Are chopped beef sandwiches a thing outside of Texas?

Are chopped beef sandwiches a thing outside of Texas?

What in Christ's name is a sandwich

It's just two little pizzas squished together.

You mean chopped bbq brisket sandwiches? Of course you can get them outside of Texas. Goddamn, ya'll need to travel more.

It's hard senpai when it takes all day to reach another state.

Yeah, and I should know since I grew up in the Hill Country, and I still drive home twice a year. That's no excuse for not getting out and learning new things. For that matter, you could have found the answer to your question on the internet, without ever leaving your house (which is still no excuse for not getting out and exploring the country you live in).

I live in Marfa TX and don't have my own car. Even if I did Houston and Dallas are 600 miles away and that's still Texas. Phoenix is far. Everything is far.

Well, you are reeaaalllly far out there. I drive by the turn off of I10 to Marfa when I travel back home, and I'll agree that's out in the middle of fucking nowhere. Why don't you move, just out of curiosity?

yes

I don't know where to go and I don't like driving.

>Marfa TX

Beyond middle-of-nowhere.

Barely in Texas or Mexico. The world could end and you guys wouldn't know for weeks.

In nj we get them on sub/hoagie rolls and call them cheese steaks

They're everywhere in Nebraska and Iowa (go fucking figure)

It's just a philly cheesesteak on a hamburger bun with some BBQ sauce

This was the funniest thing I've seen on Veeky Forums in years. Thank you.

fucking rude

Move to an actual city.

No need to drive.

that's smoked overnight with mesquite and high quality Texas beef

>high quality Texas beef
There is nothing different about the beef.

The same steer raised in texas can be raised in several other parts of the country.

Texas does have a lot of good land for cattle and a lot of slaughter houses, so meat there generally will be somewhat fresher. I doubt there's a huge difference in quality you could get at any other butchershop though.

Ehh while texas does produce the most beef in the country, in terms of size of the state for beef production, it falls behind most of the other top beef producing states.

The top 5 beef producing states
>Texas: 11.8M cattle; ~16.8 cattle per km
>Nebraska: 6.3M cattle; ~31.5 cattle per km
>Kansas: 6M cattle; ~28.1 cattle per km
>California: 5.15M cattle; ~12.1 cattle per km
>Oklahoma: 4.6M cattle; ~25.4 cattle per km

So out of the top 5 states, 3 of them produce more cattle per square km than texas.
This isn't even to bring up modern food transportation is pretty damn good, you can get good quality meat pretty much anywhere.

>what is kobe beef.

Less cattle per km means the cattle have more room to roam and graze.

No it doesn't at all, you're assuming cattle have free reign throughout the entire state if that's the case, which obviously isn't true.

I'd be willing to bet nebraska has more usable cattle roaming space than texas

Are we talking about Wagyu in general which can be any of 4 different japanese cow breeds, or are we talking about specifically Wagyu from the Hyōgo prefecture and sold as Kobe beef at $75+ per ounce?

Also, what does that have to do with Texas unless you're talking about American Wagyu which is one of the four Wagyu breeds bread with the classic american Angus breed, but is far from the legal classification of "Kobe" beef, at least the Japanese legal definition.

>One of 4 breeds

Wagyu is literally any and all beef produced domestically in Japan.

Nope. there are several types of cattle in Japan that are not Wagyu.

>Wagyu
Kuroge Washu
Akage Washu
Mukaku Washu
Nihon Tankaku Washu

>Not Wagyu (unless cross-bred with a Wagyu breed)
Mishima ushi
Kuchinoshima ushi

Dude I live in Japan. Wagyu means domestic Japanese beef.

Yes, Wagyu is cattle for beef production, that doesn't change the fact Japan has 6 distinct breeds of cattle, only 4 of which are Wagyu.

The entire world has them

Looks like the midpoint between a Philly cheesesteak and North Carolina barbecue sandwich. So, kinda?

you guys are reminding me of that kitchen nightmares episodes with that autist who wouldn't shut up about australian wagyu beef

not really
canadians like more than one topping on their sandwiches

No it's another awful American invention

Everything I know lives in Marfa and big cities put me on edge. I've been to San Antonio and kind of liked it a lot but Houston and Dallas freak me out and I wasn't even driving. I imagine most big cities feel very similar.

Fuck I love me a good chopped beef sandwich with a little bit coleslaw on top. FUCK!

>coleslaw
stop ruining perfectly good sandwiches like this
use shaved pickles or something

What's so awful about slow-cooked meat on bread, ay cuckles?

ignore him

he's a butthurt britbong who's been going around every thread posting some variation of "SO LONG AS IT'S NOT AMERICAN LOL" because he's sick of people making "lmao toast sandwich; brits have no cuisine" threads

Tell me it's not exactly what it sounds like. If it is, you'd have to be retarded to think it's unique to texas.

That's all still in texas, go to an actual costal city.

New york, Los Angles, San Francisco, Seattle, etc, etc.

Dallas and Houston were both ass when I was there and would never directly compare them to real east/west coast cities.

Better to say "Does x exist" than "Is x a thing"

Or it means the land is less productive per acre.

>3 am
>walking from friends house drunk as shit
>smash on a chop house cheddar burger
good fucking times

>mfw americans call meat and toasty cakes a sandwich

>border fag
I know that feel but I live in the valley, not fucking Marfa. You gotta go on a road trip on the East Coast, its a beuatiful experience. I've been to NYC, D.C., Maine, Philly, pretty much everywhere and its a pretty fun change of pace from being on the border.

Marfa...Jesus Christ. How often do you hang out at the Dairy queen?

Yeah, here in England call them kebabs