What is better - french cinema or french literature?

What is better - french cinema or french literature?

Cinema is much better than literature in general

its certainly interesting opinion, why do you think so? Do you mean novels or also philosophy and poetry?

tell me some french movies to watch and ill get back to you

journey and DOTIP were both quite good though i felt i consoled in their philosophy in my earlier years much more,, now i can only feel sad for someone with such a pessimistic view

but there was some pretty funny humor

im trying to remember the specifics, but when he is undocking the ship to get into america and something to do with rats idk i just remember that scene was funny af

Both are goat.

That shot of Anna Karina is from Pierrot Le Fou or from another movie?

anything by refn
rust and bone
blue is the warmest color
la vie en rose

The level of subtle emotion and expression that can be captured through performance and direction outstretches by miles what is possible in simple written words

>tfw too intelligent for werds

So surely you agree that video games have a greater ceiling than cinema.

I've only seen Contempt and Pierre Le Fou, but both times I've felt Godard characterized women the way I see them exactly. Haven't read any french lit though, except for really really old stuff

No since the interactive element of video games is a liability to its potential not an asset

yes
pierrot le fou, weekend, band of outsiders, historie du cinema by godard; belle noiseuse by rivette, samurai by melville

so your a coward

>refn

am i being baited over here?

No I'm an adult capable of sitting still for an hour and a half

>refn
>french

anything by
>godard
>renoir
>melville
>truffaut
>bresson
>cocteau

ah, nevermind, you've been blinded. If there was a work of great art that was under the 'videogame' umbrella you'd dismiss outright. you're not interested in seeing the heights of art, so lie down and embrace irrelevance.

>If there was a work of great art that was under the 'videogame' umbrella

but there isn't

>not knowing bout the grand allegory of cognitive development that is anti-chamber

>cognitive developement

kek pleb pscyhology

no subject is inherently pleb. It's entirely the way it's handled.

>no subject is inherently pleb.

sorry i meant Gaspar Noé.

people like you are why literary became a genre as opposed to a mark of ambition

I sure hope that you mean 60's Godard.

Thoughts on Bertolucci?

Contemporary? Both are garbage.

literature (esp. poetry).

max ophuls is dope tho

naked Eva Green

snob af

This 2bh
French new wave cinema is GOAT though

For the most part yes but any Godard is good, you pseud

true af.

Denis, Desplechin, Dumont Guiraudie, Kechiche...

French cinema is doing just fine. It's cinema as a whole that is moribond, already exhausted.

He's Italian.

Bande à part is such a GOAT Godard movie. It's fairly accessible but the amount of thought put into it is insane

Sam "I can only make pretentious generalizations because I don't actually know anything about art other than lurking this board" Howard

Art is an extremely simple concept, the fact that you misunderstand it's capacity to the degree you do is hilarious.

I sure hope you mean post-60s Godard

Simple only to the simple minded. Why don't you go to reddit if you want to talk about simple things

this.
early Godard is pseud central

Jesus Christ, can we stop suffocating on our own pretentiousness for a second. You can visit your local coffee shop if you want to keep making idiotic blanket statements.

You think I'm saying the creation and execution of art is simple. I'm not going to continue speaking to a moron.

Good, scurry off then. No one asked for your silly reductionism

Neither. Fuck French people in general.

quel misanthrope....

Film can certainly accomplish more than a book, mostly because it has more tools to use, but only just a few more.

wtf i hate french people now

Nous te détestons aussi

Vous vous détestez aussi les uns les autres