Harry Potter book vs. movie

Hello everyone,

I have to read Harry Potter and the philosopher´s stone for class, I was wondering if I can skip this book.

Are there any major differences between the book and the movie?

Pic related: the edition I have here

>I have to read Harry Potter and the philosopher´s stone for class
Bait or not, I think you could get banned for this kind of post, friend.

How come? I am attending to children and young adult literature class.

You must be 18 to post here friendo,

Wow, you must be really dumbfounded and shallow, if you think that English is my native tongue.

Are there any decent folks here, that are willing to provide me a proper answer?

Thank you, in advance.

Nice comma

If you are studying in a literature class, why do you have to ask? If you don't feel like reading the assignments maybe you should switch courses or something.

Punctuation is not my strongest skill, atleast I am not afraid to try it and actually master it. Unlike many native English speakers/writers, that can hardly dissect a sentence.

Because I watched the movie many times, unlike the other books I had to read.
These were:
The chronicles of Narnia: the witch and the wardrobe
The adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Winnie the Pooh
Alice in Wonderland
Lord of the flies
Charlotte's web
The Hobbit
Charlie and the chocolate factory

and this damn HP that I feel like I am damn familiar with. I want to spend the time that I would spend on this book on studying something else.
So how about it?

I see them mirin;
They hating.

It's been 15 years since I've read the book and watched the movie. I remember one element stood out as weird to me, which was the small dragon that they hatch. In the book, irc, the dragon appears several times and they struggle to hide it as it grows until it is quite big and they take it somewhere else (Ron's brother, I think). In the movies, it appears just once or twice and it's not part of the story, just a nod. Other than that, I don't remember major differences.

I am looking for someone with a brain; cause these guys have got gonads for brains.

>studying literature
>reading for the plot
wew

Thank you so much for your contribution, you are an example for everyone else and you deserve all the fortune in the world. Much love and respect from overseas, my intelligent brother.

OP here, I found a page online with the differences.
Are they important enough to read? Are they major characters in the plot?

Peeves the Poltergeist is constantly causing trouble.

Hagrid's Dragon, Norbert is taken by Harry and Hermione to a friend of Charlie Weasley for care.

Harry and Hermione are given detention in the Forbidden forest because they are caught by Filch after hours.

Harry meets Draco Malfoy while he is getting his robes in Diagon alley.

The Dursleys take Harry to an island to flee their house when it is filled with letters telling Harry he is a wizard.

At the zoo, Harry is able to talk to the Boa Constrictor. Dudley pushes him out of the way and Harry gets made and inadvertently makes the glass disappear causing Dudley to fall in.

The students of Hogwarts take many classes including Defense against the Dark Arts, History of Magic and Herbology.

The forest is called "The Forbidden Forest"

When Harry looks into the Mirror of Erised he sees many people including his parents and grandparents.

There are several Quiddich matches between several houses.

The Dursleys take Harry to King's Cross station to put him on the train.

Mrs Figg lives in Little Wingding.

Harry meets Firenze, Ronan and Bane in the Forbidden Forest.

Before reaching the Philosopher's Stone, Harry and Hermione also have too fight a troll (already completed by Professor Quirrel) and solve a potions challenge.

In the book Harry is wearing sneakers

In the book,the students at the school wear their regular clothes under their robes.

Dudley and his mother are blonde heads.

Dudley has a friend that go to the zoo with them. Plus uncle vernon buys them choclate candy bars, and buy harry a lemon pop.

In the book , the Halloween feast is a regular dinner feast, with rolls, potatoes etc.

At Christmas, harry and ron open their presents up in their room.

Harry was smart enough to turn down draco friendship after he puts down hagrid.

On the morning of dudley birthday they have bacon and eggs for breakfast.

The midnight duel, that happens not long after school starts at hogwarts.

Dudley's birthday presents are on the breakfast table, even told was some of them were-computer games, video camera, plus a new bike.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Neville, Draco and Fang go to the Forbidden forest for punishment. At first they split up into 2 groups and once Neville causes red sparks after Draco scared him, they split up into a second group.

All the Weasleys are readheads.

Harry has to play a flute to put Fluffy to sleep while he, Ron and Hermione try to get through the trapdoor. They all go through the trapdoor before Fluffy has a chance to attack them.

Harry catches Neville's Remembrall one foot before it hits the ground.

Harry doesn't dare mention Platform 9 and three quarters to the train station guard.

Hagrid says he bought Fluffy from a ''Greek chapie''.

Ron hints that Harry has an Invisibility Cloak before Harry tries it on.

Neville forgets the password to the Gryffindor common room and sleeps outside.

harry gets a sock and a clothes hanger for christmas

Okay, so I should read about his summer, the forbidden forrest.

Take care ya'll, homies.

Listen here retard, you are in a literary course. You are supposed study and analyze the prose and not enjoy the plot for entertainment.

What a coward, responding after I have left.
You are delusional and clearly enjoy reading childrens literature. A good day to you, kid.

Your shitposts are not funny, kys.

Why is this post so damn funny to me?

Truly a worthy future pasta.

I'm Dutch and we weren't allowed to read Harry Potter for school assignments past the age of 14.

Hey, I am Dutch too and yeah it's adolescent literature. I suppose this book has a difficulty level of about B1 or B2.

Prisioner of Azkaban is best book

Just take two hours and read it. Profs love reading final essay answers and realizing you just watched the movie from your inane plot errors. Pay attention to the first chapter and all the details before Harry gets to Hogwarts, and realize that if the kids had just stayed the fuck in class/bed, there would never have been any chance of Voldemort getting the stone. Harry and his fuckbuddies cause the problems in all the early books.

But not the best movie!

Fucking hell

How hard can it be to read a children's book.

that's a weird way of writing Order of the Phoenix

Because it is such an easy read, I have already started and finished reading the first 100 pages. I am watching the movie to refresh my memory so I will be able to skip through it faster.

All the movies are shit

The movie is wrong. Turn it the fuck off and stop screwing up your memory of the plot and details. You're not being tested on the damn films.

No, that is a shitatement.

As if I will be tested on fictional adolescent literature.

Why else would you read it, or worry about how many minutes it took you?

Worry about minutes? Are you seriously trying to defend your statement? Do you not realize how ridiculous your questions and suggestions are?

Should you not realize that I am trying to keep the time I spend on this as short as possible?
Should you not realize that if I were to have a test, I would do the opposite?
Don't you realize that for a test you have to study and be dedicated to it?

What a dumb being you are, indeed.

The idea of being tested on Harry Potter is absolutely hysterical.

Please stop. I hope you're a troll because I can't even.

You can't even understand? I figured that out myself and so, I called you a dumb being.

I love your writing style. It's nice and retarded.

Listen, you fucking moronic ESL troll. If you're "reading something for class" on November 27, you're either doing so because of an upcoming final exam that might feature questions on it, or you're a drooling lobotomized idiot who's afraid of being called on in class. Either way, you could have finished the book in the time you've spent making and sustaining this shit thread.

Holy moley, you are raging so hard. Please stop degrading yourself like this.
1. You don't know anything about educational systems. (Pay attention to the countable noun.)
2. You have clearly never attended higher education than secondary school.
3. You clearly have no perception of time. Obviously one can sustain this thread and do homework at the same time. For your information, this is a slow board.

I can't understand how someone could be as retarded as you. Does your carer know that you're on the internet?

Obvious samefag.

>obvious

Thank you for providing further information so that I can analyze you apes.

Read the fucking book.

No. Stop shitposting and let the thread die. It should have died a long time ago.

Why do they give you childrens books to read for school,
whats next, red riding hood, snow white?

Hahaha, yeah I know right. They want us study about how a story is built up, that sort of thing. Characters (protagonist, antagonist, etc.)

I would have preferred picking my own books to read.

you're so fucking weird

I am not sure if this is a compliment or an insult. Don't worry about it though, I don't need you to clarify it. It is a matter of perspective, interpretation and possibly differentiating moral values.

Jesus crimeny

Don't you mean criminy, my dear sir?

What clas exactly are you
because you should know these things well before ending highschool in any halfdecent school

do longer ones

1) Learn to spell;
2) A human can not be a class, it can be in a class.
3) What should I know? Obviously nearly everyone knows the plot of Harry Potter. Is that what I have to know?

Furthermore, you clearly lack a intelligence. I highly doubt you will be able to have a high leveled debate about protagonists and false heroes in books.

>Learn to spell
>a intelligence

Oopsie daisy, atleast I am not a native speaker/writer. :)

When you slip, you have to get up and be wary of your mistakes.

A year ago this thread wouldn't live this long since the actual quality of your shitposts is embarassing. Now look at what this board has become. Sad!

That's funny because you only got here last summer.

How would I know it then?

This board has been less useful than any other board I have ever roamed. I am sure that the majority, those that actually do read, are the silent ones and the smartest ones.

Those that have actually contributed, were not only the smartest ones but also the most helpful ones. They have my graditude.

I am sure that the only people, responding to this thread. Are shitposting trolls.

Your not answering my questun. Sad!

leave

It would literally take you a shorter amount of time to read the book than to watch the movie, not even counting the time you spent shitposting here.

Shitposting trolls.