Is she the modern Sylvia Plath?

Is she the modern Sylvia Plath?
youtube.com/watch?v=w6CCePrJlaU

>another ressentiment-fueled frogman thread

Why don't you create a thread about an actual poet that you appreciate instead of this inane 'let's jerk each other off'-shit?

>watching her with audio
shiggy

Sylvia Plath had discernible talent.

Hopefully but only because she'll end up putting her head in a fucking oven

I feel like she wouldn't be this butthurt if she had blue eyes

This. Mein sides would be in orbit

Is The Bell Jar actually good or just a lap book for teenage girls?

any good books on how being mixed fucks up your brain?

Probably not the right thread to ask that question.

I didn't like it, didn't even bother to finish it. I was expecting a more depressing story, but she was just too damn successful. Maybe later on it becomes the story I had pictured, I don't know and I don't care.

What a shit recitation, she's not even following her own line breaks

>Expecting a more depressing story
>From the gender incapable of being depressed
Ok lmlao

Muh dick

she spends the second half of the book trying to kill herself. the part with her at college was just a build up.

It was a pretty good book from my perspective. I got more into it as it went on. highly relatable

You let your ignorant expectation fuck up a book for you? What the hell?

Pepe the frog approves of this redpilled comment

Women suffer from depression too you fucking shitlord. Women have always been the primary victims of war, for example. They lose their brothers, fathers, and sons in battle.

Fine. Women can become depressed due to events in their lives. What they can't do is have depression or be dysthymic.

Why did she have to go off and get her nose pierced like that?

>muh daddy issues
>blowjob eyes

This is bad poetry. Zero tonal shifts throughout the entire fucking piece. She is completely incapable of including any sort of dynamic in her writing.

Yea, pretty much. I guess I just didn't really like her style or the overall tone either.

>blowjob eyes

That man's the real poet.

>rhyming 'myth' and 'shit'

Sylvia Plath was actually talented.

>doesn't want to be sexualized
>writes and performs a poem about herself that gets me hard
>fap to her
stupid bitch

Is this really poetry? She sure as shit doesn't follow any meter (who cares amirite), but I also fail to see any metaphors, similes, metonymes, kennings, and all other fancy word things that make poetry concise yet evocative. Yeah, it's also not evocative either. She just yells stuff that rhymes at a camera.

Apparently, since there's a daily thread about her. They always reach at least 200+ replies.

She's very popular here

Uh, this looks pretty male-centered? Back when I was in high-school usually girls where the ones that slutshamed other girls the most. Some guys did too, but still.

It's a pretty solid portrait of a suicidally depressed woman. I'd recommend it.

Mostly because a lot of us would hatefuck her. No different form every flavour of the month attentionwhore we have had in the past.
But like someone said earlier in the thread, Stephen King is Cervantes compared to her.

The only one I miss is that shy and simple booktuber girl that was sadly trolled out of youtube and whatever.

this is not the type of pottery i like

That was just stupid. "Waaah I stress over what other people think of me waaah."

I was pointing out how retarded you are for giving an attention whore all this attention.

my brother is dead because of this kind of person

i mean, he was dying anyways, but still

Well, it doesn't validate her imo, attention (positive or negative) from a closed room doesn't mean much. Plus it's a small board, we give her a hundred views at most.

YEAH IT'S NOT LIKE THIS VIDEO IS POSTED VERY OFTEN ON /R9K/ AND /POL/ HEHEHEHEHE

I wouldn't know since I avoid those boards. But the point is, Veeky Forums, without /pol/ and /r9k/ (but ok, let's keep the intersecting population), doesn't give much fuck about her nor does it get buttblasted to oblivion by her.

Promiscuity, both in being a slut and wanting to fuck everything that moves, makes no sense to me. Like, most people are total garbage, complete assholes, life unworthy of life.
Why would you want to open yourself up sexually, to random ass people if odds are those people are total shitbirds? You're just going to make life complicated and shitty for yourself. Frequent masturbating, and sex with only one or a very very select few persons that you love and trust seems like an objectively better option.

BLOWJOB EYES

Depends on what value you place on the act itself and what does sex (not the simple biological act) mean to you.
A slut, who doesn't take part or decides to take herself (or himself I guess too) from the ideology that being a slut is bad, won't necessarily suffer the emotional damage of being branded as such.
On the other hand someone who would like the emotional freedom to fuck everyone while retaining the favours and good opinion of most people who would shame her for that, is likely to suffer emotionally.
Hence why many girls attack each other by calling the others sluts.
Girls and boys would enjoy more promiscuity, but no one likes the emotional repercussions.

What I'm trying to argue along with your text is that, I don't think it's that the sexual partner is likely to be a shit person, but more that the environment is the one that denies the freedom to you and the partner.