal during devils hour.

And I don't know how long it takes you to type, but it doesn't take me long.

Done and done.

Do you ask your doctor to perform surgery on yourself also?

chef here, working in a decent restaurant. guy actually came once and asked me the same thing, told him it just couldn't be done. this might not be a bait thread.

It might be a bait thread, but this question certainly arises from time to time. People sure are stupid.