Meursault was an autistic freak.

>doesn't abide by social etiquette
>personality like a block of wood
>kills a man during an autistic tantrum

And yet...

>gets laid regularly
>with multiple women
>one wants to marry him even though he's a murderer

What did Camus mean by this? Is SMV the only thing that matters in an otherwise uncaring universe? If an ugly person tried this shit they wouldn't have gotten out of their bedroom.

Fuck this retarded norm garbage to hell.

Fuck off back to /r9k/, you autistic frogposting worthless piece of subhuman shit

And yes, we saw the frog-faggot thread you just had deleted.

what is fiction?

your camus a shit

You literally missed the entire point.

>Meursault is an autistic retard who blunders through life on the strength of his smoking hot looks alone.

>However, one day his life takes a turn for the worse when he chimps out and shoots an innocent man five times.

>It is not until the events of the book are relayed back to him by the judge presiding over his prosecution that Meursault realizes he is a disgusting aspie who is better off dead.

>The book ends with this revelation.

stranger in a nutshell

Meursault is the consequent man. Living as he thinks, regardless of society's being in conflict with it.

Camus asked the same questions about this book

>Meursault was...
>And yet

Therefor your conclusion is wrong.
Meursault was a simpleton, animalistic, but fully functional socially. He's a sociopath and a natural hedonist. He lived, he made a mistake, and he died without anyone understanding.

You read the book and yet you still don't know him
"Norm garbage" Pfff. Fucking twinker.

>made a mistake

>shot a guy dead and shot him again for good measure

he was a good boy

he did not do nothing

Meursault was like most people on this board: A straight white male, and a colonizer to boot.

His position of privilege afforded him an apathetic stance in all of his behaviors, from things as benign as ignoring social norms such as expressing grief over the loss of a loved one, to nonchalantly collaborating with a pimp to have a prostitute beaten, not to mention killing a man.

The prosecution is 100% right about Meursault. The only get-out-of-jail card people can conjure for Meursault is the philisophical "Je ne sais quoi."

Of course, even when Meursault attempts to express this "Je ne sais quoi," he fumbles his words and blames it on something, much like the glare of the sun.

Meursault is basically the average white fuckboy who is composed of whims and apathy and thinks that a deus ex machina will occur as it had always seemed to in the rest of his privileged life.

Of course, Camus, being equally as privileged but being equally as much a fuckboy, did not intend for such a reading.
And yet! Oho! Here we are, dead ass white male! What sorrow! Indeed! You are a faggot, and your book is shit!

>A FUCKING WHITE MALE

>that gratuitous "literally"

When the main plot revolves around the murder of a faceless character known only as "the Arab" by the fleshed-out white french colonialist Meursault, then race, colonialism, and privilege are a valid lens through which to interpret the text.

Not a prostitute. Also Meursault never expected a deus ex machina.

Implying I defended him.

There. More ink than I spilled, but basically what I meant.

If black men, or middle eastern women did the same throughout history, the shoe would be on the other fucking foot.

story of my life daisoo

This is really shit analysis.

This is ridiculous. The plot might have happen in a racist context; but Camus point is certainly not related to that. Not even about absurdism, but about a man being consequent in his thoughts and actions.

I fucking love you

lol fucken wreckt

this is some powerful bait

>Uh-oh. It rings true.
>Quick! Throw shit at it. Call it bait!!

never read the book but women love guys who don't give a shit and do/say what they want, they also love criminals.
autism (and psychology) is a spook 2bh. autists and psychopaths are closely related. both don't care about what society thinks except the former is afraid of getting into confrontation and the former is more than willing to get into it.

>average white boy
>privileged life

What did he mean by this?

>cherrypicking so hard you remove parts of words

Being an average white boy is still being privileged anyway.

>removing parts of words

Sorry I don't speak nigger so I had no idea what fuckboy meant, I didn't realize it drastically changed the meaning of the sentence.

>Being an average white boy is still being privileged anyway.

What did you mean by this?

not that guy but there's a word for white privilege, ennui aka "i'm white so now what?"

>Being white is seen as a de facto state of being in white societies

What horror, what privilege

>even Meursault gets girls

Maybe /9rk/ can focus on missing the point of this work for awhile and give Notes from Underground a rest

Darn it, I was going to tell to check this triprivilege but I didn't think it would work

white people colonized(invaded) other countries and stole their resources and labor. the resulting prosperity allowed white people to have a privileged life where being mediocre still allowed for a comfortable life. and if you're white in a non-white society, people see you as a conduit for the achievements of our ancestors. if you don't see it you're probably one of those who can't even hit the mediocre mark.

>whines that mediocre white people live comfortably
>whines that less-than-mediocre nogs don't

dat dissonance

Guess how they were able to exploit them.
By being ahead of them in the first place.

of course they have a harder time, they're the descendants of slaves who were never taught to read or write. and even after that they were put in shitty environments where it was a lot harder to thrive.
you sound like a privileged loser who blames minorities for your failure in life.
not really. there were plenty of moments throughout history where other civilizations were thriving just as much or ahead of whites. whites were just the first to decide to take advantage of rural populations throughout the world the second they got guns.

>By being ahead of them in the first place
Injuns literally lived the literary life in it fullest: dancing, fucking, hunting, harvesting, singing and playing natural instruments. Then the white men came with their faggotry and 14h workday and destroyed the literary life.

yes maybe so but nonetheless we don't take people seriously with "typical white fuckboy" rhetoric. Therefore even if you are being sincere your words will be reinterpretted, in true Barthesian fashion, to be brought more in line with the board culture.

>pic related

>Camus, being equally as privileged
God this is some spicy bait.

Thanks for pointing out this irony user

>The Stranger contains the edgy nihilistic message /r9k/ would most like to identify with
>Fuck you Chad, REEEEEEEEEE

>Notes from the underground has a satirical character meant to censure the irreligiosity, lack of foundations and the aggressive self-concern of the incipient modern intellectual man.
>omg he's just like me!

He killed the guy because he wanted to feel somethng

lol we should just burn all white people on crosses

I was under the impression that killing the Arab was self defense, given the knife. He could have said he carried the gun due to the Arabs aggressing on the beach earlier, and it's not a crime to walk up to the dude. They were alone, just say that he wanted to talk to defuse the situation, but the Arab attacked him, so he had to shoot. Should have said he shot five times in panic.

I get the "it doesn't matter, nothing matters" angsty bullshit, but it'd still be better to choose how you live and die than to be executed. He's a disaffected asshole the whole book, and it just makes me unsympathetic to his death.

That's because you're not supposed to be sympathetic u dumb fuck. The whole point to shooting the Arab 5 times is because there is no meaning. Meursault didn't grieve his mother for the same reason you don't grieve for Meursault

Also it was 100% not self defense, at any point Meursault could've walked away from the Arab

pls no more stuff about male privilege

white privilege can stay, but male privilege is dumb

stop making me hate women :(

Did you even read my post? I don't care what happened in reality, Meursault is an idiot for not pleading his own case. He's the only one left alive from the engagement, so all he needs is a halfway believable story. This is just blah blah blah, nothing matters then you die, but Camus doesn't even make that case well.

He was probably tall.

lol

In some ways The Stranger and all of Camus' work comes off as really stylized to me and I find it hard to consider it all as truly existential and not just fashionable. But the scene where he shoots the Arab is really well done, it feels very authentic and exactly how I would imagine myself doing something horrendous that would irrevocably change my life; something I had no reason to do, no excuse for doing it, and ultimately feeling nothing that it happened.

>him getting laid or not is irrelevant.

The fact he had a gun and was apparantly willing to kill people to help his friend and actualy mostly die from being a lot more dense in his defense than he really is somewhat a plothole but the whole of the book was that he was executed because he didn't' feel the same things than most and people hated him because he don't wanted to "lie" about his true emotions rather than because he was "wrong' inside so they have a image based pseudo-morality rather than caring about truly loving your mother,ect..

>He posts on the fucking internet, presumably posting from a stable first world country that clearly puts him at an advantage over most people

>you sound like a privileged loser who blames minorities for your failure in life.
unlike a heroic loser who's so self conscious about his race he has to bottleneck all of history into his stupid, literally "black and white" narrative.

he sounds more like a white person with a superiority complex to me. We can loathe the losers that cling to their race as their only accomplishment, but it's a lot harder to knock down someone who is just superior to dark skinned people, by genetics or born-into advantage.

>by genetics
When do you recognize this?

breaking news: camus was a fucking hack

Saying you're like the Underground Man doesn't mean you're stupid or you don't understand the work. A lot of the people on /r9k/ probably would benefit from Dostoevsky's prescription (using Christianity to turn away from self obsession and love others).

Women loves murderers.
The only thing they hate are short shy men.

>posting MBTI results with that text
Satire?