How do you stop rice sticking/burning to the bottom of a rice cooker?

How do you stop rice sticking/burning to the bottom of a rice cooker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OuPABfgsa4g&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is a good question

Rinse your rice. Three times minimum.

Buy a better rice cooker.

Better yet buy better rice. Most premium rice tend to have a lot less loose starch.

Doesn't burn in my machine :^)

Considering my 15 Eur rice cooker don't burn rice, I say put in more water.
Or do it manually on a pot or pressure cooker.

More water makes it bubble fiercely for a while, but it still seems to stick.

Just embrace it. That rice disk forming at the bottom can be used to make some good rice crackers or rice semi-porridge, like the ones they serve at Korean tofu stew restaurants.

Bubbling fiercely? Too much starch. Wash your rice more times. Pajeet rice also have less starch.

That's a delicacy in Japland OP.

THIS

...but OP, do you realise that the sheet of sticky slightly burnt rice is delicious? You can break it up and eat it in congee, only if it's slightly burnt as shown in pic though. It's one of the perks of cooking with a clay pot instead of using a ricecooker.

burnt rice tastes good bro. try hot and sour soup on sizzling rice sometime

Bunch of weebs.

Yeah congrats op you just made a giant rice cake

Can I hijack this thread and request links to rice cooker recipes? Is that a thing?

They sell prewashed salad too, doesn't make it better.

Every size of rice cooker has a MINIMUM of rice that can be kept warm without it fucking up. Are you leaving too little rice in the cooker to stay warm? I have a 10 cup rice cooker, and the minimum amount of rice that I can leave in it on the warm cycle is 3 cups. Less than that, and it could stick and brown like your pic (although it hasn't happened to me because I follow the directions). OR, it could be that you have a bad rice cooker.

Stir it regularly.

Use a real, non-stick coated pot. Why do you need a rice cooker?

Better rice cooker.

this. op you fucking fag, the rice stuck at the bottom is chewy, crispy, delicious heaven.

Use a spurtle.

here's the real question, how the hell do you get the stuck portion to come off in one nice clean scorched sheet-disk like that

mine's always this nasty gluey paste on the bottom of the pot that refuses to crisp up

You don't, that's the best part. Just don't burn it.

Use a better-quality rice cooker with a nonstick bowl.

You don't, it's the best part

Any recommendations for a professional spurtle? Mine has pooped the bed

>eating rice
kill yourself you pedo weeb trash

Buy a better rice cooker

rinse starch out of rice
1:1 1/2 ratio of rice to cold water
season rice and add herbs/spices if youd like once you add the water
cover rice, bring to boil then turn down heat to low and simmer for 8-10 mins
rice done
if youd like it a bit more light and fluffy you can keep the lid off for a bit at the end and let the steam evaporate a bit more

>Veeky Forums is too retarded to make rice in an automatic rice cooker without fucking it up

kek

Don't overcook your rice, it's not that hard. If you want a method that's retard proof though, use a bamboo steamer. Pretty much impossible to burn the rice in that.

It is delicious, I know. Just I don't want it all the time

I've literally never used a rice cooker in my entire life and even I can tell you're supposed to eat that shit

kek
/g/ pls

Amature

Put potatoes at the bottom

youtube.com/watch?v=OuPABfgsa4g&t=1s

Learn how to cook rice correctly on the stove and throw away that piece of shit.

everyone of you need to fucking throw your knives in the garbage cuz you dont deserve to cook. fucking appliance-dependent trash niggers.

These people get it

Is that you, AB?

I like eating that crispy part 2bh

you wond have that broblem if you use uncle benis rice :DDDDDD

berfegt every dime :DD :D

What if I cook different kinds of rice in a rice cooker and in pans, bitch? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT? I bet you don't even oven steam rice. Pleb.

>being white

lmao

the crispy rice bottom is the best part, user, why would you wanna get rid of it?

>why would you wanna get rid of it?
It's hideous.

Dumb gweilo.

but its delicious :(

how 'bout putting a little oil on the bottom of the cooker?
How 'bout maybe stirring the rice a little bit after it dries up?

why are you so stupid OP?

You should never stir rice when it's cooking, especially with a lid-on method

ooh, that crunchy shit is what i strive for when I cook pallea. I can't ever do it though.

>lid-on method

I think you meant pants-on head, user.

>lid-on

Can we just close Veeky Forums?
Couldn't even cook rice.

That's the most tasty part. My dad used to toast the bottom in purpose just to make that.

cook your rice in a pan.

The correct ratio of rice to water is 1:(1+expected evaporation. take your pan off the heat when the water is gone and the rice is cooked. You're welcome.

Rinse your rice until the water is no longer cloudy. Wait for an extra 10-15 minutes after it's done cooking. This made a huge difference as well; the enclosed steam helps loosen up the rice on the bottom.
t. Thai

ITT: people who don't understand why rice cookers are awesome; and people who don't follow the rice cooker instructions (and then a couple of people who actually know what they're talking about).

This kind of thread is the reason why I don't trust white people who say they can cook Asian food.

I don't get it. I'm Asian, grew up eating rice daily. My family, as well as any other Asian family I've ever known, has used a rice cooker. This is as mind-boggling as your die-hard insistence on wearing shoes inside the house as more comfortable and somehow hygienic

Don't respond to bait please.
Just leave this shithole of a board that is Veeky Forums. It's really not worth it. Just let it die.

We used to use a pressure cooker. Shit was scary as fuck when it was letting out steam.

I have a rice cooker now but a small sauce pan is more convenient for one person and I feel it's faster too.

It's called socarrat and it is fucking divine.

Cook it in a pot, throw rice cooker is the rubbish bin

Multiposters like you deserve death

Please dont do it again

being asian and rice cooker lazy
>mulitposter
so literally i should die because i tagged other posts? so how do you use this board?

Rinse the rice in cold water till it doesn't look milky then let it soak for a few hours in the clean water.
Toss it in the cooker and 10 min later have some delicious sticky rice.

Steam your rice instead. The texture and taste are drastically improved but it takes much longer to cook.

Fuck. I decided to rinse the rice in the end and it's shit.... I miss the starchiness

I agree, if I'm going to just be making rice for myself or even one more person the stove is just fine but a rice cooker for batch cooking rice is the best way I think.