Tarantulas own pets. They take frogs, and bring them back to their hovels to keep as pets. They take their legs...

>Tarantulas own pets. They take frogs, and bring them back to their hovels to keep as pets. They take their legs, gently stroke the frog's back, and pat the frog on its head, and lightly scratch behind the earholes. The frog will eat harmfull insects for the Tarantula
Jesus Christ

Other urls found in this thread:

jungledragon.com/image/38385/symbiotic_relationship_between_spider_and_fly.html
projectnoah.org/spottings/31155071
animalplanet.com/tv-shows/animal-planet-presents/videos/top-10-odd-animal-couples-tarantula-the-frog/
scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/07/03/tiny-frogs-and-giant-spiders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone know any other cool animal science facts

CUTE

tarantula is a cute

>>/an/

Do they cuddle? :3

The duck has the largest penis of the avian world.

More like Kek has a pet Tarantula. It's like you don't even know what website your on or what the current year is.

it also shaped like a corkscrew

gay male geese with tempt a female into a threescore just to steal her eggs

theres also that duck that lassos its mate with it penis

>tfw no corkscrew penis frog with 8 legs

I mustache you a question xD

Fowl are degenerate

Colonel sanders did nothing wrong

>The fly appeared to move with the spider. I encouraged the spider to move again and took a closer look, and sure enough, the fly was not being consumed, but was hiding underneath the spider.
>At one point, the spider transferred to the underside of the leaf and the fly still managed to follow, and back to the top of the leaf. I captured a series of images, but with my poor eyesight, I had no clue as to what was going on.
>I continued to observe, but my disturbance caused the spider to jump to an adjacent leaf. The fly followed, landing in front of the spider. The arachnid raised her front legs, and I truly thought the fly was toast, but then the legs lowered and the fly once again, took its position under the spider.
jungledragon.com/image/38385/symbiotic_relationship_between_spider_and_fly.html

Merely an observation but still pretty damn cool.

projectnoah.org/spottings/31155071
>the fly appeared to be feeding off the spider. Further research revealed that nephila has been known to allow a fly to clean its fangs after feeding, then, it all fell into place. The fly was cleaning the fangs and around the mouth of the spider after a meal,

neat

the fly is merely a jew demanding reparations for muh 6 trillion lest the spider be called an anti-dipteran, so now the fly lives rent free under the spider.

I've always been afraid of spiders since I was a little kid. I have to this day nightmares occasionally about spiders, and sometimes even awake in terror that there is a giant spider under my bed sheets. The excerpt you have posted kind of changes my perspective of them, thanks!

spiders are tiny and cute and mostly harmless except when bothered
they eat bad insects and are cute
just like, don't piss it off

They're just so damn ugly

PEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

With respect to the size of its body, the barnacle has the large penis.

Spiders r a cute

ITT: biology majors workiing at mcdonalds try to convince us their trivial pursuit studies is science

Is it wrong that I'm glad we humans are destroying nature? Because fuck nature.

someone's upset because they don't know any cool animal facts :^)

>destroy the thing we need to live
>yea fuck that thing
brainlet detected

I guarantee you he's just an edgy teen.

more than likely, kek

clearly you're studying an arts major degree in trolling at Veeky Forums university.
You're going to do great things kiddo

What changed my view on spiders is a book called 'Bruno's dream'. It's about this old guy who really loves spiders and you can start to understand how cool they actually are

>FLYS ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD

>tfw never collected any stamps

The blue whale has the largest penis, from 2.4m to 3.0m with ejaculations estimated to be 20l based on their 45kg testees

Are you calling my dick small, user?

Did you know it was name brand theory of evolution Darwin who discovered that?

He thought he needed street cred in the biology world for his big book, so he decided to study the simplest animal he could think of to make out it's Evolution 100%. He sorta went crazy sending letters to every single sea captain and feild scientist he knew for like 12 years. All becuse he saw how big those dicks are, he had the credibility to publish natural selection.

My anthro teacher tried to play it down talking about his garden, and how the finches are over rated skimming over the whole barnical dick bit, but it's true.

>Google that shit he wrote a book.

>Kek

>/pol/ thinks it's puny god has power accross Veeky Forums
Many zozzes were had.

this

OK now you're scaring me

bump, there must be more

why does stuff with more than four legs exist

animalplanet.com/tv-shows/animal-planet-presents/videos/top-10-odd-animal-couples-tarantula-the-frog/

Because God willed it

they are basically aliens

right here on earth

i imagine literal aliens will be less terrifying

>>Tarantulas own pets. They take frogs, and bring them back to their hovels to keep as pets. They take their legs, gently stroke the frog's back, and pat the frog on its head, and lightly scratch behind the earholes. The frog will eat harmfull insects for the Tarantula

Source.

>i imagine literal aliens will be less terrifying

on a planet exactly like earth, but no DNA/evolution history, would convergent evolution force aliens to look like earth animals?

see

Not to be nit picky, but animalplanet.com does not count as a scientific journal.

And you should be ashamed for accepting a 2nd hand source.

there is no reason for spider to grow so big. Im glad no big ones live around here

Feel free to refute anything stated in the video!

The bigger it grows, the bigger the prey it can attack. Which increases it's options for food, and reduces it's chances of being eaten by something else.
Spiders have every reason to grow as large as possible.

B-But they scare me desu ;_;

I'm actually not afraid of big spiders like tarantulas, because they are hairy and cute. I may still not be willing to hold one, unless I knew they are not easily provoked for fear of being painfully bitten, but I have no phobic fear of them. On the other hand, disgusting looking spiders like make me scared.

Imagine walking through the jungle right into its web. I actually have nightmares about such a thing.

I done that a long time ago. My first pair of glasses is probably still out there, rusting in the wilderness, after I threw them off in a fit of autistic fear.. Godspeed, old friend.

big spiders are bros
they don't want to fuck with you and almost none of them are venomous
plus you can spot them and avoid them easily

tiny spiders are faggots
if you even piss them off a little they bite you and fill you with death juice

I've had nightmares about spiders too. The first one I remember was from when I was ~5 years old. In my dream I was in kindergarten, and saw a big spiderweb with tarantula sized spiders in it, except they were big bald ugly motherfuckers. I was walking towards them and I had no control over my movement, so I walked right into the web. I have had multiple different dreams where I had no control over my body and walked into different spiderwebs. I also dreamt about a spider crawling around me on my bed once, and when I woke up, I was first not sure whether I had dreamt it or it actually happened, but then I realised I had been dreaming.

I once built a large sand castle on the shore of a lake, and then I felt the thread from a spiderweb on my body. I looked up, and saw a spider crawling towards me on the thread that was attached to me, and freaked the fuck out. That is the worst thing about spiders, shaking them off is hard because of the nigh invisible threads they decide to attach to you.
Another time, I walked under a tree with my mom, and a spider decided to just fucking fall on my head.

You can see it in the gif itself. The tarantula seems to be "caressing" the tiny frog, when it could easily just eat it.

>on a planet exactly like earth
There's the first problem with your hypothetical right there. Ultimately, without knowing whether or not the climate there is "identical", whatever that even means, this question is unanswerable. Obviously, it's not going to be identical because it isn't Earth.

Second, judging by the scary diversity of forms life on Earth takes, you can probably expect aliens on different world to look like almost anything, even if that world has a climate very close to our own.

Don't forget that an asteroid wiped out the niggersaurs. Who knows what other random events had large influence on our evolution.

You are now aware that banana spiders occasionally hide in bunches of bananas and end up in American grocery stores to crawl onto unsuspecting shoppers' arms.
True story. Enjoy opening your pantry.

Why you do this?

Anecdotal at best really.

I am not sure commensalism is exactly the same as keeping a pet, but whatevs...

I am also not sure why anybody would act all gobsmacked on seeing an example of commensalism.

Here's something more credible
scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/07/03/tiny-frogs-and-giant-spiders/

[spoiler] all scientific observations about species in the wild are anecdotal [/spoiler]

Does the spider get sad when the frog runs off?

have you stumbled upon a murderous wild turkey cult making a sacrifice?