ITT: Simple cheffy meals you like to make at home

ITT: Simple cheffy meals you like to make at home.

Please, Spring weather is coming and I need recipes.

I don't think anyone understands "chefy"

:'(
Simple and er... I struggled to think of an adjective before... uh... elegant? :( zen? I'm trying to provide examples, but it could be anything ya like that's easy tasty, graceful to make.

My spaghetti sauce:
>chop a whole onion and saute in olive oil and a pinch of salt
>pour in about half a cup of white wine, enough to cover the onions
>let simmer
>mix in 8oz of tomato paste and 20ish ounces of finely chopped tomatoes
>salt to taste, add fresh basil if feeling fancy
>serve with almost anything

This sauce recipe is so perfect, I will mix it in with squash and penne pasta for a quick side dish or just have with spaghetti and meatballs or shrimp.

Thank-you, friend. Marinara is very personal I'm glad you have a nice recipe you enjoy.. I've been thinking of using pic related in my next sauce. Usually use Red Gold, but Muir rates higher in some taste tests.

I like making poke bowls during the summer.

ProscIutto and cataloupe with lemon wedge.

I can jerk off like this all day, but I'm really looking for more suggestions. Nice, light, easy meals for Spring and Summer that won't heat up the house with oven use much.

Beef, root veg, mushrooms and wild grapes.

Thanks. Fantastic. This is new to me and there's a bunch of delicious-looking ones on google.

Beet cured salmon, mandarin orange, citrus vinaigrette and goat cheese. No oven necessary!

ty. I came a little. looking good.

It's like a deconstructed borscht with lox. Very creative. Tanks!

sides variation: root veg puree or polenta with mushroom and au jus

>attempting to appear that I appreciate the ingredients more than the dish

Naw. Just easy stuff to make in hot weather. Please suggest. I'm not trying to be pretentious, just stuff I've cooked or prepared (thrown on a plate even) and liked. I'm gonna make so many poke bowls already... lots of good suggestions, genuinely looking for more.

Rice pilaf from a box. Portobello sauteed in butter and olive oil w/ s&p. Turkey burgers with lemon zest mixed in.

I prefer to use Pomi tomatoes, since they're in a box and not a can they don't cook them for so long in the canning process (or at all, I'm not sure). Overcooking can destroy natural sweetness. But try to stick with roma tomatoes (plum tomatoes) if you're getting a canned variety because they are naturally sweeter. I have never used this brand before though, so I wouldn't know.

Everyone is on marsala nuts, I prefer a venison or rabbit forestierre. I hunt tho so usually have plenty of meat.

Aw yeah. Had to look up forestierre- sounds very nice and simple and I have access to venison. Thanks.

Nuts with marsala or masala? Googled marsala nuts with no result.

Intradasting. Forgot about Pomi. Maybe I'll try that too.

Fresh mozzarella sliced, good quality sliced tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil.

Yes. The classic. I can taste it already. With some bread to sop up the vinaigrette. Great summer salad.

>if you mean well balanced dishes that have classic harmonizing ingredients
>that also don't take too much time or make too much of a mess

>then for me it's Cacio e Pepe

Chick pea salads. Really easy to make and always impresses company.

Wonderful. Thank-you! New to me and will be making lots of this in future!

OP here, apparently I've misunderstood the word 'cheffy.' Thought it meant simple elegant food that relies on technique and ingredients and knowledge of food for it"s sparkle,, but apparently it means showy food like molecular gastronomy... I only heard the word used in kitchens and that's what it seemed to mean in the vernacular, but the Oxford English Dictionary has a definition completely opposite to what I supposed.

Shut the fuck up

So, this is the kind of recipe I'm looking for, yes. Thanks, user!

Or what?

Sounds yummy. Thanks!

I thought so.

try watermelon,feta,mint with lemonzest+oliveoil dressing

I will! Sounds refreshing.

Not sure if this qualifies as 'chefy' but I like to make lamb shoulder chops which I marinate in a mixture of soy sauce and garlic (I use garlic powder, not sure how well crushed garlic would work) overnight so the flavor penetrates the meat real well. Then I sprinkle on some organic Italian seasoning and grill them until medium rare.

OwOo what's this?

That is one hot tamale! Filled with pork and red chile.

Huh, what's a Chile?

A country, last I heard.

Lamb with garlic is so nice for spring! With some peas and mint on the side. Or fresh artichoke hearts with mint. Thank-you!

Isn't there another thread for snobs and pedants where you could go?

>cheffy
Kill yourself, shit-stain.

You're all washed up, "Han." Back to the dish room with ya, there's some greasy pans that need scrubbing!

Nice piece of fish. What kind is it?

>recipe calls for some wine
>open bottle and use wine but obviously not all of it
What do I do with the leftover wine? Is there any way to save it? I know I can just drink it, but then I have to buy more for the next dish that calls for it.

Poach some pears in it, vanilla bean :)

You can keep it, but it won't keep long unless you get the oxygen out of the bottle. You can get "wine savers" that do this with a little pump. One brand is "vacu-vin". I am sure there are others too.

It was a plaice. Rather delicious.

I don't think I've ever eaten one of those. It's cool looking. Does it taste like skate?

It tastes like most other flat fish. It's delicate and flavorful, though it has a lot of bones but there's a technique to scraping the meat off without bones.
You should give it a try if you can find it.
It's local to me.

>no garlic

4/10

GOONBAG
O
O
N
B
A
G

Those are capers lmao
It's literally chicken picatta

is goon feasible for cooking?

will I hate myself?

No.
It's only good for gaining enough courage to swim with crocs.

and what is the best goon for that?

Coolabah.
4 litres for $11

Yes, only poor people and women eat chicken piccata. Capers! How vile! lmaoing.

Hahaha no I meant on its nuts. Like bandwagon fucks since olive garden started with it a few years ago. Suddenly marsala is fine dining. I just prefer forestiere to marsala since they are pretty similar.

I know those are capers, looks pretty good.

This is me, OP, being overly sincere and unintentionally misunderstanding your marsala comment to comic effect.

This is a troll.

And right 'chere, it's me again, instinctually diving in for the attack without thinking because it's second nature at this point...

Thanks again for suggesting forestierre, I live a couple blocks away from a shop that sells venison, and have been looking for some nice way to prepare it.

nice

love it!

3/10

thank you, will try it out

Just make tsatsiki cream and spread it on whatever the fuck you have in the fridge. Anything.

That's too much tzatziki. I don't want to wallow in it.

beef strogo

can't use ground beef though

This thread is devolving and Veeky Forums moves so slow. Thanks for all the recipes. I'm going to go take a nap.