What fictional character from books do you most identify with?

What fictional character from books do you most identify with?

who told him he could read my diary t bh

Hamlet.

lol jk, obviously J. Alfred Prufrock.

>looser
is this some kind of a meme or what? why do so many people spell it like that?

I'm relatively thin, and can hold down a job, but I see myself in Ignatius, a bit too much. Just in the fact of being a somewhat educated underachiever.

Because that's how you pronounce it

Stephen Dedalus

Don Quioxte

antigone

It’s uncomfortable to confess that I identify most with Amy Dunne from the novel Gone Girl. Psycho bitch. Spoiled brat. Twisted. Toxic.

johan nagel :(

Cringe

I identify a lot with the main character from The Sailor who fell from grace with the sea.

I had a Professor once describe Stephen as "That guy you want to sit far away from in a lecture"

That probably explains why I hate myself

I'm literally Captain Ahab

Stavrogin :^)

Jesus

Hamlet, which is embarrrassing
though at times Stephen Dedalus

Either Edward Bast or Thomas Eigen

The protagonist in Hunger, was like reading my diary desu

>Hamlet, which is embarrrassing

>Implying your apprehensions about talking to cuties can be likened to apprehensions about killing the current king

user please.

I know you know I know this is copypasta, but I'm going to post a reply alluding to its being copypasta anyway:

Unseen, rare copypasta, mm-mmm.

>not Kreon

A guy appeared at a dinner somewhere around the middle of the Vivisector by Patrick White, who I kind of resemble. Not sure who else.

Lieutenant Glahn from Pan.

I am so fucking pathetic.

That one

Fuck you I flirted with a Veeky Forums cutie for three hours last Thursday night.
And ja, it is a pretty loose and poor comparison.

I can just imagine Hamlet saying this

the judge from blood meridian. Intelligent, witty, and with a wicked sense of humour.

Ah, I think you misunderstood. I meant that it's embarrassing to say Hamlet, since that's from when I was like 14 and probably based on severe misreadings of the character. But I still couldn't think of anyone I identified with more.

monolinguals can't even write their own language

Cringe. Say that again when one of you has written something on the level of anything that Joyce wrote

Like it's literally not how you pronounce it though. "loo" is not the same sound as the "lo" in loser.

The main character of my diary, desu.

The narrator in Notes from Underground.

What country?

This but I try my best to be a Leopold Bloom and/or a Don Quixote tbqh

One of the main characters from Charles Dickens' book Hard Times. The way he went on about how he lives by facts and truths. I can't fucking stand the way that some people will take something they heard or assume, not knowing if it's correct or not, and will defend it as fact just for the sake of it. For the sake of wishing to be right. For instance, I needed to take my paperwork to a place. Bitch tells me I need to SEND it before hand. That's not what they told me on the phone. For the next hour or so, in spite of my attempts to change subject, she goes on and on about me having to SEND the paperwork in.

I call the next day, and I just bring it with me, I don't need to send it. Most of the night was spent arguing for NOTHING simply because I maintained that "I don't think that's the case" and she would not accept anything but "you are right, I will". I told her I'll call tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to be the case. For some reason, my refusal to bend over backwards and accept her word as gospel, as well as even SUGGESTING that she might be wrong, caused a huge shit show. She never did apologise for being wrong and making a night thoroughly unpleasant.

p e c h o r i n

Harry Haller from Steppenwolf.
I was horrified to find out that I was literally reading about myself, and how much of a depressed whiny fuck I am.
After reading it I even met an incredible girl (in her own way) that brought back my interest in life, but it didn't work out at the end and she definitely didn't send one of her cutie friends to have sex with me unfortunately.

Hey Karl Ove! How's it going? Too bad about the divorce, will Linda get the kids?

Antigone is punk af. Kreon not so much

He's a horrid pretentious person. Mr Bloom is the one you should be like

Lil Proust

Goddamn seconded.

>Cringe. Say that again when one of you has written something on the level of anything that Joyce wrote

They don't realize it most of them but thats the point of Stephen Dedalus, he could never have written Ulysses. He was a pseud who despite being big talk tried to do what Joyce would do but failed and had to scurry home and become a school teacher.
He is a perfect representation of this board

How do I become Hannibal Lecter?

You'd probably do well to watch Mads Mikkelsen's interpretation and imitate him and his habits, like everyone else.

Kirillov from Demons

Kazantzakis' Jesus

Gollum/Smeagol

>Tfw Gregor Samsa

Actually, yes.

Michel Djerzinkski

Ignatius J. Reilly

Tom and Sam Hamilton from East of Eden by John Steinbeck or Colonel Aureliano Buendia (I wish) from 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I'm doomed.

Read Bartleby the Scrivener

howard roark

>ignatius
>underachiever

Dude has 0 employability

gregor samsa is the only fictional character i particularly identify with

Bartleby. NEET life for me thx

Holden Caulfield

Rodion Raskolnikov without the wanting to commit a murder.

This. Even with everyone in this thread calling him pretentious, it still fits me. People tell me I'm pretentious all the time. My English teacher in high school called me an "acquired taste"

you, me, every other goddman man-child

So not Rodion Raskolnikov.

did you read the book

Naoko from Norwegian Wood. Trying to communicate with others makes me wanna hang myself too.

Patrick Batemen.
Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humour.

ten bucks says the guy in ops pic hammers more top tier pussy in a semester than u will in a life

Lemuel from Malone Dies

Huxley's Anthony Beavis

Ish from Earth Abides

Did he fuck you?

Oblomov

I would love to be fucked by a highschool teacher and have him tell me "I'm an acquired taste" as he whipes me off, and I'm not even gay.

Based Kirilov (but really don't do it)

Marla Singer

When the time comes.

Bast strikes me as a toned down Wyatt. He doesn't go quoting reams of medieval alchemical manuals and flemish biographies, but you can tell he has the same spark, the same temperament. Especially when he becomes choleric.

Semantics!

this desu

also the Underground Man

Alexei Ivanovich

Not sure, but the person who I'd most like to be is Razumikhin.

emil sinclair

Would you prefer to be him over Myshkin?

Kalganov

God

It's not the vowel sound, it's the s... I'm not sure of the linguistic terminology here but "loose" has a unvoiced s (snake) while "lose" has a voiced s (nose)

saym

Humbert Humbert

I don't know, I do know that I hate characters that sell out their ideology/side for pussy

what? 2 oo=U you pronounce it with u and not as loser

>implying god is a personality and not a phenomenon

Doc from Cannery Row

Gatsby. there was someone I loved, once...

Pechorin